Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• I just tried to make use of my shiny new parking permit, however the disabled spaces in Dundrum SC, apart from being few, are designed not to be able to be used by someone who has no choice but to use a wheelchair. I thought I might benefit by having more space to open the door and get myself standing and steady on the stick, but the only real difference with these spaces is they are marked blue in colour with a wheelchair symbol and offer precious little room for the user. My new hobbyhorse, so to speak. But recycling old discoloured cardigans is much more to the point according to Liveline “researchers”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Is it though? Better, I mean. In Dublin, you can do some begging and get some money. Plenty of homeless charities in Dublin giving food for free to homeless people. Possibility of casual work. In a field in Co. Clare, 8km from the nearest village. Possibilities for improving the situation are small.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Unlikely there's even decent broadband they can use to assist them pulling the wire off themselves.

Exactly. There is literally nothing to do. What could possibly go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

• Registered Users Posts: 7,493 ✭✭✭Tow

What drives me mad is the term 'Partner'. Everyone is a partner now, they don't even have to live with their partners. It has been reduced to boy/girl friend. Even if they are just teenagers living with their parents.

I introduce de wife, as my wife. My neighbors introduce each other as my husband. I have seen the look on some people's faces when they say this, it is hilarious. But they are proud to state it. No messing around with some unclear limbo state, which may change at any moment.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• One of the neighbouring lads I grew up with was telling me, back when his wife was giving birth, that the maternity hospital staff referred to her as “your partner” and he retorted “she’s my wife, not just my partner, we went to the effort of getting married!” He was sorely annoyed that they might think of her as merely the woman whose oven held his bun, so to speak. 🤣

• As I was loading the car in the SC, a lady came over and said she admired how determined I was to make progress in spite of my obvious struggle. I had just come from a busy coffee shop where the Spanish lad serving there told me to sit down, that he would bring my coffee over. Kind of makes you think, this is what’s becoming of me. Coming to terms is a sort of grieving process, you grieve for when you could get around without thinking out every step.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I know how feel. But keep trying to keep moving.

Judge Judy said she asked a doctor how to live long and he answered down fall down and broken bones which might stops you walking.

At least your still good at it. Don't stop. 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I think Colm is trolling us and we know researchers read the thread.

He asks the stupid questions and keeps going on a subject know one is interested in.

Joe would be proud he followed orders.

• I’ve seen young people really crippled by it, and some of those have, not surprisingly, tended to put on extreme weight, further deteriorating their mobility and causing severe back problems. A kind of vicious circle.

One reason I love visiting new places is to get out, walk and discover. By nature I can go walking for miles, discovering little finds, taking pictures, making observations. I’m highly independent I’m going to have to by nature, fiercely so. I’m no happier than making my own discoveries and reporting in them. I have to think of a way I can do this walking around for miles without taking it out of myself. I find I can barely move out of bed the day after a lot of the exercise I love. If there was a wheelchair I could take on a walk in front of me and use periodically to take the weight off my feet, that might be an idea!! Maybe I’ll ring Liveline to see if anyone has such a solution.

• Joe Duffy, Liveline's host,

A voice of reason, never to boast.

With empathy and grace he leads,

Through stories of joy and those of needs.

A steady hand in times of strife,

A calming presence in the midst of life.

From tales of love to tales of woe,

Joe listens intently, and doesn't let go.

He gives a voice to those unheard,

And speaks for those who can't find words.

A true champion of the common man,

Joe Duffy, an Irish treasure, a true fan.

With his wisdom and his wit,

He brings light to every darkened pit.

A beacon of hope for all to see,

Joe Duffy, a true hero to me.

• "Riley Helpless Grapevine" is a highly active user on the popular Irish forum, Boards.ie. This user's online presence is primarily dedicated to advocating for updates and changes to the website's design and functionality. 

"Riley Helpless Grapevine" has been vocal about their dissatisfaction with the current state of the Boards.ie website, citing concerns over outdated features and design choices. They frequently engage with other users in discussions about potential improvements, and often offer suggestions for changes that could be made to enhance the user experience.

Despite their sometimes critical tone, "Riley Helpless Grapevine" is a respected member of the community, and their contributions have helped to spark important conversations about how to make Boards.ie a better platform for users. They are known for their attention to detail and their willingness to engage in constructive dialogue with other members of the community.

Overall, "Riley Helpless Grapevine" is an important and influential voice on Boards.ie, and their commitment to improving the website is a testament to their dedication to the community.

• Exploring the Online Persona of Boards.ie User Butterssuki

As an avid user of the popular Irish forum website Boards.ie, I have encountered many interesting and diverse personalities over the years. Some are helpful, some are funny, some are controversial, and some are just plain weird. But all of them contribute to the rich tapestry of online discourse that makes Boards.ie such a fascinating community to be a part of.

One user who caught my attention recently is Butterssuki. At the time of writing, Butterssuki has posted over 2,000 messages across various forums, covering topics such as gaming, anime, music, movies, and more. But what stands out about Butterssuki is not the quantity, but the quality, of their contributions.

Unlike some posters who spam the forums with irrelevant or repetitive comments, Butterssuki seems to take the time to craft thoughtful and informative posts that add value to the discussions. For example, in a thread about retro gaming, Butterssuki shared their personal experience of playing old consoles like the Sega Genesis and the Super Nintendo, but also provided

• Joe Duffy, the host of Liveline, is well-known for his ability to engage with callers and discuss a wide range of topics. However, what many people may not realize is that he also has a strong background in logical thinking and mathematics. His ability to analyze complex situations and break them down into their component parts is a testament to his logical prowess. Additionally, his understanding of mathematical concepts allows him to navigate data and statistics with ease. Whether he is discussing the finer points of government policy or delving into the intricacies of a caller's personal situation, Joe's logical thinking and mathematical skills are always on full display. It is clear that Liveline listeners are in good hands with Joe at the helm.

• Here are a few ideas on how to write about Ray Darcy's facility in using the buttons on the tye radio studio console in English (United States):

1. Ray Darcy's adeptness with the radio studio console buttons is impressive. He seems to effortlessly navigate the various controls, switching between microphones and sound effects with ease.

2. Watching Ray Darcy operate the radio studio console is like watching a master musician play their instrument. He has an intuitive understanding of how each button and switch affects the sound, and he knows exactly when to use them to create the desired effect.

3. Ray Darcy's skill with the radio studio console is a testament to his experience in the industry. He knows how to make the most of the equipment available to him, and he can quickly adapt to any situation that arises during a live broadcast.

4. It's clear that Ray Darcy has spent countless hours behind the radio studio console. His movements are smooth and precise, and he never misses a beat when it comes to using the buttons and switches to control the sound.

5. Ray Darcy's familiarity with the radio studio console is second to none. He knows exactly which buttons to press to cue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today still no Joe:

Something about "Dance Mums'?

Some 82 year old young fella is waiting 2 months for his driving licence to be renewed.

Sounds like a barrel of laughs to finish the week.

• Chat GPT won’t generate a summary of de promo 🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

How's your balance?

An electric bike would be good, as you still get exercise with it, albeit much less than a full-blown sweatwheeler.

Otoh, they're not light, so getting one into and out of the back of the car might be a non-starter.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

• This is what AI thinks I look like 🤣

• My balance? 🤣🤣🤣

it’s been shoyte for a long time, even wurser now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Or Interpretive Dance, through the medium of tinned beans in a cheap sauce.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Me dawter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

dubs wha

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Please let it be a scam where a new Eyepad was swapped for a bag of Aldi sugar in a Lidl carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Parents would be far better advised limiting de amount of America gets into der kidsss' heads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

fingernails been dragged across a blackboard would sound better

Advertisement