Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

1595459555956595759585960»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

The problem with that idea is that modern AI systems are too accurate. Its quite hard to build an AI that gets things arseways 50% of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭squonk

Geez that’s only 2 years ago. I could see that happenjng to somebody for sure but you learn the lesson and thank your lucky stars the flute was turned in. I left an iPad on the bus once. It never happened again. I got it back thankfully, lesson learned. I just don’t see how someone walks around with 5 grand in cash and just puts it in their pocket. There are better ways of paying large sums. You certainly don’t just stock the envelope in your pocket. Is this lad 5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Oh ! didn't realise there was a bit of a shemozzle, anyway better not discuss someone else even though I liked her posts.

A good contributor… up there with Facekicker!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭Tow

Post edited by Tow on

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭steinbock123

I missed a couple of programmes - did anybody track down Mercedes 1766HI and claim the €5000?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82,981 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't think so, missed a few shows since.

Would be great if it was a false flag caller so to speak and the car was once owned by a member of The Wolfe Tones and featured on one of their album covers 😂.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

well he’s after getting a couple of thousand since big Joe got involved. It’s €5500 he’s looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Some radio show on fb critics ing Joe good stuff can't post link as I'm a ludidte

Glad the donations are slowing down. He only has a €1900 shortfall now. Surely he could bridge that if he’s so concerned about the future of the flute. Apparently it’s going on to someone in Ireland who’ll care for it once he’s finished with it. Surely they’re good for a bit in the pot you’d think. If I was a cynic, which I’m not, I’d be thinking this sounds like a ploy to get a discounted flute with others stumping up the majority of the wedge.

Anyone read this update on the go fund me…

”All going great with the fundraiser thanks a million to everyone involved your donations will go a long way to helping me raise the money for the flute that was taken away from me, thanks again.”

What an idiot. I’d say he’s used to people bailing him out after his stupidity scuppers him. That’s how it sounds from that update. Joe never asked but apparently the flute was going to a non playing collector. Surely there’s an auction on this? Has the collector given in? If the money wasn’t delivered yesterday when does it need to be paid? Are bids closed now? So many questions!

• Advertisement

Just a second. "your donations will go a long way to helping me raise the money for the flute that was taken away from me, thanks again". His story from today was that the money he took out to pay for the flute was taken, but no flute was taken.

That is very weird wording from the gofundme page.

I was suspicious from the start, but this makes it worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭cher nobyl

I was also suspicious, is there any chance the asking amount can be bumped up in the middle of fundraising. I thought it was definitely €5000 when i first opened the page, now its €5500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭mountain

does Duffy only get aroused for private nursing homes? Or will be cover this,

https://www.rte.ie/news/2024/0821/1465931-safeguarding-review/

DEATH: Nell McCafferty

Joe will either dedicate de show to her or hardly a word will be said…

RTE has entered Nordi Death Mode:

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

It’s kind of funny the way David Flute guy says at the end of his spiel that city Center pickpockets were to blame for his losing his money. Yeah pick pockets are bad but do you not think you’re just a little bit to be blamed yourself for carrying that kind of money in your packer in the first place. Also he can provide a crime number but he was pickpocketed allegedly so what’s the crime report exactly? I was pickpocketed somewhere around O’Connell St. As I was pickpocketed I can’t identify the perp.

To be fair this lad looks a bit too stupid for his own good so it’s probably true what he’s saying but no way should he have gotten on the air in the first place. If we have questions I’m sure researchers and a producer would have also and would vet him wrt his air time worthiness. Deep down I reckon Duffoon was the final arbiter of whether this guy got kn air, certainly by the arse licking Joe gave a fellow artiste at the end of the show. There’s a bad smell on this for me and my gut tells me something isn’t quite right. Like I said though this guy’s stupidity and lack of self awareness might actually mean it’s all true but it opens the she to the show being implicated in a fraud down the line. I’m just saying if I was a producer yesterday Dave wouldn’t have gotten on air

RIP Nell. She deserves a whole show devoted to her contribution to Irish society, but not Liveline. Marian Finucan Liveline, yes, Duffoon Liveline, absolutely not.

As a kid I loved the take offs of Nell by Fran Dempsey on a show Mike Murphy was doing. I don’t think it was the Live Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,139 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat Kenny has Conor Foughnan on talking about the RSA ad.

It is very visual so there is no point in me playing it says Pat. Absolutely not says Conor.

They must have been listening to Liveline yesterday.

They must have been listening to Liveline yesterday.

Or maybe Pat has, whats it called? Oh yeah, common sense. Something sadly lacking in Donnybrook between 1.45 and 3pm.

I hope Joe steers clear of Nell McCafferty’s death today. Listening to some of the contributions on Claire Byrne and doing a quick read on her and Nuala O’Faoilean, they paced the way for the easy wins today back when it was hard to get anything over the line. Mary Banotti was also mentioned as her marriage had broken down. This was all in 60s and early 70s Ireland where women’s rights, contraception, LGB issues and marriage breakdown were not even acknowledged.

It struck me during the same sex marriage referendum that it was pretty much an open goal. Once the goal was fully scored the proponents made a meal out of it. I agreed with the referendum but the reaction in its success was a bit OTT. It really highlights how great people like Nell were. There were no open goals. She had to fight for every yard and keep fighting. I never heard of her doing a lap of honour like the same sex referendum people. She just kept going. I’m delighted to remember her being in the picture of culture and politics growing up. I didn’t understand it all really at the time. I see it now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,566 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Mary Robinson will be telephoned to give her opinion. Slam down the phone Mary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭mountain

He will be conflicted about Nell, strong outspoken feminist,

But also,

A Republican and Nationalist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Kalimah

God I couldn't take to Nell McCafferty at all. I was sitting near her on a flight to London years ago. Nodded to her getting off - she glared at me!

I think Fluteman Dave is trolling now. Latest update…

“My fundraiser for the trouble I've gone through has been boosted enormously over the last few days due to publicity on the Joe Duffy show. I can't tell you enough how grateful I am for your generosity. Your donation will help me secure this left handed RudallRose flute that I've wanted for so long. Once I get it, I'll post videos for you to all hear me playing it. Thanks again so much.”

All the trouble he’s gone through. lol. The fund is up to just over €4000 now. Crazy!

Advertisement