Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

With the woman that has 3 children with an alphabet soup of conditions!!!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They could have dares like walking in to a shop and buying a packet of crisps with cash and then eating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭shearforce

Club Slogan as coined by Stephen

"it's not me it's me OCD"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭shearforce

"de moosik"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Ya thanks for ya fcuking help Joe,

Ye are not a patronising cnut like most people tink, 😏😲

Fcuking mind yourself Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Gradual steps 😂, the person who would accomplish that could be appointed the group leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The old lady must be 3 foot tall if she went up 6 or 7 steps of the ladder to read the meter that's 10 foot up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I presume then all your bills are estimated. Do you submit the actual reading every time you get your bill ?

I did when I still had a dumb meter. The difference was often eye watering. The estimated bill seemed to be the last bill plus about 40% (just in case). Im certain my father however was not doing that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The fella Adrian who had no problem paying a 10k electricity bill but felt hard done by with his latest bill.

There was something seriously fishy about that story that Joe failed to dig into as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the old meters were handy for when you were growing weed and not growing weed. estimate lower when growing, and higher when not growing. have a reasonably regular bill , thus avoiding suspicion

• The thing about these diagnoses is that they likely have the same underlying pathology, just manifesting in slightly different ways, like as in MS. Saying one has this condition, the other has that, seems superfluous when they probably have the exact same virus, gene combination etc. Yes getting them the best educational life path is a good idea per individual, but psychiatry is starting to examine the pathology, cos that is where preventative measures can potentially be taken, and whatever medication is most appropriate to modify the underlying disease.

I’ve been reading a bit about schizophrenia and bipolar, believed to have more or less the same underlying pathology, but more hallucinations and greater ongoing loss of reality with schizophrenia at the top end of the spectrum.

One pathogen that’s been linked to Bipolar-Schizophrenia is Toxpplasma Gondii, acquired potentially from cats, and possibly passed on in utero, hence making the condition appear hereditary in some cases. Of course it is likely an autoimmune response underlies the developing pathology. Cats carrying it can be noted to have behavioural issues, even mice.

I’ve always believed a lot if mental illness is the behavioural manifestation of micro-‘more gross pathology.

The husband of a relative of mine was diagnosed with Bipolar, very nice chap, he got worse and worse, trying always to cooperate with treatment and got to be very find of the team looking after him. Then he started getting physically frail and shaky, turned out he had a brain disease that started causing seizures, died during one when he choked.

• My houseplant has expanded since this , so to speak

And der do be a pineapple on de balcony

• I’m a bit cruel re OCD club. In MS “ club” meself, every visit you hear someone has gotten bedridden or doyed. Bit like a slower version of a “cancer club”. If I ever get cancer I won’t be attending any meetings with others who have it, too depressing, one Death after de udder. Mostly though people are uplifting, even the “bad cases” who can barely move can be very witty.

When I was diagnosed with colitis I attended one meeting, and speakers kept having to interrupt speech and rush to the toilet, one speaker disappeared every 5 minutes. Others were very descriptive with their symptoms, and loads telling us they were heading for bags. I attended with my mother, I was about 31 at the time and not at all accepting of things. I ran out of the place and never attended another meeting. My mother agreed how depressing and unsavoury it all was.

I saw a TV documentary on Cataplexy and Narcolepsy. The Narcolepsy gang were filmed holding a mutual support meeting in a hotel near Heathrow Airport, they all fell asleep, heads on table.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• I’m going to hell.

You can’t not laugh, but to have any of these neuro symptoms is absolutely devastating for the sufferer. I’m all on for neuro research and promoting brain donation for this purpose. People with these conditions really could do with help.

I’ll still keep laughing, as it is hilarious. “Touch my penis, it’s nice”

• Re cleanliness, I remember my mother sending postcards to her sisters from the Isle of Man in praise of public toilets. She had taken me there after Inter Cert. Honest to God she made me nervous as a teenager at times. She described the toilets as being so clean you could lick your dinner up from the floor.

she took me to Croatia (then Yugoslavia) after my Leaving Cert. The woman hadn’t been abroad in years, never on a plane before. She was only in her fifties and still a bit flighty (but with a very sound centre). First thing, an old flame stating at the hotel, went into a bit of hiding. Then at a restaurant we met two North African guys plying us with tons of wine. I was 17, very unused to alcohol and kind of cautious about it. My mother, a normally very abstemious woman, felt the call of freedom and was chatting up these guys who made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I got her to part company, we boarded a bus and both fell flat trying to pay. Was glad to get back to hotel!

She was having an absolute ball, like a different human being, like as if she had graduated from life itself! Sometimes the most responsible people in the world just abandon responsibility, briefly, when given the escape. When I watch Best Marigold Hotel I’m reminded of this.

• Cawlurs, this is the hotel I’ve buked for Christmas, not joking, snakiest hotel in the world according to Guinness Buke of Records

Insane, and insanely beautiful. Been a bit of a self-dare on my bucket-list!

• Advertisement

• It’s nearly 2am, mousy came out from under my sofa just as I was going to bed. Some years ago I would have been able to cup him in my hands as I’ve done with other mice over the years. He’s a gorgeous little thing, but I don’t want him here, nor his friend, as he appears out of the blue. I wish I had the dexterity to capture him. I’m waiting up for him to reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Have you considered using what the Yanks call a "have a heart trap"?

You could then release him or her unharmed, cawlur!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Mice never come in ones. If he's there, he has company

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭squonk

Ad for Miriam’s show mentions she’s interviewing Tom Vaughan-Lawlor about his role in some film about Rose Dugdale. I’d imagine the Grest Man isn’t happy with that. Handbags at dawn around Montrose I’d say.

• There’s at least two of them. The living room in pungent with peppermint

• I have 3 of those traps set, the critters are too clever

• Anyone who wants juicy news pm me. I mean VERY juicy news. You will be gobsmacked but at the same time not really surprised. Re RTE sca. A lot can be explained, although no law broken per se.

Please don’t even hint at or speculate about it here in a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I could guess but won't!

• JOE

Passage Healthcare, Lucan Lodge. Looking for someone to come on air from the company.

Ashley with the alphabet soup chiselers’ diagnoses from yesterda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Joe not even bothered to pretend it's a caller driven show, just repeating the same ol shite,

He knows Kevin hasn't the balls to pull him up on, pet subjects

Advertisement