Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,583 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

This is very odd altogether. Will wait for what news there is tomorrow morning about the whole thing. It seemed strange that they had '50 Garda' on the case with a suspect apparently arrested.

What ever happens hopefully they will get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭B2021M

Josef Duffeascu!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,327 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Your medical knowledge is very good but you get it wrong also. 72 hours is not going to be dt's for a man on cans.

He could be on 6/8 maybe 10 cans day and no dt's in 72 hours or be hospitalised.

• Advertisement

• So that guy who was arrested & Irish was released? How could he have been confused with being Romanian if the suspect was/is a Romanian speaking person?

Now having been in Romania just before Christmas, I met quite a few Romanian men recently and they would not stick out very much against Irish men. In fact very little, and you have to study the faces quite closely to see any kind of national physiognomy; being an artist I do study faces and form quite a bit. So whilst it might have been easy enough at first encounter to confuse the men from physical appearance, how did they not realise Mr Farrelly wasn’t speaking with a Dracula accent? Or was Mr Farrelly so much the worse for wear when they arrested him he could hardly speak at all and had to sleep it off until he became coherent in the morning. And then the Guards heard a thick Midlands accent rather than the roundness from a Romance language

So they ended up with Donal from Tullamore rather than Dinu from Timisoara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Ashling knew her attacker now that the original suspect has been released. 9 times out of ten victims know their attacker, my guess is perhaps a spurned ex or a stalker perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Just as well you're not responsible for law and order

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wait..so the fella they arrested is not the Romanian guy going around drunk?

This is not looking good for the Garda - why were none of the witnesses asked to identify him straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yep. Its crazy the connections they were making. Some how saying a culture of wolf whistling was leading to male on female violence and murder. Like its a slippy slope.

Ray Darcy started his show saying he was ashamed to be a man today. Just crazy.

• Advertisement

D'arcy has many reasons to be ashamed to call himself a man, this was not one of them

• My gawd, I was tempted to reply to this wan, but thought better of it cos her like is unhinged. She’d make a Gold cawlur to Liveline though. From my bicycle it was stressful having to track every male I saw from the corner of my eye. Unless she has PTSD from a past assault, she has a strange way of thinking about men and concentrate on the general hazards of the road itself which pose more danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,629 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some parts of D4 I would be afraid going in with an Apache Gunship.

Getting a bit ridiculous now with this vitriol directed at normal law abiding male citizens

It's this kind of maniacal behaviour that ends with some man killed because some woman thought he was too close to her while passing her on the pavement - it's seriously stirring up an unwarranted frenzy

• I read through that Twitter link again, had skimmed it before and grabbed handle of wrong broom lol. Donal Farrelly is the solicitor of the man arrested (whether drunk, Romanian or both) and not some local ne’r do well.

• There is something very very strange about the sequence of reporting.

A man of unknown description is arrested and released, on foot of…

Two women, neither with mobile phone, observed the attack from the far side of the canal and ran to a group of houses close by, where they knocked on a door and got the occupant to phone emergency services giving description of figure across the water.

We can only presume the arrested man, with help of his solicitor, was able to supply solid evidence that he was elsewhere when the attack took place if all else added up, otherwise the guards will have to keep track of said individual day and night for the safety of the folk of Tullamore.

Two women with no mobile phone, really?

Strange story - if I was with a friend (and no phone) one would go to aid and the other to the house, the perp did run off at the sight of them supposedly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,087 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Oh boy.

The Guards have two very, very serious headaches now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,979 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just woke up to these developments 😳

So, the time line

Witnesses saw the attack (clearly couldn't identify assailant)

Very shortly afterwards Suspect arrested (leaks almost immediately occurred about his past, record etc)

Next day the calvary arrived in Tullamore , including garda commissioner and numerous hysterical news crews, still stiff from extensive Christmas hols.

The Anti men sentiment commenced, ably abetted by our national Broadcaster.

Then Bizzarely a Photo Fit of a bicycle was released, it would seem to me the suspect didn't own or ride a bike and it was likely found at or near the scene.

Information then leaks, presumably by garda sources, the suspect was on actually on Bail for another assault on a women ( True by all accounts, from local sources) but why was this info released because it would also seem by early evening, Thursday, Gardai were beginning to have doubts.

The Anti men Hysterics continued on main evening news bulletins and even more extreme on alledged flag ship ( Hangwomen & Juries ) current affairs evening shows.

Suspect, not only released without charge but, cleared from any involvement 😳

Summary.

Gardai had a suspect in mind, put two and two together and got five. This bad enough in itself but then the feeding frenzy commenced, it was fuelled by them and Journalists, I refuse to believe the Garda Commissioner wasn't at least aware of doubts by the time he arrived in Tullamore, it was him who first mentioned the Bicycle. Indeed from what I know about cyclists, they are anal about their Bikes, Maintainence, serial numbers and it would seem easy to trace such a new looking bike.

Result.

A complete and utter Cluster***K of epic proportions and now I understand the need for 50, Gardai, there's alot of explaining to do, each could take their Turn

Appalling state of affairs and beggar's belief, this would make the keystone cops blush 😳

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

And yet most of yesterday it was being claimed she was badly beaten 🤔

• Advertisement

They've got 50 to share their pain, I'm just flabbergasted at the over night developments 😳

Boring Irelands, Dr Gavin Jennings (Epic Prat) Live in Tullamore, stoking up the anti men sentiment this morning, Clown 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Most people were saying why would they need 50 guards on the case when the guards themselves had said that they had their man. Probably delighted with them selves thinking that they had yer man and then started leaking things about him.

on a side note I thought Katie was worse than Joe yesterday. The first woman on said I am very nervous about coming on to your show when your researchers rang me. Then started saying she was terrified of men her whole life but she couldn't say why which Katie kept egging her on to say is that why you rang in.Trying to get a story from her that wasn't there

I think liveline did a disservice to men and women yesterday.

I completely agree, whilst I've absolutely no doubt, Katie was deliberately put in the hot seat (Mutal female outrage), I've liked Katie but yesterday's S#it Show, disgusted me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

Paul Reynolds sounding like a Garda PR man on Morning Ireland just now.

Well, isn't great that the wrong person won't be tried and convicted of a crime they didn't do!

That seemed to be the jist of his analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,583 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

on twitter they seem to be almost celebrating it was not the man in custody in the hope it will be an white Irish man.

Very odd mindsets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee

I know 2 guards from Tullamore, I hope the other 48 are a better caliber of Garda.

I'm aware of one in particular who was in court this week prosecuting an e scooter owner for having no licence or insurance, your friends will know the prick in question, infamous in the area, talk about priorities

Yep, he works part time at the Garda Press office, vomit enducing stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

It seems to me that Reynolds is in that particular job for far too long. Why don't they move these journalists around to different briefs every few years?

No individual is bigger than any of these jobs - certainly true of any individual in RTE.

Advertisement