Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Operation Coddle

"...a great moovie..." Joseph Duffy

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

There's one thing that clown Ryan has achieved with this announcement, the price of Turf has Quadrupled, people struggling as it is, he's now made the situation worse, a complete Gobshyte.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,563 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

But the farmer needs to keep his cows warm so they can give us de milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i like this man !!!

• Advertisement

Could be a neighbour of mine, so to speak 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

I love mine, had the gas fire taken out in 2010, love a roaring fire on a miserable winters day!! The only issue is the sitting room can be freezing at times with the cold coming down the chimney!! Do get it cleaned regularly, its not as expensive as you'd think!

Wood pellets my arse, lots of people near me had those stoves installed and useless, they also require power to operate and horrendously expensive stoves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Bad line.

p.s . Where is Joe?

• In Iceland they use sheep sh1t for foyres an dat in traditional farm houses, where lamb is smoked over its fumes, one of the country’s delicacies.

Could we burn our… eh… produce?

• Advertisement

no heat if there's power outages, is a really good point!! Because hasn't there been whispers of rolling black outs in the winter?

@Dempo1 is this you?😂

M

Feck, this caller should have rang in earlier, he's animated so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Feck

Whoy wasn't dis lad on against de Brit earlier ?

Your at least insuring chimney cleaned and I don't doubt they are a beautiful feature , Stoves are 90% efficient as opposed to open fires around 30%. My stove also retaind heat for hours but I do agree and open fire hard to beat .

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

A note of defiance to tell Prof Saddo to feck off.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

M

He probably would have mentioned de Tans cutting down on de quality of life back in the day with de window tax.

No, I promise, I'm a little younger and have a South Dublin accent 🤣🤣🤣

M

Industrial action by doctors, wohoo, just when you thought the country couldn't be in more of a crisis.

I really think this country about to implode, crisis after crisis and a **** government going to advise us how to save money (if you have a smart meter)

I despair 🙄

• Advertisement

Well say what you will, but that was one of the better shows for a while, the lad at the end (aka @Dempo1) gave it a bit of a lift 😂!!@Dempo1

Believe what you will Cawlur, @[Deleted User] has seen an image of me , I think they will vouch that wasn't me 🤣 but he is living nearby my Gaff, so to speak 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

He's been expelling too much methane lately so he's off for a retrofit.

CPL 593H

• I just had a new gas meter fitted, by order of Bord Gais, no choice in the matter. The location of my meter is ridiculous, down at floor level in a tight compartment off my balcony. Any, eg elderly, person without a smartphone to take picture, just could not possibly read own meter without assistance. I wasn’t offered any such thing as a smart meter. Dare I say I could possibly set up a remote camera, but it would need a very long usb cable, trailing inside, probably degrading its performance. It’s just not really feasible. Electricity meter is in a locked press at basement level. There’ll be no smart metering for the foreseeable.

I once nearly bought what was originally a very high tech apartment, early 2000s, to let, but didn’t at all like it’s location. Lots of automation, screens in every room etc. of course the technology would be outdated now, but at least there was provision to upgrade. There was quite a noisy router cabinet with ongoing fans, similar size to the system where I worked.

That's Ridiculous, especially if you have to read it. I'm actually surprised the meter wasn't upgraded to a smart meter 🤔 is your electric and gas with one supplier 🤔 I assumed that eventually all meters we being upgraded to smart, I presume to include Gas ones 🤔

My humble cottage was one of the first to get a smart meter, over 2 years ago but oy went live about 6 months ago. I think they were doing rural and really old meters first, guy laughed when he saw mine, Museum piece, Joe coukd have done a historical feature on it, perhaps a Buke on pre war Electric Meters, so to speak 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well, how bad was it?

Four Letters discussed

T U R F

dat was it, pretty Much

• My meter was originally from 2000, abdolutely no visible difference in the new one. I was raging, then fitter issued a statement that the exhaust pipe wasn’t safety compliant and needs fixing because it aims out onto balcony rather than onto outside wall. That would cost me a fortune as it would involve drilling through thick apartment building wall or carving door in half. Only if or when I might sell would I do that or absolutely forced to. I suspect Bord Gais (the gas authority who implement this, nothing to do with current business supplier Energia of both gas and electricity) are in the business of going countrywide and putting orders on expensive other upgrades.

I have a very good quickly responsive plumbing/gas company to do any repairs needed, they seem to employ lots of plumbers & gas fitters. They serve the entire Dublin area from their various branches.

• Advertisement

That's extraordinary, 2000 🤔 , I think mine ended up in the V&A and on display 😏 I wondered will the meter be replaced again with ESB networks get to your apartment block 🤔 as I believe its the intention to upgrade all to smart .

The exhaust pipe issue also odd 🤔, they are only noticing the issue now, I presume safety and fire inspections done on building being completely and your boiler serviced many times since moving in. Even if it was facing onto your balcony could an adapter not be added, facing in right direction 🤔, maybe not as I'm no expert.

I see Eamonn Ryan going to propose customers on smart meters be moved to cheapest tariffs 😳 I refused point blank to move to a smart tariff as a low usage customer , this is going to be fun 😏 First me Turf now this , they'll be a Rural uprising (Joe will have a new Buke out for Christmas

"Childers of The Turf Rebellion 2022" 😁

Advertisement