Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

I’d say Joe will be giving a dig out to bridie and Mary who withdrew too much money yesterday and now can’t afford de few smokes and de food for de chislers after de doorty bank slapped a big overdraft fee on them. It’s a good thing RTE deem him to be remunerated commensurate with his abilities as a broadcaster so he has tge fiscal window to help de needy so to speak.

It’s a pity Jools Holland seems to have lost Imelda May’s number. She seems to be doing Doobalin plays now. He used to usually keep her in work.

• Today’s Liveline cawlurs

• “Joe, de masheen just gave me de munny, like it’s not me fault, wat cud I do to stop i’?”

Joe breathily flusters, grumbles and mumbles.

“Cawlur, eh well, de bank has to get back de munny (or der’ll be no munny to pay me), but yer roight, how do yew know how de masheen wurks, yer not a tech engineer an dat.. eh but de bank will have no munny left.. eh… back after deze”

• The RTE/Tubridy report coming out today too, it will be all action and plenty to be outraged about 😁🤣😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

it will be some mess when people ,who bought teles etc with the BOI free money, won't have money for the childers going back to school, or the first fill of oil for the heating coming up.

But they will have a big tele !! , every cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 25,177 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Joe will be seething that the Beeb got this

• Registered Users Posts: 25,177 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Drugs, Joe, falling from the sky, Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Perhaps a show where callers can name dose brootal songs deyve never listened to only to find out dey have.

Or ones with intelligent, INTELLIGENT lyrics....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Expunge

They could bring back the international hit TV format "The Lyrics Board" with Aonghus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

The state of our capital city 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Just listening to the Brian Warfield part. Joe gives out about companies only sending statements rather than putting forward a spokesperson. After yesterday I can see why.

Also unless there was another, I am not sure what role Martin O'Neill played in it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Every PR in Ireland worth their salt advises their clients to avoid Liveline with a barge pole if they need to make public statements. Talk to Dobbo or any of the Newstalk crowd, maybe a few of the local FM presenters, but unless you have a strong disposition or have are a friend of Joe, don't go near it.

• I’m sure the dealers are doing it somewhere.

• JOE

Bank of Oireland situation, “credit” card not wurking at petriddle station, people caught short so to speak

German stewdent from yesterday, accommodation fraud.

If you knock down somebody it’s always your fault. What if your dog is knocked down by a reckless driver, when said dog dies after a hefty medical bill to try and save them. Have you come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

that's the next logical step in the country, paying thousands for knocking down loose cats and dogs. When the brain trust includes McAntee , Donnelly and Eamon Ryan, sur whoy not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

You’d wonder do the Irish actors in these British made “Oirish” drama series feel a bit ashamed about the, shall we say, poetic licence the Brits attach, in order to make a quick buck.

For instance, that summary by the Daily Mail blurs the line between fiction and reality.

It is reminiscent of that Eastenders episode set in Dublin in the 90s

If you crash into a national treasure radio presenter with your car injuring his leg and keeping him off de airwaves for a while, is it an accident or a public service cawlur!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Now I know how Ryan Tubridy felt looking at his bank account and seeing more than should be in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Tow

Did Joe ever get de Compo for dat?

Like hitting de taxi, it is not just de cost of repairs but also loss of earnings, so to speak.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

• If Ryan went to an ATM and selected de button to “Display Balance” there wouldn’t be enough screen space for the figures and it would display ###############

• He sure did get compo, he sure did, it’s all documented.

Joe does like to make money after all.

De Warfield fella told us as much yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

I’d be more likely to pick up a gun and go postal listening to that keen the crow than the wolf tones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Out of interest, is it documented where the profits/proceeds of Joe “Childers” series went?

He told Warfield to look up where they went, but where did they go?

What's de dog's bleedin name ?

• Death again to commence

• Registered Users Posts: 82,648 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Who pays for the repairs to the car? Whoy is a dog off a lead in a public place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Tow

Joe, we all know it is the dog owners fault.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

• I love doggies, not gonna like listening to this

Advertisement