Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Michael Kealy: "I’m not going to win any popularity contests for saying this, but RTÉ has been chronically underfunded I think, in my opinion, for decades..."

How about spending your funding more wisely?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

From de Guards wan on de news it sounds as though its been a complete clusterfcuk. DPP as well.

Let's just everyone take a breath, calm down and resolve the situation by backing down, apologising to de guard in question and going out to wherever dese scum are buried and torching their graves.

• One for Joe, a personal story. Today I’ve been granted a disabled driver’s parking permit as I now meet the strict criteria owing to MS, yet the great irony is the first appointment offered to see a consultant neurologist is in a private hospital on 9th November, fee €400. This is in spite of my GP marking the referral URGENT as he wants me to get possible treatment that might slow down progression. There just aren’t sufficient neurologists in Ireland and I may have to go to the out of pocket expense of going abroad for more timely treatment.

Anywan know of a phone number I could ring?

Colluum

You do realise that football songs (FA Cup, WCs etc) are long gone ?

I know you've been corrupted by de GA heads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Tow

Now we know why Butters was at de barbers, watching de Dub vs de Bus entertainment. Only a few meters from de Mater Private too.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

so a woman calls in to complain about no hype for the women's football campaign to the World Cup. When asked if she has been to see the women play..no, she hasn't. She's not a big sports fan she admits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Expunge

Someone please get the Jeyes Fluid Wimmins fu'ball team of 50 years ago on now!!!!

• Why not just adapt Olé Olé for de wimmens and give it airplay, RTE, over to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

She doesn’t go to matches and isn’t a big sports fan…but she decides to ring in anyway🙈🙈🙈

'The interest is there, the interest is there'

Sez de wan who hasn't bothered watching them up to now, but is suddenly a big fan when deres a WC trip to be had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,502 ✭✭✭touts

Woman who admits she has never bothered with the team before now is SHOCKED that she can't get tickets onto the bandwagon.

Wagon is the word in every sense.

Can feel de venom as spits out 'male sports'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Typical liveline listener, never had an interest in women's football, never been to a game, can get tickets, But on to give out about men,

If they can't sell out tallaght so how da fcuk does she expect them to sell out the Aviva,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

Joe must be off on a Jolly again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭calculator

I reckon the atmosphere in a full Tallaght stadium would be far better than an empty Aviva. I'm not a sportperson myself though...

"I'm NOT making this a gender issue. Don't say that"

After a ten minute rant about gender issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Don't the players not prefer tallaght to the aviva

this male caller would want to thread carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭archfi

Another very important national issue - 'half the taxpayers of the country's issues aren't being looked after' -<< that's cawlur #1 over no (so far) jingle for the women's soccer team...

JFC.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

People are looking for parity in respect of coverage of women's and men's sport.

The women's rugby team lost all of their recent 6 nations games, all of which were on TV I think. Plenty of coverage of it on radio.

Was there any bit of criticism for the display of the team. For individual performances? Not in anything I read or heard. Imagine if the mens team did similar, heads would be on the block.

• Advertisement

Hahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The women's 6 Nations was heavily promoted. Much more than any men's LOI game on RTE.

she's been thwarted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

https://www.the42.ie/katie-mccabe-5-5743346-Apr2022/

"We're all part of Vera's arrrmeee

She allegedly shamed us about our weight!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Silly woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭archfi

'I'm being thwarted trying to see the women's team'

I mean, everytime I open the RTE sports pages I'm bombarded with women's soccer (and not even labelled as that so I click by mishtake)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

He is handing this wan her arse on a plate.

"Who did Ireland beat to qualify"

"When did you last attend a ladies football match".

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Charge the same price for tickets as the men's game and see how many turn up to watch.

• Advertisement

This lad will get the chop shortly

Advertisement