Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭archfi

I'd definitely ring in if he dared take a good gander at An Post (I hate them!)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Me too, how they are getting away with what is going on is shocking and not a, peep out of anyone over it,😳

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

DHL are just as bad for sticking it to ya.

Shower of incompetent crooks.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Yep, couldn't agree more, they and an post still using Brexit as an excuse to act the absolute maggot 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

So. Got a ear load of the pretentious bollocks that was complaining about the price of alcohol free gin. Even joe couldn't muster up the will to support his crusade.

Ah Joe but it's only a mineral at the end of the day so why is it cheaper not cheaper.

As fate would happen, proof of a god (pardon the pun) if it were ever needed. His phone line went down and we couldn't hear the insufferable bollcoks anymore

Imagine your life being that shìte that you felt the need to ring a radio show to complain about the price of alcohol free gin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Why does everyone blame an post for a political fuckup. Don’t shoot the messenger

I'm not blaming an post for a political F**K up, I'm blaming them for being a F**K up.

Are you unaware of the shocking delays, parcels being inexplicably not delivered, returned and additional charges despite appropriate charges already paid 🤔 its become a nightmare getting stuff, particularly from UK and yes, their go to excuses, Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Regarding AP; I've had no trouble routing stuff via their St Albans depot. The trouble arises when I've arranged something to come straight here from the UK, via Dublin. Now, most of the time the parcel is dealt with promptly and I pay the duty/fee and it's all fine.

However, on the odd occasion the parcel will bump into some obstreperous jobsworth type who spies something not 100% in the addressing or the customs form and, instead of querying me, sends the item back to its origin.

There are, unfortunately, some utter fvckwits working in AP, but they seem to be the minority.

This is not a new thing, of course. Long before B-shyt happened the same fvckwits would return parcels because the address wasn't 100%, despite that same address being used for years.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Kinda off topic, but people giving An Post **** for parcel issues coming in from the UK misunderstand how it works. An Post have nothing to do with your parcel getting pulled and inspected or delayed. Revenue have their own staff in Athlone, portlaoise and it is them that will decide to pull parcels and send you the query or bill your weren't expecting. They're not An Post employees. I know for example revenue have their own room in athlone that parcels are put into that they quarantine and staff have no access to it

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

I think people would like to know why An Post are returning their parcels to the UK after being cleared by revenue with custom charges paid.

I know Joe Duffy and Conor Pope have already been contacted about highlighting it but it’s obviously beyond their level of expertise.

Not that I’d wish to see a wedding spoilt but it would be funny if non-delivery of a beeyoohiful mudder ov de broide pink dress (with lovely brooch and flattering slit sotospeak) was the thing to draw attention to this farce.

Precisely, this has little to do with revenue. I recall an interview done on scare Byrne before Christmas, she interviewed the CEO of an post and my word, what a W*****R, not only did he deny there was issues, he went on the blame a granny in England for not filling out forms or similar for all the problems, he also gave a distinct impression he couldn't give a Toss about the PO network, seemingly he's submitted his resume for the Job as next Montrosia DG, he's certainly well suited to the roll, Arrogant T*****R.

• Slovenian Coddle. I’m well used to gobbling a sausage.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,610 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Permission refused for Pro Russia rally in Phoenix Park due to lack of inshurdance and event safety management plan...

In a statement this evening the OPW said "the organisers were requested to provide a signed indemnity form, to submit an event safety management plan and to provide the relevant insurance cover.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ukraine/2022/0504/1296095-pro-russia-rally/

That actually looks like a Dogs Dinner Cawlur 😳, what on earth is on the left of the sausage, looks like crumbled white pudding 🤔 not at all sure why they bothered with the presentation attempt to the right, looks like mustard with a grilled tomato 🤔

• Left is de buckwheat, cawlur. It is excellent for health. Actually looks like crumbs from a sick cat’s litter tray. De sauerkraut is likewise good for de health, renders a good biome in de intestines. De sausage has no health qualities udder than joyous consumption.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

I'm of course kidding re dogs dinner 😏 I like buckwheat , Pulses, Lentils etc , Sauerkraut not so much , always fascinated me the combinations of food you find in Baltic, Eastern European countries, I suppose we are probably too traditional here , being accustomed to meat and 2 veg , so to speak.

That's a meal that would do wonders for our hosts various Blockage challenges 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

He is the former CEO of TV3, so no surprise he wants to go back to the media. His father set up the first journalism course in Ireland at what is now TUD and was something like the head of information in RTE and before that he work for the Indo but fell out with the management.

DHL owned by the German Post Office.

DPD owned by the French Post Office.

An Post closed down their courier company SDS (that was before the current CEO was in place).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

The irony here is that we'll have a future Liveline with callers unable to have a church fête or community fun day because they don't have these things either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

OPW said "the organisers were requested to provide a signed indemnity form, to submit an event safety management plan and to provide the relevant insurance cover".

Would them rules apply to the auld dogging too?

You always needed insurance and a safety plan. Without insurance the taxpayer is on the hook if anything goes wrong. And if it is a certain size you need a licence. You may also have to engage with AGS, Council and numerous other government bodies and departments. And they are all their own independent republics. You can get people who do the job without delay and being a jobsworth and others who are lazy, like to throw their power around and leave seeking additional info until the last minute.

Rather curious, the application for this event lodged back in January 🤔 fair enough a war broke out in the mean time but that aside curious OPW only getting around to a decision now (I agree with the decision incidently), I wonder had the event organisers had everything in place and permission was granted before war broke out, would they have reversed the decision 🤔 albeit also curious, I've never heard of such a celebration rally to mark the occasion before, unless I've missed something.

• The CEO of An Post David McRedmond, is son of Louis whom my mother knew. David’s sister Anne was in my class at school. She got job as producer in RTÉ but very sadly died prematurely of cancer. She was a nice girl.

This was the interview An Post CEO did with Claire Byrne last November

Whilst on a personal level he might be wonderful, he came across terribly in this interview, in essence blaming everything from Granny's in Sunderland, Aer Lingus, The EU for the parcel delivery debacle, he also seemed to care less about the post office network amongst other things. Of particular interest was this €3.50 charge put on certain deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,610 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Too Day...

Allianz Inshurdance, an advert featuring Ellen Keane being bullied, was she bullied in real life so to speak by her class, if so was anything done about it? In the video the other requests on de blackboard (can we still call it a black without being accused of being a slavery advocate?) are vet, go to the moon, ballerina, pilot.

Bulletproof vests for sale on adverts.ie

Online dating apps after age 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭avfc1874

When ever Joe says a number of listeners have gotten in touch with us, wanting us to talk about,,,,,,,,,, my mind says bullshit,

unless it's someone Joe knows or of interest to him, or a subject that could get him closer to the Aras it won't be on

I was at one once! A few years ago in the field next to the National Show Centre in Swords (where I was working). On our lunch break, we wandered over across the hedge and walked around, everyone seemed friendly enough although it took me a while to understand what it was about! Not sure how 'organised' it was but certainly over a hundred people and stalls/tents etc. selling bits and bobs.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I'm aware of the things needed to run events, in a previous job I used to run sporting events (absolute nightmare!) Sadly the level of protections that are put in place prevent a lot of events from ever happening. The equilibrium of protection v community has sadly swung in a way that kills events before they can ever get off the ground. All because of people who like to swing from swings while drunk or spill coffee on themselves in McDonalds, and the profession that supports their claims.

Advertisement