Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Well we can’t say today’s topic wasn’t a hot one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭archfi

Joe's joesplaining to listeners that he's not to blame for Malachy hanging up!

Christ Almighty :)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭squonk

Kind of have a problem with the “Sure didn’t the Irish go all over the world so we should let in anyone who rocks up’” argument. We weren’t exactly welcomed with open arms ourselves in places. No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish springs to mind. Any country has the right to enforce whatever entry requirements it sees fit. Hate that argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Didn't Ellie lie on her asylum application and nearly split the Social Democrats when they put her forward in the local elections?

Bring that up Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Whatever, made my day to see that 247 vote bell whiff get the loafer up the sump hole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Why do all the do-gooders insist that the people arriving here seeking protection don't want a house eventually. If all the Nigerians here (with vexatious asylum claims) went home how many houses would be freed up. Nothing against, them they wont go back anyway!! Simply using as one example.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭Cartman78

"Different class" as Jimmy Magee would have said if he was still alive and commentating on radio shows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Joe bullying the caller called Malachy who was one of the organisers of the protest.

God forbid smartarse Joe would let the listeners hear what Malachy had to say and let us decide.

I hope he gets reprimanded and has to write out:

'I must not bully the Liveline callers, they're tv licence payers and contribute indirectly-I might add- to my vast wealth sotospeak' 100 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

This time last year in the wake of the murder of Aisling Murphy, we had days of Liveline with women telling stories about being in fear to walk the streets in case a person of the opposite sex happened to be walking on the same road. Nevermind that the murder that prompted the call wasn't the case of a random attack on a woman out exercising.

Now Joe and his posse are calling on Ireland to let every Tom, Dick and Harry walk the streets no matter if the culture where they came from is one that treats women like second class citizens. Fellas are hanging around streets shouting at, antagonising, groping (and worse) young women on a night out cos they have rarely seen a woman in a dress or skirt before.

A year ago RTE, The Irish Times, Indo et al and our do-gooder politicians were pointing the finger at Irish males. This year it seems that the examples I have cited above are no longer being called out, all for fear of the media or politicians being branded racist.

Steenson's a great addition to any Joe show.

Both wind each other up (Steenson always gets the upper hand but then so do 100% of adversarials to Joe) with Joe thumping his desk and Steenson's high pitched angry voice after about 5 seconds :)

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

IMO it's always safe to ignore what the spewer forther of that garbage says. It's usually the braindead current 'correct' speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Straight back to Malawi when she got the Asylum sorted

Thanks for that, didn’t know who the lad was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Yeah, the fact that the Irish were treated badly certainly means that we should now treat immigrants/refugees/foreigners badly. Stands to reason.

Only a clown like Joe Duffy could make a clown like Malachy Steenson seem like a victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I only caught the first 15 minutes - heard a chap called Achmed from Sudan saying the reason he rocked up here was for his 'dignity'.

Did Joe or any caller enquire further and figure out exactly why Achmed thinks he has a justifiable claim? What did he mean by dignity? He muttered something about not going into detail.

IMHO unless his life is in imminent danger in Sudan, for his own dignity he should be put on the next plane or boat that direction and let him sort out his own country.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Will have to listen back - Malachy sounds like a man of de people :) (de real people).

Breener, now who in RTE other than the Dufficer would take on Steenson like the Dufficer did.

Not a big fan of Duffy but nobody in RTE would tear Steenson a new one like Duffy.

Give me names……..🤩

Not sure that I would be wholly in agreement, Brenner.

I think that, had Steenson been allowed to speak, he would have torn himself a bigger one the Big Guy ever could.

Duffy just sounded like a petulant toddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Joe is such a bad debater, and bullys and shouts down anyone who doesn't agree with him, most of the caller's ,who disagree with him are probably not used to talking on the radio and so get flustered when bully boy Duffy shouts them down,

Any normal person knows that if you have to keep shouting over people to try and win an argument,then you have lost, But for Duffy he thinks if he shouts over people and then goes to a break then he has won, anyone who has called him out on his bias, has been ignorently told anyone can ring in ,I don't have any control over the callers,🤔

• Advertisement

I get your knife Breener, you could be perfectly right, as you usually are.

But just between ourselves who out in Montrose could do a better job than Duffy in presenting a vibrant

program, which no matter what you think ,is an entertaining output.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It may occasionally be entertaining, but it is never intentionally so.

Duffy is good because he is so bad. Many people could present a more informative, relevant and caller-driven program, but it certainly wouldn't be half as entertaining as a show presented by the Ballyer Bruiser.

Excellent response Breener, one has to, what’s the current buzzwords ‘dig deep’ into the parameters of the program to understand what the objective is.

If you cut to the chase what you want is kind of the ‘shock jock’ effect where the normal kind of mores are put aside.

Duffy has the background to bring this kind of stuff off.

My question would be who else in Montrose could generate such figures given the ethos of the show.

Paid way too much, but that’s another story…

Not sure if there's anyone there now, Bren, who could make it both informative and entertaining. The late Derek Davis did, but no one since, in my opinion.

Duffy is definitely paid far too much.

It’s a question of what category of listener it’s aimed at I think, Breener.

I feel it’s a bit like a ‘troll’ on here, a dude who tries to stir up a thread with a kind of views which rile folk up.

Cue in a shït shower of punters with opposite views , throw a bit of ‘petherel ‘ on the fire and away we go.

Duffy has all the attributes to carry that off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Joe showed his weakness as a debater when ye one was talking about the lack of housing and how things have never been as bad, instead of putting his counter point across, he starts raising his voice saying the 1920's, the 1920s were a lot worse, how can anyone have a debate with a highly paid spoofer, when that's the level of his debate.

On a side note my late father in law, went to school in the 40's where most kids had no shoes, He was walking home one day with one shoe on his foot when someone said to him, ah Jim did you lose a shoe , no he said,I found one 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

So, from what I gather from the thread having not heard the show……

Joe made some snide comments about Malachy without naming him throughout the show. Malachy calls in and Joe supposedly offers him a tight of reply, but Instead shouts all over him as he was talking so Malachy hangs up. Then Joe proceeds to say he gave him the right to reply.

Is that about it?

He’ll get a complaint over that but as usual chicken out of reading the subsequent apology. He really is an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That Paul guy - some mouthpiece. Parroting all the politically correct phrases and not an original thought to be had.

Of course duffy loved him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ellie kissyambe - ffs it gets worse

Advertisement