Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

Good woman this psychotherapist.

She's dead right.

Why do you want to isolate your kids. They are independent people not an extension of the parent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Sliver of potential gold

Todays program and thebarrage of negative comments on here are too much for me today. I'm out of here.

Laters.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,571 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is she giving someone a tug or is that her indicators?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Caller doesn’t know how to respond. Why is that I wonder ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The entire country was lying around it its pyjamas for two years, while the home-schoolers were getting on with things, is that it?

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

Stephanie is kinda right and this cawlur cannot defend herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’m not listening (just thread watching). Will Joe mention the time a few years ago he had a couple of de Burkes on talking about their homeschooling and how as a result, they were “independent critical thinkers”? He was full of praise for them that day so to speak, they were “brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, wunderful, fantastic” etc. etc.

Will he mention this? Will he fûck.

• Some over-confident people think they are in more demand than they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭touts

The homeschooler parent left involuntary mute by facts and science.

She can't actually deal with an expert pointing out the gaping holes in her twitter researched arguments. All she can do is play the "patronising and offensive" card.

• Advertisement

Knacker parents breed knacker kids

Who knew ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Because heino reaches the parts other beers don't. These people need all the help they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,020 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

What if you have to have the discipline to work 1.25 hours a day, 5 days a week, 30 weeks a year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Offended alert! Offended alert!

Be alert the country needs lerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

get onto the important issues please, the air fryers !! I have 10 times more interest in air fryers than these mammies who can't let go of their children

Yes I do.

I know families here as well who are homeschooling.

I assume you homeschool as you are so defensive.

I have never for ten seconds considered it. Why coddle your kids and shield them from the world.

M

I knew some kids growing up who didn't have a tv in the house until the last of them hit 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

Why was she out of school for 4 years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭touts

"I know she has all her qualifications on psychotherapist but she needs to educate herself"

Says the wan who learned most of what she knows about education off the twitter echochamber of Covid consipracy nut jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

She took her out of school because she read well!! seriously!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Defensive?? Proactive you mean - I dislike seeing individuals & minorities battered and abused on line. Don't you?

That was why I tuned in. I have zero interest in home schooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

There’s more to this than meets the eye caller so to speak. I’m not 100% sure what’s going on, and I’m making enquirers as we speak, so to speak.

This was in yesterday’s Business Post:

Tubs has an “interesting” relationship with McCourt. Watch this space so to speak.

Let's hope he has his pension sorted out, because I doubt there's another plum job waiting in the wings for him.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

There is definitely more to this story. "It felt like the right time to leave", "I felt in my gut I should leave", doesn't wash with me. Maybe he jumpted before he was pushed?

• Eleanor Eleanor Eleanor

I think you need to grow up and learn how to debate in a mature manner.

Perhaps you were homeschooled yourself!

There was a homeschooling family round my estate when growing up.....2 kids IIRC

Frankly dey were a bit weird. Kids never seemed to be outside playing afterwards with kids der own age. Last I heard, one of them was brown bread and de other was mixed up in de drugs at some point.

Now....... I certainly wouldn't highlight this as a typical outcome for homeschooling, but some of dese are presenting their efforts as all roses with none of de thorns, not too mention de reaction to de other wan pointing out some of de potential problems. That in itself means they shouldn't be presented as typical of homeschooling.

Perhaps a more 'normal' education format might have benefitted de kids I remember, perhaps not. Just no way to know. Far too many factors make up de person, but one thing if for certain, homeschooling is always going to be in de minority.

M

My school was like being in the Marines compared to how easy the youth of today have it, we would have uniform inspection at 9am on the dot.

• Advertisement

Cawler, kindly don't call what Joe does a profession.

Unless you liken it to the oldest profession.

Advertisement