Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

She's sounds like something else but I'll be diplomatic, so to speak 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

will you be buying in Bulgaria or Cape Verde ?

#brentpope #eddiehobbs

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

jaysus H christ, what's this wagon doing on the radio

loaded

• I can print my accounts right here for the one place I let.

That was 2020. The income is heavily taxed, but as I’ve no mortgage it gives me my travel money. I have a very modest pension as well.

Last year I had to pay €2300 for a boiler, that cutting quite heavily into 2021 profit which I am shortly to pay tax on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

2 houses in Dublin

1 in Cavan

Sons can piss off to other countries before she'll entertain dem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

jesus some woman off to Spain to buy 10 apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭leath_dub

No such thing as bedsits now, Missus

• Registered Users Posts: 32,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

We need more slums...this oul f#cking bag...should piss off to Spain...ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

she is very right about bedsits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

bring back da bedsits. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

There is clearly a reason her kids are as far fetched as Poland, when I heard she was only charging €650 a month I though Jesus this ones sweet, then realised its per person and she probably has fecking umpteen Brazilians squashed into that house.

Here's a quick story local to me.

Council House , on its own site, fully retrofitted, couple put up in hotel for a month. When completed , couple demanded house be cleaned . Contract cleaners hired (I know them)

Couple happy to move back in. God only knows how much this cost .

This is not a Waterford whisper

• Registered Users Posts: 82,674 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sounds like your rent is too low caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Is the place paid for? Have you a mortgage being paid off from rental income?

You've an asset currently rapidly increasing in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,566 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Ah, nothing like a new conspiracy theory.

@Dempo1 her rental properties are bedsit style unless every room is ensuite. I think getting rid of bedsits was a big mistake, all those (mainly) single men then found themselves homeless, with absolutely no entitlement to be even on a housing list, let alone a hope of being housed, which hugely increased the homeless numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭Deeec

The standards for HAP is too high. The inspections for HAP is actually causing landlords to leave the market.

These houses are apparently fine for a non HAP tenent to live in - noone checks these out.

I had the displeasure of experiencing bedsits in the 80's in Dublin and whilst I accept conditions may have improved , what I experienced were sespits and I'm being generous.

• Advertisement

Don't forget during the crash a lot of people became unintentional landlords, by either having to take in a lodger or move back to their parents home and rent their property out to cover the costs, because they couldn't afford it after the arse fell out of the economy.

I think this guy is a fibber - hes not a tenent.

• I am one of the very fortunate ones to have inherited, family semi d I grew up in sold for a stupid price during Tiger. Bought my small apartment plus the duplex to let. No mortgage as I’ve said. I count myself lucky. I’m retired on minimal public service pension.

As for increasing asset, I paid out €330K during Tiger, it was a proper 3 bedrooms unlike most pathetic builds at the time, tenants adore it and treat it with great respect, even painting the inside as people from their country do. In same colour as they got it. It is worth less now that when I bought, but that doesn’t matter, as I’ve no mortgage.

My general point is that if a mortgage were needed I would not in a million years have bought a place to let. Simple as that.

Joan sounds like a John

I'm lost, if these people sell their property and it's bought as a home, surely they'll get the market price.

You can't say dat!

40 Players a day will do dat.

Whatever side of the Argument folks are on, there's one thing today's program has confirmed, the Rental Market is Fucked Up.

• I remember where I worked I had a customer who had bought on Cape Verde. Not even proper transport from airport island to it, let alone transport from Ireland to main island. The only thing is she said it was an introduction to the very nice culture of local people on that particularly beautiful island. House couldn’t even be insured, and they visited it twice. Cost €2000 for a return ticket between several overnight stops required.

Surely Katie is deserving of her own "Talk to Katie Jingle" by now 🤔

• Advertisement

Bought €330K c.15 years ago and worth less now? Have to be in a most unfortunate area?

Advertisement