Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭busunderer

Cillian Sherlock of RTE didnt even credit me for alerting him to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭busunderer

Niamh Horan scanning boards for scoops too

• It’s absolutely fine at current prices. Car hire is normally affordable in Guernsey as cars get very low mileage done. On Jersey, however, the green lanes (can’t be cut back due to nesting an dat) invariably leave tons of scratches with re sprays necessary before they resell them. The local car hire companies accept this and the price incorporates this factor.

That's good then 😏

Speaking of nesting , so to speak

Met these this morning. Lucky to have this hidden lake, just outside me village, its secret, no riff raff , so to speak 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

But of course Cawlur 😁 actually fascinating history attached to the Lake, Man made originally for Brittas House, which was apparently burned down by a disgruntled Butler, no less . House has been partially restored but funds ran out years ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

That was one hell of a mic drop moment. Enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Just listened to the Don mcLean episode there, nice to see Joe get both barrels from that guy who was on after Rosita Sweetman who's anything but sweet who likes to bring Trump and the "far right" into any of her articles and conversations.... And then Duffy quotes Trump,"the only way to deal with a bad guy with a gun is to give a good guy a gun" have a look in the mirror yourself and Rosita there Joe re your support of flooding Ukraine with Guns and armaments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Joe tried to get the Irish Defence Forces weaponry sent to Ukraine. He went on and on about doing this for days. What did the great pacifist snowflake think the Ukrainian Army were going to use them for?

• Advertisement

Joe really reached the Gutter yesterday with his quite personal and vicious comments about Don McLean , really appalling behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

It's time for Joe to go.

His lickarshing has got him good bread over the years .

He is now at the stage where age and ego have come together to show his true colours which he has covered in his early years.

Farewell my owl son .

You have scammed the general public for years ,like most of your mates.

Good luck owl son and I hope your boat sinks soon.

Your a discrace to Ireland and yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,686 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Art's N Craft's hour, did Air Finglas give free rights to a DAA Premium Services photo? I can see more photoshop childrens zone fails than a €5.55p note, if not the owner of de airline gruup should seek readies so to speak for de marketing art wurks which shareholders would not agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I listened to part of the Don McLean episode. I do like when Duffy loses the rag, it's always hilarious. When he petulantly ran for the cover of the ad break and in his rush to get in a dig before said break he came out with "put dat in yer boiled bag of sweets".............the bag containing the sweets is not boiled after all.

He was trying to say "put that in your bag of boiled sweets" but as usual when put under the slightest bit of pressure he becomes a blundering mess and mixes up his wurds and dat. A true pro.

When subsequently called out on his impartiality he retorts with "aren't you on air now?" - as if that were the point. Then laughably says callers are not cut off. The man is an embarrassment to the state broadcaster.

It was truly shocking and the only reporting (The Indo, were else) on this disgraceful segment was on Joe and his boiled sweets, no mention of his petulance, aggressiveness, Bully boy tactics and quite vicious character assassination of Don McLean. I'm not suggesting Don's a Saint but was it really appropriate to bring up an historical domestic assault case in the context of the actual discussion which was on gun control which in itself has little to do with Don playing in Ireland. Mclean actually pulled out of an NRA gig when others didn't.

Garth Brooks also arriving shortly is a Gun owner he's actually more of a Cowboy than Don McLean ever was, I can't confirm if he's a member of the NRA but to be fair he has spoken out against gun violence. The harsh reality of Targeting Country Music stars is that almost their entire fan base in the US are conservative Gun owning supporters who treat the 2nd ammendment as if it were a passage from the Bible. Joe of course would dare bring saintly Garth Brooks upcoming performances in Ireland into the discussion, far to much RTE advertising revenue at stake.

Joe kept repeating, Wife Beater, he beat his wife only because he was loosing his silly argument.

Really disgraceful and uncalled for behaviour, any other presenter behaving this way would be reigned in.

Got thinking of Joe this morning whilst out for a walk 🤔 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

I thought he was going to say "Pur dat in yer Ballbag!", echoing Roy Keane's "Stick it up yer Bollix" classic from 20 years ago.

I also enjoyed when he was trying to tie in a domestic abuse reference into the The Mountains of Mourne

"Oh Mary dis London's a wuuunderful sight..... I bet de woife"

Well I nearly mounted veh-ikle on the grass verge with that one. He really is a clown.

However, the joke is, as always, on the license fee payer - 400,000 Euros for him, maybe another 600-700,000 P.A. for the rest of the "team". No transparent way of proving if the thing makes a surplus or not for RTE.

Sadly, it gets stuck into our "boiled bag of sweets" each day this 'fees' scandal is allowed to continue.

Don't forget the friday jaunt is back on the road, Gods knows what that lark costs

I hope the crew travelling on Electric Bicycles Cawlur and not looking for accommodation 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

"Don't forget the friday jaunt is back on the road, Gods knows what that lark costs"

Oh yes and on that, a reminder that the 2022 Celtic Media Festival is on at the moment in Quimper, Fwance

I shudder to think how many luvvies from Montrose are out there at the moment. You can make a guess for yerself, based on the number of nominations.

Nominees - Celtic Media Festival

Between this, the New York Festivals, IMRO and a hundred smaller ones we never heard of all around the world, I think(hope) the awards junkets might come under scrutiny.

Despite winning broadcaster of year at this year's New York Festivals, it was significantly played down compared to other years.

It may be that some Sunday newspaper journo has put in a FOI request looking for a figure on the cost of entries, the cost of preparing them and then cost of, eh, accepting these great accolades.

• Advertisement

Oh yes I caught that attempt at a hilarious rhyming retort from the Eminem-wannabe too. To call him a clown is an insult to clowns.

They'll of course be Told its not in the public interest, Vast taxpayer funds, financing this nonsense 😉

• Very interesting line up, so many productions throughout the Celtic nations. I wonder who would be the Joe Duffy of, eg Radio Galega.

Was curious was Joseph Duffy was in Spainish

José Tonto it seems 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

@Expunge "Despite winning broadcaster of year at this year's New York Festivals, it was significantly played down compared to other years"

Just getting Public Sector Magazine award vibes, and we all remember how that went for EIR... I'd say given that Joe went after them like a dog with a bone over that award, he'll keep his head down over this "award"

I estimated in the past that a FunnyFryday outside broadcast cost a minimum of €20,000, and possibly as much as €50,000 (which may even be conservative in itself). The FunnyFryday have to be paid, then there's their mileage and accommodation costs, the host's fees etc. - and that's before you get to staff costs. Also FunnyFryday's tend to start on Thursday afternoon from a costs perspective, and in many cases it seems the "party" continues into and over the weekend. Even with the named venue/hotel providing services for free there's still a lot of people with their hands out on this one. An absolute disgusting waste of taxpayers money.

Jesus wept and that's not even including our Hosts Salary 😳

How is remotely possible it's costs so much to produce such Shyte, actually how is possible the Talentless Twat guests are actually paid 😳 😉

Can we Assume NK Talentless Management are earning generous fees to🤔

Off subject but watched a film last night called Compartment No6, its set in russia about a trip from Moscow to Murmansk where a finnish girl and a Russian lad share a compartment for the journey , well worth a view imho, won a few awards in cannes

• Advertisement

Well if you think about it between fees and expenses for the "Talent" alone you'd reach €20,000 in no time. It's rare that a FunnyFryday would have less than 8-10 "comedians" performing. Between their fees and especially the mileage and expenses you can see how that number rises very quickly. Plus the fact they travel on Thursday and stay overnight on Thursday and Friday (judging by previous social media posts on this sh*tshow) they'd likely I suspect be putting in for loss of earnings for both those nights or their fee would reflect the fact that they were "away with RTE" for those nights so to speak and unable to sell out the 3 Arena etc.🙄 🤣 whilst doing FunnyFryday. I did once write to a journalist asking they submit a FOI request on this but I never heard any more on the matter.

Another one I'd love to know the answer to is when Brendin O'Cardle does do De Christmas Eve LahvLahn Show with Joseph has he paid for his own flights to and from Florida or are RTE covering these. He'd be home for Christmas anyway, and I'd be shocked if he's not already getting a fee for this other sh*tshow - but I'd really like to know who pays for the flights......largely as I had the misfortune of sharing the tiny Business Class cabin from Orlando to Dublin with him and what seemed like the entire cast of Mrs. Browinz Boyiz one December and I still have PTSD from that experience.

Advertisement