Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

Eddie probably died waiting for Joe to stop hero worshipping Nesbitt and Fitzpatrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,583 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i was there as a very young lad as it took off. the good captain had the time of his life around mallow for nearly 6 weeks. plenty around the town in their late 30's with a mexican tinge

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

This is the incredible power Joe has. At any moment a Hollywood actor will call in and Joe do be able to converse.

Nesbitt is an A-lister and he just casually calls in on the best show in the world. This is the power of Joe I tell you. I tell you all how powerful he is and you laugh. I'd say he has a billion listeners, easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Tow

The young lad is 59 and watches Airwolf everyday. Joe do you remember a young lad called Stringfellow Hawke, found of the old bottle he was.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hodges

Joe would only be interested in Eddie again if he actually died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭notwhoyouthink

Now Paul McGrath....

Is anyone in Ireland not listening

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Black Pearl love-in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Is this real life?

Paulie ???

??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Funny Friday would be an upgrade on this sh1te

Who is next up, Marty Whelan?

• Advertisement

i'm sort of listening for 30 minutes, and have no idea what this is all about ? I missed the promo, was this shite in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Im not sure Id describe any haircut I have ever gotten as "wonderful".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Nesbitt was in Seville last night at a football match, was just about to tee off on the golf course but happened to tune into Liveline at 1.45. WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Ah fcuk I've too much respect for Paul McGrath, to listen to Joe's guff and arse lickin.

I'm out, have a good weekend everyone, stay off rte

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

He was very blessed to grow up in this country.

According to RTE we a country of right wing racists so Joe better check Paul on that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭leath_dub

RTE (especially Tubs, Joe and D'Arcy) have Christy Dignam on death watch. Sick, sick ouppies

a whole show devoted to wishing an 89 year old barber a happy birthday which gives Joe an opportunity to talk to a few of his heroes.

Arsenal mascot talk

Top hitting "journalism" here

No. There was no warning for this mess of tedious claptrap.

that arsenal thing was taken out of context, from a minute clip. of course Duffy the moron chiming in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I met Nesbitt last Friday! He was in the Crown bar in Belfast and I was in town.

He’s a big football fan, Coleraine FC, and Larne had just won the Irish league. I asked him if he was out celebrating Larne’s win and he told me, jokingly, to F—- off.

The whole pub wanted a handshake, a selfie, a chat, and he gave time to everyone who approached him.

You could see though that he loved going into a packed bar and everyone worshipping him.

Ah yeah....I know dat song

??????

I was hoping not to hear him sing it.

Eddie dropped

'Celebs' have dried up

Id just like to take this time to thank Joe for giving me an urgent reasn to go and clean the kitchen. Because there is no way I can sit here listening to a minute longer of this guff.

have a good weekend all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭golondrinas

paul mcgrath wondering why the players wouldnt appreciate the fans who paid their wages. The irony of the man who turned up either pissed or hung over to many a match. BTW i like mcgrath as a person and he was indeed a great player of his day.

I'm waiting for Joe's description of the area with his superior knowledge of all things Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 82,629 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A street named after a theatre, wow, just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Christ I just turned on to this shite

He asked that wagon yesterday everything about her wedding in Thailand but knocked that barber short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Months after his obituary on Liveline Jimmy Carter is still aloive. WHOY?

Advertisement