Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,680 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

11 children, ffs, could you not exercise some jaysus control.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I mentioned this before, as part of priests training at one time , they were sent into state run children's homes to act as spiritual advisors . Even as seminary students the Nuns were terrified of them. In my own own home, 3 of the most notorious pedophiles were sent in by the arch diocese , one some may recall , Bill Carney, it was later suggested an organised pedophile ring was in operation in the Murphy report , but not proven, I was happy to offer evidence but was ignored .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Tell us about the pillow fights in your underwear..............at least that's what happened in the last movie I saw featuring an all girls boarding school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Say what you want about religious orders, but when they where in charge of hospitals, they where fecking spotless and run properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭Deeec

Absolutely the catholic church was responsible for horrific crimes in the past.

However you cant say everyone involved in the Catholic church was evil. There was and still is good people in the Catholic Church.

Historically the English done bad things to the Irish - Do we hate all English people - no we dont - most people moved on from that. Likewise people need to recognise that the Catholic Church of now is different to what it was years ago. The bashing of the catholic church needs to stop and Im by no means a holyjoe.

It is so true, the State and Church as in Arch Dioceses placed children in these and other institutions.

• My mother once thought she “ought” to be a nun, but as she said she would have made about as suitable a nun as myself 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Is dis Mary lou?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭Deeec

This wan was on before also bashing the church

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Something thats never mentioned in any discussion of the Tuam scandal is that one of the main reasons the mother and baby home was set up was because the paying customers in the bon secours hospital in the middle of town objected to sharing a room with "these" ladies... Theres a terrible shortage of mirrors in this country all the better to see who we were

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Yer one Lisa is a female John from cork, an opinion on everything

What I'd give for a sophisticated scam now...............

You'd have developed bad "Habits " Cawlur 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

it was there parents that sent the young mothers there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭leath_dub

If it ws Offaly it was Daingean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Families where complicit... I heard family stories of how the guards knocked on my grandmothers door to take my uncle to Artane, due to his bad behaviour (never showing up for school) and they were ran from the door, because everybody knew what happened in there and there was no way my grand parents where having it!! So families where capable of stopping children being put in, in some cases.

This Cawlur is mixing up Christian Brothers and Nuns

• My father’s business friend had a son who was abused in Belvedere. My Dad had gone to Blackrock College, so he was able to get the son in there instead and told the powers what had happened in Belvedere and that he was hoping the boy would have a much better experience in Blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Special offer on Rose tinted glasses til 3pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the 1950's was a very different time caller

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

ah the auld pigs blood breakfast

that's a new one

This cawlur (Lisa ?) is extremely angry - a lot of hostility built up over the years. Was she on before?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,734 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How much more time can we rake over these events from the past?

It's nodda croyme in Oireland............oh, wait.

They were not Nazis, cawlur. Nazis were people who wore black uniforms and went around telling people what to do - oh wait

• My experience of the nuns was more fortunate, they were the most enlightened nuns in Ireland and some of my class mates were telling me recently how they kept friends with some of them. There were one or two oddities with mental health issues etc, but they were taken into hand quickly if parents complained. They were great at encouraging debate and freedom of expression.

Shocking, on my very first day in ******* college, tippearary , I looked across the green and observed a priest literally beating the **** out of a new student , which included a kick to head .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,680 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Has this innocent clown ever done something as mad as left her house after 9pm of an evening?

Advertisement