Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭leath_dub

PBH the past two days has been a significant upgrade on the regular part-time host and some if his recent output. The nutter ratio significantly up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭Tow

The nutter level is certainly up. No end of yanks calling long distance into de caller driven show.

PBH missed a few tricks with Mick. Not a word mentioned about de dog and think of all the misery and death he could have talked about during his time when 'called up' to the army, fighting for freedom.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

When the moon is Waxing Gibbous it's "danger here" as George Hamilton might say, that's what brings the likes of O Donavan and the rest of the crew out, full moon Thursday... I see it here in town myself, guys from the hinterland you don't see for the rest of the month hit the town for the day drinkin when the moon is approaching full

• Haven’t listened back to anything, just get a look at the thread as I nod off. As for the filthy children’s bukes, I used to dedicate a shelf to “Life Challenges” where bukes would be kept on issues like bereavement, “Dad’s in Prison”, “I have asthma” and so on. I likely would have established a top shelf near desk, titled “In preparation for relationships”. These bukes would be tagged for online searches/shelf location. There could always be a trolley kept behind desk with this category of buke that could be wheeled out on request by a parent/carer, so to speak. There’s wYs libraries can manage this stuff discreetly. We managed to be very discreet about guiding people with literacy issues. Librarians handle this kind of stuff all the time, part of the job remit.

• We used to keep an eye on lunar cycles when working with the public, as the vexatious people used to arrive likes buses, in bundles. However we doubted it was directly to do with the moon, but it was notable that we could predict with great precision the boss’ me streak cycle and had it mapped on the calendar when to expect her to be in an extra foul mood. But also females working together somehow manage to synchronise cycles, so it meant all girls being ultra touchy on the same days, this meant the men could get touchy in response, so everyone was ready to spark off all together. Of course the boss had the upper hand and had a divine dispensation to be just as she liked. So being a monthly cycle of mood changes, it could well coincide and be attributed to lunar phases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Period Syncing: Real Phenomenon or Popular Myth?

Are dese d' bukes PBH was defending the other day? (or has Ewan been misinformed?)

Sister Yolanda did not reach us dat in de 70s. Just the sins of using de pill and dat, which I learned later caused uproar amongst de parents and school.

'Dads in Prison' reminds me of story from a neighbor who used to teach in a deprived area of Dublin. The chisler all upset in class, cus de Garda put de dad in to da Joy. But had no concerns about what de da did to da ma to get there.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ewan mckenna , a name i had not seen thankfully in a very very long time. he is doing his best to still be somewhat relevant I see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Joe will be delighted about this. So many deaths they need an extension.

https://www.shannonside.ie/news/planning-permission-granted-to-expand-longford-graveyard-221662

• Advertisement

• I’ve absented myself from periods quite a while now, though the HRT regimen of estrogen and progesterone for two weeks every month does induce a cycle, and could lead me into “period poverty”, so to speak. The menstrual cup is an economical solution, but my hands are short and xxx is longer than a GP’s speculum can reach for cervical viewing, so to speak. Not a practical option for me.

• As my mother caught herself saying, when in her twenties in her office, “people are dying now who never died before”.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

We've no idea. De only person who read dem seems to have been one of de wans protesting.

Rest of de show was full of mentlers who couldn't be bothered reading dem but were stuck, as usual, on der goto side of things like dis. Then there's de host, who while also not bothering to have read dem clearly was coming down on de wokey side of having 12yr olds picking up books talking about anal-fisting and what-not.

Yet he was trying to prevent one mentler from reading out said anal-fisting and what-not at 2:45pm on national radio. Bit of a contradiction dere. But I suppose de vast swathes of under-12s listening to de Lahvlahn everyday need to be protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭avfc1874

As Joe would say them people that died are 100% dead 🤔

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

I missed most of the promo, but his lordship said some thing about transporting forage differently around the country ?? how the feck does he suggest that happens, the pompous moron

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Like others have said........the volumetric increase of nutters in de last couple of shows has been most welcome with de caveat dat it'd be funnier if de part-time fella was in.

But then of course, we'd have a show about some poxy handcarving found in some bleedin bog...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Ah, hello. Have you got Boy Fisting by JB Hartley?"

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

More like a suit for da court.

They just had a promo - for Liveline - about 20 seconds before Liveline flippin' started

• Advertisement

Joe getting a new suit? It's either a job interview or he's due in court.

Joe 'buying' a new suit ? hahahaha

'best tailored man' hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭Deeec

What the hell is this about

Coddle can cause the auld waistline to expand as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

When it comes to traffic infringements and carrying crazy loads de farming community seem to get a free pass

Not a lot of potential in this topic

Who is de lad on de line, sounds like a fellow RTE Head?

For sure, a Big Bale will crush a car.

Too many 14 year olds banging around the back roads on huge tractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Needs a new suit every six months. Coddle lover

• Advertisement

What was de music being played ?

Advertisement