Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

With Joe's knowledge of sport it would probably be

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I listened to the first approx 35mins today before I gave up - just as the first member of the public got through to Joe and Padraig.

It was like listening to two pub bore auld lads putting the world to tights with their “wisdom”; except both happen to be multimillionaires. Joe was in prime lick arse giddy mode, laughing uncontrollably at times at things that weren’t remotely funny, and then tying himself up in knots trying to keep up with a subject matter he knows fock all about. The plamásing was off the charts.

A highlight was Joe saying “pardon the pun” after he did not actually pass a pun - a real Duffy special. A few casual “so to speak”s thrown in for good measure too, as well as him pretending to know what “Klasha Klans” was. It was utter scutter so to speak.

From reading the thread it appears there was gold later? Should I listen back to the rest of it?

Post edited by ButtersSuki on

• Registered Users Posts: 82,741 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A woman comes on in the last 20 minutes or so talking about de mudder and baby homes, worth it for that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Might not

Same could be said of the DUP/UDA, Labour/OIRA, Fine Gael/UVF, Conservative/British army - which Joe and others ignore

Joe says it because he is an establishment Uncle Tom, fairly thick, backward and obsessed with money and status

Hopefully, the Shinners will do the taxpayer a favour and cut obscene salaries from the public purse for tax evading contractors who give questionable medical, historical and political insights

He pretty much said that they can get extra money from the wealth fund now, PGA millionaire golfers are hypocrites, the LIV crowd were just honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

When did Fine Gael say that UVF atrocities were justified?

• Cawlurs I came across a Lexus SUV parked on one of two disabled spaces, woman on phone inside, I tapped on her window, showed her my status and advised her she was taking up a disabled space without a permit. Mortified she was, apologised and moved on. Parking space actually very badly marked as I said to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hodges

Whatever happened to him; he seemed to have went into hiding after after his big Amadeus song?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Tow

Morto, lucky she did not turn into a Karren. Hitting de Gin department at de Temple of Shopping again?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,741 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Had to laugh at the supposed 'intercepted call' on the RTE News today from the destroyed dam in Ukraine that is supposed to be 2 Russians talking about destroying it, the quality of the line is clearer than any call to Liveline this week.

• Advertisement

• No, different location, cawlur, no exploration of the alcohol dept🤣

I’m on a small mission to improve things for people with disabilities, just as I’ve also done in my tiny ways. The difference now is I can as a person with a visible disability have a tad more clout in that people respond with a bit of embarrassment. Most people don’t do things like this deliberately, but though an absence of awareness. I’m at a stage where I’m still on my feet and can do this, once you are in a wheelchair it be aimed much more challenging. I always leave spaces for people who need them more than I do, but eg at Lidl Nutgrive there’s a good few available disabled spaces so I take one of these as I can’t get out of car very easily when parked close to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,515 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

• Air Transat got seriously lucky to have this long runway of avail when they ran out those years ago.

Are you free to perform on FunnyFryday next week?

After checking to see if they have a pass i always politely ask the driver in said circumstances “are you aware that you mistakenly parked in the disabled bays?” Or some such wording. About 80% are embarrassed enough to move, but the other 20% will happily tell you to “f_ _ _ off and mind your own business” invariably accompanied with words such as “prick” “w@nker” etc. The split amongst the sexes in this cohort is 50:50 too, de wimin do be just as entitled as de men and dat. And it’s not just whackers either!

If you park a car in a disabled bay sans badge in the USA you’ll be lucky not to have your car keyed so to speak. Almost zero tolerance for it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Making a nice few bucks as a golf commentator on US tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,237 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Post edited by zell12 on

They say handicapped. Makes me giggle like a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,589 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

I read in yesterday's Irish Times that the Westin hotel is to be rebranded The College Green Hotel. This is because the former owner John Fane, 6th Earl of Westmoreland was a defender of slavery. That is fair enough in my book. But my gripe is this: The title of the article was (drumroll)

Denaming doesn't mean OUR worst excesses are in the past.

So who precisely is this journalist speaking to? Northern Ireland Unionists? This 6th Earl character of Westmoreland, was he a Gaelgoir with a hurley and sliotar or was he more likely Anglo-Irish which is to say the opposite of Irish? Is Westmoreland in Ireland or could it be somewhere else, like England for example. And if he was born here, does that make him Irish or just technically Irish?

These worst excesses should be and are condemned by the REAL Irish, not because they are "OURS" but because they were done onto us and not just in the form of regular slavery. The so called Public Works during the famine was real genocide. Working starving people to death in horrific conditions.

The journalist argues against "denaming" which doesn't surprise me as she seems to think We are Those people.

Post edited by realitykeeper on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Tow

Does Joe care cawlur?

Or is article just like de one on RTE now. De Corpo have a 20m bill as they had 180 employees on PRSI Class A rather than D. Well RTE Mr Cunningham, de rates for D are far less than A. So if anything, de Corpo are owned PRSI back. Getting anything more than 4 years back will require political interference...

The real issue is with de pensions!

Dublin City Council facing multi-million euro PRSI bill

Updated / Sunday, 11 Jun 2023 12:43

It is believed that as many as 180 employees were attributed to Class A when they should have been on Class D

By Paul Cunningham

Dublin City Council is facing a multi-million euro bill after a group of its employees were mistakenly designated to the wrong class of PRSI, RTÉ News understands.

It is believed that as many as 180 employees were attributed to Class A when they should have been on Class D.

The variance between the two classes is believed to be in the region of €20m.

Post edited by Tow on

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I tink you will find Joseph de common man of de peeple will steer well clear of matters taxation and revenue so to speak for fear of shining a light on unwanted areas and dat…….but too close to de bone caller.

Dis is more up Joe’s street and dat:

If she comes on he can introduce her as being “formerly of did parish so to speak” and den ask

”Liz Bonnin, I have to ask, have you ever been to Liz Bonn so to speak?” and then collapse into a fit of giggles.

How dare you! Don’t you know dat ONLY the IRA did bad tings in Nordren Ireland! No Loyalist paramilitary has ever done a bad ting, and no unionist politician has ever said anything inflammatory or sectarian!

At least that’s what you’d think if you only watched or listened to RTÉ. My wife is a unionist prod from NI, she is constantly astonished and bemused at how RTÉ cover the north - she said “even the BBC weren’t this bad during the troubles”. No, I didn’t buy her Joe’s buke before anyone asks…..🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

So, about the Berkeley Library controversy, does any real Irish person i.e. any non-WestBrit, think that naming a Library after some English guy who might have been born here, is Irish history? I mean is that us? It certainly isn`t me and it is the opposite to what being Irish is, has been and ever will be.

So renaming the Berkeley Library and anything else that is called after a WestBrit can only be a good thing. Slavery was a shameful practice.

I’d imagine at least 30% of the street names in every city in Ireland will have to change then. Not that I’m opposed to removing traces of the British Empire’s legacy from our shores or anything, but can only imagine the cost and the suggested replacements (Bertie Ahern Boulevard, Joe Duffy Avenue etc.)…..🙄

• Bring yer aul gin in your school bag to swig during lessons

• Dawson Street, Nassau Street (Orange origin)… among plenty others. Notably Trinity College definitely needs renaming:

1. What is the Legal name of the College?

The legal name of the College is 'the Provost, Fellows, Foundation Scholars and the other members of Board, of the College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin' and should be used on all legal documentation relating to the College.

2. Where does the name come from?

The original name of the College was contained in the Charter of Queen Elizabeth I in 1592 which established the College, and restated in the Charter of Charles I in 1637 and in the Supplemental Charter in 2022. The name was noted in Section 2(2) on the Chapter on the Body Corporate in the 2010 Consolidated Statutes of Trinity College and the University of Dublin as the title to be used 'where a function is performed in the name of the Body Corporate' (Trinity College).

Victoria Place, William Street, Williamsgate Street, William Street West, Queen Street, Mary Street, Threadneedle Road (named after London financiers providing meal for work during Famine), Whitehall... all in Galway. Also Queens College->UCG->NUIG->UG

• Advertisement

Liam Cosgrave and Garret Fitzgerald after the Dublin and Mongahan bombings

Regina Doherty on a radio debate some years back

FG have never unambiguously condemned a loyalist teorrist atrocity or murder

Advertisement