Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Joe is a conductor. He attracts loonies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭Tow

It is not unknown for de mast of de yacht to be hit, seen it myself in Australia years ago. Blew out de electronics.

Anyway, de builder of your place (were i think u r) being found of de odd yacht or two, and of da very large size with de high mast is well aware of de dangers from above.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Indeed it’s seriously well protected here, spikes over all de buildings an dat.

• I’m terrified of lightning but in faraday cage of aircraft much less so, especially with the engineering refinements & fallback mechanisms that a well trained crew should not be put out by.

One Russian crew was found wanting, to say the least, yet some time later the country’s late-to-career captain linked off a curb fiend landing upon goose intake to both engines a la Sully. There have been several heroic Russian pilots who have pulled off no injuries from total engine or control failures of extremely difficult to fly or glide (without any power) aircraft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Some media were saying Joe and Clare Byrne will cover tomorrow NK and RT show at the committee and pic but the second part is on at 3pm so they should be off air.

I got my food in to eat while I watch this.

Joe has no worry as he just signed two year contract for highest paid RTE contactor.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Kevin Bakhurst, "RTÉ is “100pc” willing to lose talent to save money."

Joe better look to his coddle.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He's not that dim. He was smart enough to refuse to "talk to Joe" but had no problem going on Drivetime and The Tonight Show.

Things like that prey on Duffy's mind for ages. You can guarantee there will be some smart comment made about the bould Patrick in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Thing about it, is that if we want a United Ireland, we'll have to accept that the 12th will be a holiday. Though we could go the German route and a holiday in some parts of the country whilst the other part is at work.

I would think that if there is a UI then the date that it happens will also be a holiday.

Duffy is an odd fish to debate NI politics. He has little real idea of how it works up there and his constant anti-SF bias is exactly what the debate doesn't need. Hopefully he'll be off the airwaves when the proper debate around a possible UI starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

don't think there is much appetite for a united Ireland. there is even less of a one to celebrate the 12th of July south of the border. Is there any other country that celebrates celebrates historic invasions ? Perhaps an oliver cromwell statue in every town he destroyed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Maybe Joe will put a few runes into his coddles to see the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I don't see it in the next 20 years, but you never know what will happen. Brexit changed the opinion of many. Hard to know where we'll be in 5 or 10 years.

• Great shenanigans in de Houses of de Iroktass

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Duffy better cover this GOLD from the houses of D'Iroktasss

Twis all RTEs doing.

NK is well spoken, there was the impression that he spoke Dublineeze.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Today

Poor Tubs being picked on by the Oireachtas committee. He'll have done 3 houts with PAC and then He'll be doing 3 hours with the Media committee. It will be the most work Tubs has done in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Was listening to Pat Kenny earlier, he basically said when he started to move up in RTE he was told to move over to being a contractor, rather than an employee , so as that they could get rid of you when they wanted. Maybe not the presenters choice all along. Not sure Tubs did a whole lot wrong other than get the best deal possible for himself. RTE not coming the best out of it anyway

Did he say who told him to become a contractor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭archfi

The actual live feed of the hearings is GOLD.

I'm afraid I'll have to leave Duffy's effort today for podcast later (after I listen to the hundreds of other podcasts dissecting this stuff at the Oireachtas)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

• He’ll give you a job as his Senior Counsel yet

• Registered Users Posts: 25,235 ✭✭✭✭zell12

So what will be on the show today? Norn Iron? JFK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

De bonfoires a dat in norderden oireland maybe some talks with de foire brigade cos Joe loves foire engines…. Nee Naw..New Naw…

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Will Joe talk about the poor victim Tubs?

Yes he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Joe will be lining up all the pro Tubs callers today

Balance? Don't be ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,235 ✭✭✭✭zell12

plug plug

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

I forsee…. Lots of Tubridy fans ringing in saying come back Ryan, you’ve been hard done by, you’re a good egg …🤮

• Both de telly and de radio are on. Don’t know which to turn up or down.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Marty's not daft, Renault have become shyte in recent years.

VW aren't much better though, and as for that shower of crap that Ford makes, they can shove it where the sun don't shine.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Deeec

Jaysis Renault is not to blame for this MRS

Advertisement