Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

she obviously wants paying for being his home help on foreign soil

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Fair dues to the department for doing their job. This man has left the state and the EU. And it sounds like it's a permanent move.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,330 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

This is the usual half a story.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• I bet you’re paying a whack for medical care in USA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭squonk

What is the man’s status in the US? Sounds like he’s on thin ice. You’d imagine he’s there illegally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

is it John O’Donovan she’s whipped off to the States??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

This woman has water on the brain - water on the walls and water charges. If he comes back, he'll get the pension and other benefits.

Well then she can't have it both ways ffs

• So he’s an American citizen

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ah now here

only getting half the story as usual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭squonk

Sounds kind he’s getting a pension there anyway. She wants it both ways evidently. Sounds like a fairly simple rule here which she broke by taking him out of the state so she didn’t do her research and it’s the states problem, not hers. Lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Not long for Christy now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

There's a will involved in that story somewhere I'd hazard, and maybe someone isn't best pleased.. If Joe was any good he'd have asked that woman had she any brothers or sisters and waited for her reaction, land, money, inheritance its as old as the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Yer man looking for the PP should come home, buy a wee house locally, (I wouldn’t think property prices there are at D4 levels), and live in it, get a job, send the kids to school here. Don’t mind if it’s detached, semi-detached, terraced, down a lane or on top of a hill, the wife will have to suck it up. Once he can show he’s established here and is not going back to the states, he can apply for his permission and will have a vastly better chance of getting it.

But not from San Francisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Darcy starts with another button fart !

If he's genuine he could refit the old farmhouse.

Bloke I know did that with his old family farmhouse, all on his todd, too.

The place was like a palace by the time he'd finished, yet outside it wasn't too much different from the original.

Valued at close to a million just prior to the crash.

I'd wager the SF exile's wife would live in such a place, quite happily.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,368 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I'd be 99% certain the woman was an American. Not an Irish woman with an American accent. She used expressions that an Irish person would not use.

Was it said whether the father was actually a yank or not (perhaps with an Irish passport ... or else an emigrant who returned to retire or something like that)

As regards the planning permission fella, such applications are public documents and available on the council website. The current one and the previous 3 (one of which was withdrawn). I had a quick look as I was interested in the story. Only takes about 2 mins to find.

• Seems she was born in USA, and has resided there most of/all her life. The father may be Irish and likely returned to his homeland & maybe the old family homestead after being widowed or divorced. Daughter likely had visited Ireland in family holidays during her life, but rooted in America. There’s no way he’s entitled to his Irish payment once he’s no longer resident, as someone pointed out, she wants to be paid for by the Irish state for looking after him. It’s likely he has American citizenship. Regarding the rolling powercuts she must be confusing Ireland with South Africa 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Seems she was born in USA, and has resided there most of/all her life. The father may be Irish and likely returned to his homeland & maybe the old family homestead after being widowed or divorced. Daughter likely had visited Ireland in family holidays during her life, but rooted in America. There’s no way he’s entitled to his Irish payment once he’s no longer resident, as someone pointed out, she wants to be paid for by the Irish state for looking after him. It’s likely he has American citizenship. Regarding the rolling powercuts she must be confusing Ireland with South Africa 🙄

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Paterson Jerins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Given the news from Chez Dignam overnight I'd imagine we could be in for a Christy/Aslan love-in for a few days/weeks/months.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,368 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

She used phrases such as "primary care physician" which no Irish person (I mean one who was brought up here) would use to another Irish person. That is why I would put money on her being yank-born of Irish heritage rather than someone who went over on a J1 and picked up the accent.

And then there are two pensions. One is a contributory pension which you can receive regardless of where you live. The non-contributory is means-assessed but you have to live in Ireland to receive it. If the father is not qualified for the former, then it would be because he did not make enough contributions.

• JOE

Apartment owner gets €7500 service charge bill, others won’t complain as they are council tenants.

OCD man from yesterday

Victim of coercive control, assailant got suspended sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today on de Liveline with Joe

The housing crisis. One lad is living in an apartment and got a service charge bill for €7,500 and basically doesn't want to pay it.

The lad from yesterday who licked his finger after pressing the button at a pedestrian crossing.

Missed the last topic but was something about a woman who had things done to her by a bad bad man. Joe couldn't "retale what he did before lunch". No doubt he'll "retale" it after lunch from 1.45

• With lack of information, and obvious missing chunks, we have no option but to speculate. it’s a discussion forum.

• With an unrealistic “we hope Christy will be with us for years to come”

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe manages to stick his nose in to an end-of-life situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What colour was the Jeep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,594 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Joe sad voiiiice set to maximum

Advertisement