Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He has some Wish purchased phone kit for his S Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Lol a rare caller on caller "bad line" (wonky line)

As they go i didn't the line was that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'm glad Katie is on. She's better at allowing rows to develop than Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

the liveline research team needs new blood

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

He has Asperger's, and he states that on his CV and feels that he is not getting the job opportunities because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

look, maybe his CV is sh1te and it's nothing to do with his condition. Tour guide in a castle and an interest in history is not going to get you much

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Or........the potential employers found someone better ??

Maybe even entertain that notion

Start from de beginning!!!!!

Ah here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

lol

this lad is ticking all the boxes

Katie clearly thinks the same as the posters here, and the others, who told him to take it off his cv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

we will all be after catching 'ass burgers' by the end of this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

custardy battle...led the wife down the garden path

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Mother of God, this is up there in the league of total shyte 😳

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Like this caller I agree that it's admirable and it should be totally fine to state it if you wish. Personally if it were me I wouldn't but that's because if I had Asperger's it wouldn't define me. In the same way as Brian compared it to being LGBT, it's simply who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would it be PC if a fast food chain offered a new addition called the Arse Burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Deeec

He needs to leave it off his CV - but he does need to realise if he applies for a job he has to actually be able to do the job.

I remember years ago I gave a job to a guy who had down syndrome - job was basic light cleaning and filing. He was well able to do the work but couldnt be bothered some days. This resulted in other staff having to do his job. Now they loved this guy but it started wearing very thin that they had to cover for him. Eventually we had to let him go due to staff pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Can ya not just tell him to start at the Mater next Monday as a heart surgeon; gown, scapel and gloves provided. Joe would.

Brian seems all over the place, Asburgers, Fadder, member of the LGTB community and can't work out how to turn off Bluetooth. 🙄

Maybe you were an annoying sap talking about de Batman and de Dart Vader lad all de bleedin time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Tomorrow we have a half African LBGT traveller with tourettes to tick further woke boxes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i'm lost. what is this lad on about ???

Ah here Katie stop this guy going on and on now please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I'm 44. I have ADHD and it has cost me employment opportunities. I know it has. I have multiple third level qualifications so it's not a brain power issue.

Nobody will ever say it straight out though.

I may come across as a weirdo sometimes because I do things in an unorthodox manner but it doesn't make you stupid.

Wait till he finds out how hard it is to find a place to rent. He's in for some shock and it's not anything due to having a disability.

I'm sorry to be insensitive but Simon would drive me potty

• Decades ago the libraries provided a refuge for people with various mental health/non-neurotypical conditions. It meant such people were able to buy their own little house or apartment and not depend on hand-outs. There was always work to be done in back offices for folk that couldn’t cope with face-to-face customer interactions. That was Jack Lynch’s era. Nowadays every person must complete performance management sheets and fully account for their productivity in the workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

And Simon stated it didn't hold him back and that he's a great public speaker, so why state it on your CV. Asperger's or not, a lot of people are socially awkward and not many people like change, and lord knows most are nervous wrecks the first few days of a new job. Personally I'd have it taken off my CV, most companies expect nerves in both interviews and new starts.

He's more clued in than some of the directors and HR managers I've worked with.

• Advertisement

I doubt Elon Musk has to do Job interviews like the rest of us.

Advertisement