Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I'll not be shamed into atein' Irish butter :-)

Glenstal is my guilty pleasure but I bake with supermarket own brand butters and use it in my scrambled eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭furiousox

So today we learned that Joe has a heart of gold, and a knob of butter.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

I made the mistake of venturing outside this form to comment on matters related to a current political controversy.

My goodness people can be nasty. I shall not be posting outside this forum again. Staying within the manor

More pertinently, was Joe doing a promotion today? I only caught tidbits, but plans to catch up on all I missed this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,324 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The head of a chicken and the spine of a skunk.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I was really hoping for this scenario to unfold yesterday:

CALLER: "Joe, Joe, I love your show Joe. You always cover the most important topics Joe".

JOE: "It's not me cawlur it's the cawlurs who call mumble mumble mumble. What's your point cawlur? Talk to Joe".

CALLER: "Well Joe, I was in Japan recently Joe, in 1976 Joe, and I had the most fabulous, wonderful, beautiful dairy spread I've ever tasted Joe. It was amazing Joe".

JOE: "WOW!!! What was the name of this fabulus, wunnerful, buerreful dairy spread cawlur? Is it Irish? Is it Kerrygold?".

CALLER: "Joe, no Joe. Joe it was a Japanese spread Joe. It was lovely Joe. It's called Butter Suki Joe. You should try it Joe".

JOE: (while googling on his eye pad) "WOW!! WOW!!! Butter Suki Butter Suki. How much does it cost cawlur? What colo..........".

(radio silence)

JOE: "BAD LINE, BAD LINE!!!".

(ad break).

• Advertisement

• I’m sure he’s visited at least one over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 15,133 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

On twodaze show

Hatchet job on Kerrygold/Ornua

"Over de weekend, dey apparently came up short with a delivery of a pallet of Kerrygold. De "caller" said it was owed for services provided recently. Ree-new-meh-ration so to speak....So give us a call on 0818715815 or leave your WhatsApp messages on 0871843709 and we'll play them before three o clock.

Personally, I've always found Kerrygold overrated and doesn't work as well as better brands on me parsnips, so we'll look forward to callers and their messages about how bad dis product is in an hour and for de rest of de week"

• JOE

Two suburbs in Doobalin fed up with de name dey’ve got.

The CAHMS service not dealing with anorexic case.

A wedding ring found with “his queen” written on it.

Ballymun and Cherryer knackbags ringing in to defend der respective kips. Yes please !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Was listening to Louise for the first time today and forgot about fathead popping in to absolutely spoil the mood. I've avoided him since his atrocious Christmas wind down. They should've dropped Joe's interruptions when Ronan left. Bumbling idiot (Joe, not Ronan).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I'd love if was two fellas who had lost the ring, Joe could practice his hillarity with an overload of ring punns for Friday, in his campest voice,

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• How do you know Garda was binary?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,324 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Was it his scrolling finger, Joe?

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

If de shoe fits etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

What's a news machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭leath_dub

No mention of RTE, Joe?

• That’s Ballymun

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Gulliver's Retail Park in Ballymun?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Yep it was the papers that gave Ballymun the bad name...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Have we got an Autobahn in Dublin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

ah de aul salt of de earth doobaliners, have a bowl of de coddle Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It’s no coincidence this story was published naming Ballymun after the last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Was the guy who did it from Ballymun?

• I googled it to get me facts right.

”Well done cawlur, well done”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

I did Google it Joe…well done well done well done

Always loved going out to de Ballymun flats in me skewlboy football days.

Changing rooms were under the building so you had to run de gauntlet so to speak when running out and running back because de natives were fcuking all manner of things from the penthouses.

Ah, memories.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Deeec

Does the location really matter Mrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭Tow

Ballymun were Bono claims to be from, with his father a working man in de post office.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement