Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,514 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The term "hair on your fanny" is hardly acceptable for an advert running during Liveline when kids are in cars being collected from school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Leo Varad car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

would he have reacted the same if, Healy Rae had of told him "he's away with the Fairies" ... im not getting how this is even a thing

Im more offended by Joe jumping down Healy Raes throat at the start "telling him, he never met him, he doesn't know him"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Quote from David Norris discussing Archbishop O'Connell:

So I just said that ‘Dr Connell may know everything there is to know about angels, but you can take it from me that he knows sweet f**k all about fairies.’

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

Jesus christ, if you PAID me to go to Mrs Brown Boys live show, I'd think I'd pass ... well maybe if it were 1000eur +

But I'd need free drinks for the night too, can you imagine the type that would go to that ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

That Mrs Browns Boys ad is like water torture, bring back Neil Diamond and Mary from X factor please

• Registered Users Posts: 82,514 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could a Karaoke competition wurk for TD's in the Dail? Winner gets to park nearest the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

rodney: are they a couple of ravers?

delboy; there a couple of geezers

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I honestly listened carefully to the clip and I see this as nothing more than Leo acting the P****K

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Leo opposed the gay marriage referendum too Joe before he noticed it would actually pass, then had a miraculous change of mind…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Yeah but what if dynorod have to visit and ask to look at your womanhole....could lead to a rather embarrassing situation

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭GE90

The only outcome from all this is everybody will be on eggshells when speaking to gay people which will further alienate.

Fair enough if he called Leo a fairy as an insult but he clearly did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,776 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is it not "hair on your"...(someone else) "mammy!"

Everyone laughs wildly...someone falls over...someone farts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Any Ukrainians listening to this will be saying "and we thought we had problems "

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

‘Mrs. Brown’s Boys’ Live?

ffs these callers think too much of our parliament of teachers and landords

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not only is she dyslexic but she's also deaf. He did not call the Tanaiste a fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

Joe's heavy breathing and belching offend me . Where's MOY apology !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

By any chance would you be vociferously opposed to the Shannon LNG terminal caller?

(She is by the way).

And you are trying to use what MHR said to Leo to further the opposition to the LNG terminal perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,504 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

WHO GIVES A SHYT!
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

how did she fill out the passport form?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭archfi

How many victim points does dyslexia get versus being gay on the intersectional victim chart?

That's the barometer.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

And caller.....WTF has all dis to do with anything ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

she just likes the sound of her own (very fast) voice

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

YAG , this is how a dyslexic spells Gay, felt this important to share 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

And still Joe claims to know what MHR meant - funny that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭KaneToad

MHR is wrong. He referred to LV as "airy fairy" (indirectly):

"Like I say, off with you with the airy-fairies and see how far it will get you."

He either misspoke and meant to refer to LV's ideas as airy fairy or he meant to call LV airy fairy.

I suspect it's the former and not the latter. But MHR is being stubborn and doubling down. He is the one who made the error of speaking. He needs to take the hit and apologize.

It will grate that LV won this one. But that's MHRs problem.

His window for a full & Frank apology are disappearing. If I were advising him, I'd tell him to apologize but do so "having listened to his constituents, particularly the rep from the Kerry LGBTQ+ group, talking on the national airways"

where is the trans farmer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

I'm sure Joe'll get a few mins in of long covid

Advertisement