Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

His-terectomy?

Shouldn't that be a hers-terectomy?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Riley Helpless Grapevine could fill a week of liveline with her health matters

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭touts

Would have thought that the first question a trucker should be able to answer about the truck she was driving was "how big is it". The fact that even when he simplified it to how many wheels does it have and she had to go count them made it even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭golondrinas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Snottser on line 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Hitchens

If you were parking it overnight in Ballyer you'd be counting the wheels next morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

possibly 6 on the truck and 6 on the trailer !! probably using different trailers all the time. lots of different ones !!

"95 percent of the time good...10 percent bad..."

Lol

Joe: For your first time on the radio you were very clear and coherent. I'm doing this 40 years and havn't gotten the hang of coherence yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

I would use the M&S toilets on Henry Street, then I read about an issue they had with Southern American males using the toilets to manually relieve themselves of frustration.

Fifth man charged with public sex act in M&S toilet (irishexaminer.com)

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭touts

This card printed by some random company gives you the right to use any bathroom in the country.

She can **** off if she comes to my house with that attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

I sympathise with people with medical issues but these places have to have a customer only policy because of chancers who are too tight to purchase something and junkies.

Jeepers that is news to me...I should go more often (joking!).

No need for that kinda shite, kids or anyone could be using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Had to go for a pee listening to this, what did I miss 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭golondrinas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Butters joe had to do an impromptu apology today and he still nearly made a balls of it

Another main story going Tits up, I presume there's a voucher on its way to Joe from Air Lingus to show gratitude for the stellar PR job he did today.

Lisa must be feeling quite the Gobshyte this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

In fairness to the lady driving the truck she could have a different trailer on her truck everyday.

With you know who asking how big her truck was, it was like asking how big a piece of string is.

She could have told Joe the weight of her tractor unit, the unladen weight of her trailer, the length of her trailer plus cab, the height of her trailer, the weight of the load she was carrying....but why confuse an already confused presenter. How Joe could deduce how big the lorry was by the number of wheels we'll never know.

When Joe asked her how many wheels I was hoping she'd say 70 (Maybe a car transporter) and confuse him even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Didn't listen after about 1:55 as I had a meeting from 2-5. Should I listen back?

• Advertisement

The Aer Lingus story and how Beastly they treated a Mother and Sick Child, took a dramatic turn around, Mum (Lisa) turned out to be quite the C**T, even Joe was against her as were a number of Cawlurs, fantastic PR coupe for Aer Lingus.

We then moved on the Problems some people with medical conditions have getting access to public toilet facilities when out and about.

A fleeting few minutes of the mysterious charging of a blind (impaired vision) person being charged to have an antigen test read, turns out, her own friends refused to do it as she was supposed to be isolating and despite being visually impaired, some how made to find her way to 3 different pharmacies, whilst supposed to be self isolating, possibly infecting half of Doublin. Her tongue was certainly not impaired. Another story poorly researched.

Back to Poop, more poop, dollops of Poop.

It was an extraordinary Poop fest for last graphic 20 minutes, I passed on lunch.

I'd listen back to The Aer Lingus bit but unless you've a strong stomach, stop before final half hour, it was Shyte, Literally, Shyte 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Well that was truly fantastic. Never heard Joe actually question someone with a ridiculous story, and it paid off! The moment she had to step down after saying it was a vomiting bug was beautiful.

And Joe asking could you not take a picture of the Covid test.... And the realisation that it could have been so simple. 😂

• Did I miss much, lots of pages filled I see?

Very bumpy roide all de way over but dat’s de way I loike it, cawlurs. There definitely has to have been a case of food poisoning at the airport, girl beside me clutching her stomach as she jumped over me to get to the loo, collapsing after she came out, flight attendant allowed her to sit in jump seat for quick re-entry. She was in competition with the man opposite me who must have gone into the jax 15 times, the last two occasions clutching his stomach during descent and having to beg to get past everyone into it.

Rhodes Airport a model of efficiency.

Review a few posts up but coincidentally a lot of talk about Jaxes on da show and a discussion on the subject of people with medical conditions requiring access to public toilet facilities. Obviously a serious subject but it got a little ridiculous, a lot of talk of poo, Joe of course handling the topic with the delicately with a sledge hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

You'd enrich your life more by sitting at the end of the breakwater and dangle your feet in the sea.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Yes, cawlur, veeeeery well observed, my plane FID have de fancy double wingtips. De crew were extremely pleasant to everyone and didn’t try and stop the musical chairs bit, and we’re very cooperative with the people suffering gastric troubles, particularly that guy opposite me who required visits to the back literally every few minutes. The minute the flaps were retracted the FA was down and said “you can go now”.

Your explanation accounts for the kerfuffle over the seat swapping going on particularly mid-cabin. And indeed the colouring inside was slightly different to usual Ryanair in that the lockers had acquired a new yellow strip.

But I’m still wondering where all that gastric trouble came from, the only food poisoning that acts that quickly is Staph Aureus, which is commonly found in mayonnaise. You are sick within an hour or two of taking it, but completely better about 8-12 hours later.

Dee forbes won't be pleased. She'd hoped Revenue would take over collection of the License fee. Despite RTE getting a whopping €200 a year in funding she's been complaining for years about under funding and yet over sees and clearly signs of on outrageous Salaries to a small cohort off Talentless fools knowing full well other outlets would only pay a fraction of what these contractors are on.

If it wasn't so outrageous it would be funny, but not even worthy of a live line Funny Friday sketch.

It's just beggar's belief not a single politician is calling out what is going on. I was forced to listen to Tubs yesterday and my lord 40 minutes (allowing for news and RTE self promotional adverts) of self indulgent rambling nonsense, it's extraordinary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

i'm surprised Joe didnt ask her to blow her horn. he's knows nothing about trucks or tractors anyways,.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"Loop DEEEE Loop"s again

Shadden from yesterday and access to de jax.

Death. Bowel Cancer.

"we'll be talking abour WHOY peeple aren't talking abour it"

• Advertisement

Advertisement