Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• “Dear pewer youzer,

I did hear yew went thru a terribul pestilence, sorrow, death an dat. May de mudder of God wrap you in her arms and may de sluice gates of Ardnacrusha open forth and deliver a river of love into your heart. You and yer bewriful bhouy are a credit to youse, and may Allah remove de dark terribul cloak of death from yer doorstep. De terribul things dat did happened are a reminder dat every day we are one step closer to death. I do hope me letter of condolence does butter yer parsnips.

yours in pestilence, Joe”

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Darcy bringing his personal life into work like Joe, instead of doing his research at home, asking the listeners on advice for paint for his wardrobes,

I'd say millionaire Ray is tighter than the coats of paint he'll be putting on the wardrobe

• Registered Users Posts: 82,237 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Listened back to the guy who got in to the false Ohh Burr, did he try any antiques shops in the area to get his EyePhone TenOr back? It might help future callers if he did the womans accent.

In olden times a man about town three sheets to the wind would only have to worry about being taken to the cleaners by women of negotiable affection, it's now a lot more serious out there.

Post edited by Atlantic Dawn on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Tow

A friend got her kitchen presses repainted by a crowd in Wicklow during the summer. It cost around 3k. For 3k she could have bought new Ikea kitchen presses! Ray on de big RTE salary should spread the license fee back to the listeners :-)

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• I’d love to know where that lad who was doing for re roide had written the bank app passcode. Probably had it in Notes app with:

AIB Code 409164

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well, how bad was it so to speak?

Young lad from UCD taken for a ride by young wan in de Uber and lost his phone/money.

Saintly French lad having his wicked way with de young ladies of de Catholic Church. Resulting in 900 French page report. Joe all excited, wanting ex young ladies to ring in and talk about their experiences.

Send invoice for 2,500 to auntie Dee for today's show.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

The first story sounds like it had potential but no doubt Joe made a balls of it so to speak.

The second - meh. Were they of legal age? If so, I'm sorry but there's no story here so to speak.

De fees might be closer to €3,000 per show now wit de cost a livin' and dat so to speak.

I assume he didn't get de ride either....de lad from UCD, not Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

She gave him a kick up the arse (seriously) to get him out of the car.

• Advertisement

• JOSEPH

Creeslough disaster, families of 4 victims don’t want program TG4 broadcast whilst investigation is still ongoing.

John Fanny Ay disgraced, as yesterday, in preyer mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Joe:

More about the documentary on TG4 about the Creeslough disaster. More families have asked for it not to be aired.

In an effort to maintain his boner from yesterday, Joe will be returning to the durty Padre who was not a Padre who did prey (not pray) on young girls so to speak.

It fizzled out a bit when it became clear the Saintly lad was not a priest or married. The Madamoiselles were in their early 20s. As Mr Hook would say personal responsibility and keeping de legs shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Were any of the documentaries on 9/11 postponed until after the completion of the investigation by the US Authorities.

If we were to wait until the Garda investigation has been completed before the documentary aired, we could be waiting a long, long time.

Advert on the radio just now:

"If you are deaf blind, or care for someone who is, call 01-..... or wisit our website at www.blah.com. "

If a person is deaf blind, how will they hear the ad? And how will they visit the website?

• A Donegal act-or for a Donegal message

• Registered Users Posts: 39,304 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe reminds me of a blackbird picking over the moss in the yard looking for creepy-crawlies.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Voice over with a Donegal accent.

How much extra did that cost RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,077 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Show of "actors" reading letters is it ?

• Advertisement

• Or a vulture over a graveyard looking for any remaining flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

To be fair it sounds like some tabloid eyebait that Virgin or Channel 5 would put on. Wouldn't think TG4 would lower themselves to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,077 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

"Unending and infinite"

Laying it on with a trowel, the sickening clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭cozar

It will be on Netflix before the year is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭Deeec

Joe I dont think the families talking to you about this topic is helping them either. The families need to combine and speak to TG4 directly themselves.

Hold on a second.

Liveline discussing the matter with the victims families = acceptable

TG4 discussing the matter with locals who helped on the day = a disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭Deeec

Yep I had the same thoughts as you - Joe happy to make a programme out of these peoples grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Too soon for a tv documentary but not too soon for the Duffy freak to have a rummage in the rubble, so to speak.

• Advertisement

TG4 aren't daft enough to come on, Joe, so don't go throwing shade on them for that.

Advertisement