Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

God Ray must be in early today the sound levels are all over the place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hodges

So will there be apologies on the show today about the snow or lack thereof?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Ooohhh....dat memorial bench story is promising

Whoy do grieving parents feel de need to decide what goes where ?

Move it or lose it

Louise being cheeky playing “Dancing With Myself”…..a song about masturbation and dat. Or more likely she thinks it’s about dancing on your own.

POSSIBLY on twodaze show:

Landlords - even The Irish Times have deserted them. Landlords are evil apparently. One landlord is waiting to get unpaying tenants evicted for 2 years. I’ve experience of this myself. I might call in.

Memorial bench for a dead chiseler. Move it or we’ll move it sez de council.

“I’ll be kilt if I don’t find the quilt” - stolen quilt (I’m serious). Leave it into a presbytery dja hear me?

OR - as usual - and most likely - whatever takes Joe’s fancy at 1:44:59 so to speak, dja follow me?

• Advertisement

• Wrong thread

• Healthcare is in chaos in this country, both public & private. In Blackrock ED, absolutely crowded out, couldn’t get a seat for a while and I’m here as my legs and arms are giving way. They said there’s no beds available so if something that needs overnight is found I have to transfer to public hospital and go through process all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

Cawler, don't you know that de rate of people dieing (💀) is 20% higher than de norm. So of course de hospitals are creaking at de seams more than normal.

But we are not allowed to talk of this. It is back to normal, with adverts on the radio telling oldies to go out and about.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Arm muscles nearly gone, can hardly hold eye fone to ear, cawlur.

• Advertisement

• There’s presently 25 people in a tiny ED, we are on top of each other, very unwell people on chairs that they are lucky to get. Standing room only for others, and there’s a line of people coming through. Reason I chose here is that neurologist I’ve seen a couple of times before has a clinic here.

Cawlur, this is not what de Blackrock Clinic advertise on de Wireless.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Just heard someone being turned away on the phone: “we don’t do neurology and we don’t do ENT”. I’ve both issues, will be sent on my way very soon. The private service is even wurser than the public. The only difference is you don’t have to sit among de unwell so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,424 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

You should have asked him how's the leg and told him it would get more painful when the temperature reaches -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Great little country, isn't it ?

Are they still only open 9-5 Monday - Friday or have they extended de hours now so to speak?

Could be worser Cawlur. I brought de wife to de VHI clinic in Dundrum (now closed), they did not do dat stuff... Sent us to Vincent's, spend the worse night of me life in de A n E. The chairs kill de back and the Whackers causing trouble....

• A doctor is presently giving results to a girl sat close to me, I can hear everything. We are literally on top of each other.

Edit - doctor kissed the girl, turns out he is her husband also working in another dept nearby!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,571 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hope you are seen soon so to speak.

I don't know how people manage 5-10 hour stints waiting to be seen with pretty much no update as to when they are likely to be.

Do people order in pizza/coddle during their wait or are they just horsing in to what is available in the hospital shop and vending machines to buy? Dial A Can could be an option to those accompanying the unwell.

• Advertisement

Just the vending machines Cawlur. If you left you could be called and get missed.

There is no (public way) from Vincent's Emergency into the main hospital, you would have to walk around outside.

• It’s perishing here too, private hospitals are always much colder than public ones, which can sometimes but not always be a good thing.

Did Aran not have planning permission for de Bench?

Does de Bertie still do bench openings?

A bench in a graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,571 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Don't mention de T wurd when it comes to rules in graveyards.

"I was looking at photographs this morning of ____ cemetery"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭bigroad

Death,.........

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I heard he's still available for the opening of envelopes.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

No matter what is on the liveline agenda for the day, a graveyard story always gets to the top of the queue

Advertisement