Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they have no one to replace him with I think. All the options are too 'serious'. Maybe it is something that is needed, to have a professional host. I'd have no interest as it's for when things go wrong I listen for.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was driving and listened to the wimmin’s soccer section. Joe displayed his incredible ignorance once again, but didn’t let that ignorance stop him from grotesque exaggeration, ridiculous plamásing, fake laughter and stupid puns (Denice de niece being the highlight).

First Irish National Team? It wasn’t even a pub team, it was a toilet cleaner manufacturing plant team. Even if his logic held the later caller from Dundalk’s mudder’s team predated the team the whole segment was dedicated to. You’d swear they won “de Wurldid Cup” the way Joe was talking about them. Even by Lahv Lahn standards today’s show was an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

The Jeyes Fluid Wimmins soccer jolly to Fwance will indeed be added to the Lahvlahn hall of shame.

• Advertisement

Could have been wurse Cawlur, the team could have been sponsored by BIG Mickey, so to speak 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 82,776 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A van with Big Mickey plastered all over it parked outside a neighbours house some months back, I wasn't sure what in the jaysus type of company it was, I then see a fancy looking mattress coming out of it which made it even funnier 😁. They should give the option for plain unmarked vans to deliver the goods so to speak.

Joe's new best friend, Bailey getting lots of attention on Da Twitter thingy, I wonder is dat the mysteriously quite Daddy

🤣🤣🤣 how long was the van parked outside Cawlur

It's a real business, mind of like Lino Ritchie 🤣🤣

There's more on little Rambo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Listening back now.

This first segment is AMAZING. Every single thing Joe says, the caller shoots him down. 😂 Every suggestion!!

Caller knows exactly what she wants and no nonsense. Respect to them for their football team at a time when there wasn't many options open. Ever MORE respect for them not asking for nonsense like retrospective caps or plaques, just happy to remember their trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭avfc1874

When one of the football woman, said will i tell you a funny story?

as always on liveline when someone says do you want to hear a funny story, They're never funny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Do de rte do any research at all?? An embarrassment to journalism. Ffs

Did you say Journalism Cawlur 😳 😁

I get a sense Duffy went on a solo run on this , he's getting mauled on Twitter, never saw such a reaction, he stayed clear of it today , Dee Forbes must have had words 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

More to this lad than meets the eye, for sure. Seems to have been obsessed with soldiering since at least transition year.

Still hard to figure out for certain if it was all bullcrap yesterday or if some/ all his story had roots in reality.

On the show for a good hour, very gung ho and excitable even about his story - ok, he's young..

But, no specifics - no names, places, dates. All colour: best of his group on the simulator, singing the wild rover, shells overhead, food great at the front etc. A seasoned, hardened pro soldier could do an hour with Joe maybe and not reveal much, but an excitable and gung ho young lad to be so vague. Hmm.

When suggested he might be given a medal, very quick to say no. False modesty or afraid of any actual investigation into his claims needed for a medal?

All sort of plausible, but ............

Robert Mizzell ducked for cover today , he was included in some of Twitter backlash, I'm sure he called in the last time this or the other character was on , I remember commenting on him at the time , I've honestly no idea what Duffy was thinking and I'm convinced he went on a solo run but even at that you'd have to wonder, was there not a single person on the production team concerned, just extraordinary, but telling not a whimper today but mentioned on the promo, at that stage RTE knew there was a backlash and concerns , they were also criticised directly over this individual being featured on the 6 1 news .

The strangest stories one comes across on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭Tow

They must still have Xtra Vision in Twitter Land.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Poor wee woke Duffoon, too thick to notice the writing on the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭Jeff2

No wonder he was in his bedroom and mum was downstairs the first time they phoned in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,611 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

It is a date that lives in infamy in Kilkenny, no doubt.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Playback giving Ireland's leading military historian, Bailey Patchell more airtime

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

Heard dat, just beyond extraordinary, actually shocking, I'd forgotten Bailey Stallone blamed a medical issue for his departure (dismissal) during basic training with the Irish defence forces and that somehow this mysterious medical issue was resolved later on.

I'm surprised he didn't do a course in Swiss Cheese manufacturing 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Was another odd thing as well, at some stage he claimed his soldier buddies out in Ukraine were listening to the show and sending him supporting messages or something like that. Joe was quick enough to pick up on that and asked him how they'd do that and he muttered something about Starlink. Sounded implausible at any rate.

I'm intrigued as to what's going on in RTE, was surprised to hear it played again on Playback this morning. Either RTE are in denial, not terriblly bothered or just ignoring the criticism, I don't know, all equally troubling.

I saw an article on Gun ownership in Ireland this morning, can't recall what paper, I think there are 10k in Ireland and of course all ligitimate and used for a range of activities etc, I understand and rightly so it's strictly regulated but I got thinking for a moment, is it possible this Walter Mitty character has a current Gun Licence 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

Did he not say something near the end of the conversation about failing to get into the officers training programme when Joe asked why he hadn't re applied to join the Irish army?

Honestly I missed that if he did say it but there was so many holes in this chaps story, it's frankly hard to believe, let alone comprehend a single utterance from his mouth.

Regardless he continues to be very, very coy about what exactly happened during his fleeting moments in the Irish Defence forces, it's doubtful he'd be reconsidered for any position or course within the service & all we know is he's training or was training to be a Psycotherapist, albeit I suspect he's dropped out of that as well, "hopefully",

instead focusing on his latest action man set.

Also he mentioned he was in the 1st Battalion now a battalion is a very large unit of people between 300 and 1000. I could be wrong but I thought that was a bit odd.

My knowledge of the Irish defence forces and its make up etc very limited to be honest 😉

• Advertisement

Sorry he was referring to the Ukrainian army at the time.

Advertisement