Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Enjoying Stereophonics at the principality stadium, Cardiff, BBC 2, great band and people, hosted them when I wurked in Swansea, genuinely Salt of da earth types unlike a well known Irish Band I worked for 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'm guessing, but might be connected to a certain spot of fisty cuffs in Ballybrack very recently, but a stones throw (no pun intended) from this public house.

Crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Short back and sides with free inspirational positivity quote.

😂😂 Imagine asking for a Blowout😁

blowout is a type of men’s haircut that is designed to appear wind-blown and a little wild. The look is characterized by a full-volume top, which is styled tall, and short or faded sides.

I'll be cancelled shortly, Bye all 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

With the price of petrol now it's up there with the expenses of The Man With The Golden Gun carrying out a hit 😁

I'd wager the petrol wasn't paid for Cawlur 😏

I know the establishment, Kip of a place, rough as a Badgers Arse, so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Is that the establishment where you have to wipe your shoes on the way out Cawlur?

Lol 🤣🤣🤣 its been years since I was even near it Cawlur. I lived in Cabinteely , very near Ballybrack / Loughlinstown. I used to laugh at Ballybrack residents using Dalkey/ Killiney in their addresses 😁

Ballybrack and indeed a place called Fitzgerald Park in Monkstown would have made Fatima mansions look positively idyllic years ago. Absolute sesspits , Fitzgerald Park was once known as Mini Ballymun Tower's.

Of course many things have changed for the positive but there's always a cohort who'll never change.

As for the establishment in question , its more like a working man's/wimmins club (albeit few patrons would know what work was) no shoes actually required and Pyjamas the favored attire, to be fair, they used to actually hand out Bottles and Sticks, so to speak to all patrons entering , but they had to be returned on leaving. 😁

Utterly delightful venue 😏

I'm thinking of writing a Buke on Deprived Areas of Doublin

I know of a famous person who actually lives in Dollymount but claims to live in Clontarf.

• Advertisement

Touché Cawlur, exactly the same principle 🤣🤣 although, believe me, Dollymount 1000 times better than Ballybrack once was 😁

You make it sound idyllic, I must saunter in some evening for a few Martinis & Canapés! Would it be advised to leave my monocle in the breast pocket of my smoking jacket Cawlur?

😂 Yes if you don't want your monocle ending up in your eye as opposed over your eye, so to speak 😁

Nothing more Therapeutic than Sunday morning baking, honestly Cawlurs you should try it.

Often thought of setting up a Baking / Cooking school, "Dempos Culinary Cottage" 🤔 not an airy ****, arty farty type thingy like Ballymaloooo, I couldn't abide spoiled rich kids being sent to me by Mumsie & Daddy's. I'd loose it altogether as my patience levels for Dimness, quite low 😁

Lost count of the amount of thymes I dropped kicked Ballymaloooo graduates out of professional kitchens.

Making some Treacle & Walnut Brown Bread 😋

I

I’ll bear that in mind Cawlur, some scally’s accosted me last Thursday, it being blooms day and all as I was strolling along Talbot streeh some who looked decidedly unwell “so to speak”

what they wanted with blacked out monocle & straw boater remains a mystery to me!

Blooming Heck 😁 is nowhere safe in Doubalin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Taking candid pics of semi-naked teenage boys and posting them online caller. May want to lay low for a while as surely Joe will be covering this tomorrow.

'Predatory Paedo Pics by Pairc', the Lahvlahn is open now...

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Joe can use his French lingo tomorrow...Irish Fishermen are looking to prevent the French military exercise due to take place later this week.

In a statement this evening, CEO of the Irish South and West Fish Producers Organisation Patrick Murphy said they are calling on the Irish and French governments to have the planned exercises relocated outside of the Irish Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ).

The French military action coincides with the opening for Irish vessels of the Albacore Tuna fishery on 23 June.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/0619/1305811-fishermen-to-block-fish-military/

Sacré bleu votre interlocuteur 😳 😁

La navy du France invading, Joe's only interest will be if there's is Foix Gras, Frogs legs and Caviar to be had on da French ship's , he'll be on the lead boat of the Irish flotilla 😁

Viva La Fisher peeple 😉

Great look back on 50 years of Glastonbury on BBC 2 at the moment, a festival I'd loved to have gone too 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Well, after the success of facing down the Russians...

<caution: there may be irony involved>

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

I was speaking to 2 gay men I know yesterday whilst out walking the dog. We were discussing Joseph and Dublin Pride etc. They were both very clear that they didn't approve of the Pride actions, and said that the "trans lobby" within the LGBTQ+ movement is really shouting the loudest and there's almost a fear of saying anything that's not 100% supportive of their views - even if you don't agree with them. They said they really don't like their style, and that they were united in their dislike of the Queen who they described as a "ghastly individual". I have my own thoughts on the Queen (and I wouldn't be so kind) but it was just interesting that even within the LGBTQ+ Community that there are such divisions.

Morning Cawlur, I mentioned a while back I've a same sex couple live near me whom I've got to know very well, two fantastic guys , Generous to a fault, welcoming, actually Hillarious, not at all camp, airy fairy , both professional people and actually moved to a rural location to get away from the Nonsense developing in the LGBT movement in Doubalin, just wanted to live happy , ordinary lives. Both have told me they never experienced prejudice, homophobia, certainly no violence and actually found their school , college years more challenging.

They are both embarrassed by what's going on and actually said they are alarmed , saying the militancy developing within what they describe as right wing and determined elements with the LGBT organisations is disturbing and actually are having the opposite affect of trying to improve on inclusion, they are infact causing division and stoking up needless anger.

It's actually fascinating to talk and listen, even learn from two Gay Men, perfectly normal human beings who want to live normal happy lives , like all everyone. No one denies there's prejudices or horrific homophobia but there is in fact a cohort within the LGBT community not actually helping , stamp it out and actually, I may be wrong but seem to thrive on controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭archfi

In for 'YA CAN'T SAY DAT!'

Sir Lenny Henry stated quite clearly that Glasto is akin to a white supremacists rally what with no black people allowed (or in reality, few black people going to it)

That's Sir Lenny who impersonated 'Chinamen' on da telly and wore da aul whiteface on in da fillums an dat and has a knighthood an all.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Used to like Lenny early on in his career but he's become quite the sanctimonious clown in recent years. They touched on that issue re black people attending, honestly I believe it was more musical taste than anything and then turned into the nonsense Lenny spouted on about .

There was fears, Black performers would not draw the crowds which turned out to be nonsense, die hard music fans up in arms about hip hop being added ( admittedly it's shyte) , one of the Gallaghers (Noel I think) very vocal about Jaa z appearing and was gobsmacked to be told Jaa Z played guitar and started his set playing Wonderland.

I think the beauty of Glasto has been its diverse range of artists and music , not the color of performers skin, Gender identity or indeed sexuality, indeed the Event organiser was one of the very first to introduce and support a gay themed section folks of all persuasions could go to after main events ended (only found that out last night )

• Advertisement

Henry was doing de Chinaman act in the 1980s, by contrast Brindin O'Cardle is still doing it. Think there were "ninjas" in de moooovie filllum - but let's not forget, that's hilarious because he's a friend of Joe's and a "genius". 🙄

Advertisement