Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Today was great, I'll have to listen back again. I have it recorded.

I'd say there will be no staying over night in the hotel for funny Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,175 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Govt has set floor on room rent nationwide. €800pm to rent a room to a Ukrainian refugee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

My mate had one, paying 325 for it, while at the same time I was sharing with one couple(do not ever share with a couple!) and another guy, for only 375 extra. I really envied him his bedsit. Yes, it was small, but that just means less to clean, and it was just him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

This is this song Joe was semi-ranting about?

Each to their own and dat, so to speak, but this is banal.

• Re Cork letting scam I can’t post links from FB, but just look up “Cork, Ireland, rent a room etc..” there are several groups with the most dodgy looking postings imaginable and I think this girl might have posted there, too lazy to trawl through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

Joe should get Brian on The Meaning Of Life. An archbishop is soft going and a phone it in effort from all involved. Everyone just backslapping each other. Better having a shoe with a host tackling a troublesome and challenging guest or issue. You collect tgst easy money Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

"After Mr Warfield claimed the RTE star 'never heard' the song' before, Mr Duffy told him he's 'sick of hearing it' and it's 'brutal, old rubbish'."

Pretty disgraceful and unprofessional to set up a musician and bring him on air just to insult his music, 10,000 in Belfast did not think it was "brutal, old rubbish".

How many will Duffy get at the Titanic centre?

Hope RTÉ get plenty of complaints about Duffy's conduct and he is made apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

like masturbation, it's lonesome, but it's clean !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

Only 2 more years of these occasional Duffy eruptions left, at a cost of only 702,000 in "fees".

A bleedin' bargain.

• What will we do afterwards 🤷‍♀️ if we ourselves are still around. Say if the bid for de Áras fails? I’m imagining, if he has the health and stamina they might have him on two days a week in the role of Liveline host, when he’s not on frequent holidays, as he eases into retirement, with time to write more death bukes.

Who would be a good contender to replace Joe long term?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

• Registered Users Posts: 82,649 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say the steering wheel of the Jag got a few targeted thumps with his fists on the journey home.

Fair play to The Dufficer he horsed it into Warfield.

That auld crap went out of fashion in the 1970s.

Seems there’s still a few neantherthals about the place though.

They don’t seem to have gone away……yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Yeah, Warfield well capable of hanging himself if the Dufficer would just let him spout his sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

You can abhor the IRA's sectarian murder campaign without being a West Brit.

You can abhor the murderous behaviour of British troops without being a Provo sympathiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Just listened to it on the Player. I don't like the Wolfe Tones' schtick, but Duffy was totally unprofessional today, at his worst. Talking over Warfield, shouting him down when Warfield made a point that Duffy couldn't counteract. Snarling away about how bad the song is. Desperate stuff.

Then accusing Warfield of making money off the Troubles when Duffy himself made a fortune off of plagarising another book on the Troubles. Appaling stuff and you'd never hear a broadcaster on a state station behaving like that. it's gutter broadcasting of the type some inflammatory podcasts and minor radio stations in the US do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

I had a listen to the podcast on the way home, not sure if it was the sound production but there was something suspect about "Aileen"

While everyone else sounded like they were talking through a telephone line, she sounded as if she was sitting right beside Duffy in the studio.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Listen to this for about 10 seconds from about 11.25 on. Worth cutting it out and using it as a clip. Then Duffy will tell you he keeps his opinions to himself. Pure venom in that voice.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/clips/22286777/

Kev. That was epic radio today, good hard banging on all sides with very few holds barred.

Contrast that with uhmming and aaahing and the staccato delivery of Hannon in a set up like today!!

I know who I would prefer to listen to.

Could you imagine Hannon wading in like the Dufficer did today… never in a million years.

What it did or course was garner immense publicity for the Wolf Tones and you can bet they will milk it

to the limit….. and that’s fair enough from their point of view.

Anyone think it had a bit of a bang of ‘staged’ to it?

Uhmmmm…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

No matter which side of the argument you are on, he was an unprofessional pig ignorant disgrace today.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭steinbock123

I was driving today so couldn’t post until now. People ask me why I listen to Fatteen when I dislike him so much. I reply that I listen to him every day if I can because he’s SO bad, he’s good.

Well today, he was SOOOOOOOOOO BAD, and condescending, and pig ignorant, rude, impatient, overbearing , prejudiced and petty, and so so so unprofessional. If I did my job like that, I’d be sacked before close of business today.

But does Joe give a shite ? Does he f**k!! He’s Gay Byrnes’ anointed golden child, and obviously thinks (or knows) he is untouchable, or so it seems. He’s stealing €351,000 per annum and getting away with it.

Now I wouldn’t have much time for the Tones, Warfield, or “the ra”, but Joes approach was all wrong, he had his ammo lined up, and started firing the moment Warfield opened his mouth. Compare Joes attitude today to the day when the RTE/Tubs sh1t hit the fan. Joe was quiet spoken, patient, and never shouted at anyone, and let everyone say their piece without interruption, even though several people got on air to excoriate RTE, and all who sail in her (something that would normally set him off).

What a difference today.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

WarrayameanRawasdaqueenofegippet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

That really makes my blood boil as a rural parent looking to get basic room to rent for a child looking to study in Dublin. My local TDs are going to get an absolute lashing. The fookers or their canvassers better not come near here ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

INTELLIGENT, INTELLIGENT lyrics. With real venom in his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

50 punts a week for a bedsit in Rathmines in the 90’s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

I noticed that aswell, I believe he congratulated her for calling via WhatsApp at the start, could explain why it sounded clearer

Tíocfaidh Eileen mentioned that she lives beside the Gaelic Grounds, which has sold out for the Wolfe Tones concert next week, she may look forward to hearing her favourite song booming away

Bit of Séan South aswell I’d say

Be very interesting in the weeks after the leaving cert results,

(results are the 25th of this month!)

government must explain why they could not plan to house valid refugees validly

Didn’t think there were many Ra heads in the OO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Hope warfield writes a song for Joe.

Duffy the sticky.

Advertisement