Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Plug for the funeral recordings.

Tell me, is there a small fee, perhaps?

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 82,536 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does any other civilised country in the world have ads on the radio telling people about consent?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ah here, "families would gather at the anniversary and rewatch the funeral."

F### right off! And off goes the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

As someone pointed out earlier why can’t we celebrate the Eurovision as we really do stand a fair chance with a talented performer and innovative songwriter all in one. That was the way to find we want harmless filler. People get sad thinking about funerals of loved ones, it’s ok now and again but to dwell relentlessly can really cause a low mood. Tubridy ran a few abjectly miserable LLSs in his time and one night I made the mistake of not switching it off and went to bed in a horrible state.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,382 ✭✭✭Tow

It would be a better and more interesting topic than this...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭squonk

I’m surprised there aren’t legal representatives going along with each party on a date these days having each party sign motions of consent as things progress so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭mountain

now describing a movie that has gone on general release over the weekend

They are absolutely hopeless

Kay Tee, did you pay full face value for the cinema ticket? You should be required to tell the audience.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

WTF is Linda on about??

M

I watched Clarksons Farm over the weekend, very enjoyable, I'd love arsing about in the machinery more than anything else.

• Advertisement

The best rural death series was C.U.Burn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.U._Burn

OK! Jesus if you’re not depressed or suicidal yet, that score will push you over the edge. Honestly, Fúck this. It’s seriously bad radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Goodnight Irene, Eric Clapton, Chase and Dave, and Albert Lee:

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭Deeec

The Irish do funerals well but I dont agree with people going to funerals of people they barely knew. This happens alot and its down to pure noseyness. Some people love looking in on someone elses grief and sadness.

Does RTE not have a film review program, or has it been cut to pay contractors?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭tintin67

There's a pencil museum in England. Pencil related stories and memories are always fascinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,184 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

This film has already been well plugged on other RTE shows. You'd have to wonder, wouldn't you?

I say this again. We have a genuinely credible shot at ending up in the top 10 at Eurovision this year. It’s equally as superfluous as this subject but way more fun. FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭avfc1874

So Katie watched a funeral film on bank holiday Monday, which got her juices flowing, so ala Joe she has a pet subject of morbid stuff and the film

This is beyond weird

Kevin has let us down

Did I hear someone say a while ago that it was filmed in Connemara?? De people of Mayo won't be too happy with this, partic after the weekend gone.

• Advertisement

Mr KayTee has a lot to answer for if she had nothing better to be doing on a lazy bank holiday Monday afternoon/evening than watching a movie about death.

Dunno… could be in for another tedious post mortem tomorrow! To keep with todays theme.

The 'song' ain't a song, been barely any air play that I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Joe level questions to run the clock down now.

Well done KT, well done.

To be fair it doesn’t work great as an off the airwaves song. It’s more a performance art piece.

True. Not forgetting the meal after the burial where everyone is invited - most people have the cop on not to go unless they are are close friend or relative but there are always a few chancers who go for the free meal and noone knows who the **** they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

the liveline endorsement.

It’s doomed.

This chat is not enticing me to watch this movie… it sounds a right borefest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

This is like white noise now!

• Advertisement
    M

Jaws V might work, it could be based off Salthill in Galway, soundtrack by Clannad.

Advertisement