Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• PROJECT JOEBOT 

Each morning de Liveline research staff have their work cut out for them as Joe feeds his protuberance on a briny brunch of coddle stew with Doobalin bay oysters hand-picked from de shores of Clontarf. 

I endeavour to make this task much less of a burden, by selling RTÉ an app whereby I will put into practice what I’ve learned of JavaScript an all dat palaver. Joe can then sit back and relax with his rich roast Indonesian coffee which lent its name to it, as he awaits his ultimate retirement when a higher form of intelligence takes command in the form of AI JOEBOT. 

It is proposed that an online form to be made available to callers as an alternative to making contact by de simplest email in de wurrld, whilst this website is likewise proposed to be open 24 hours a day once de RTÉ server isn’t powered down for de night to save on rising presenter-power bills. For those who prefer to contact by dial-up there is a parallel Liveline staff interface whereby social meeja bookmarks, rip notices etc  can be appended. 

In time, the entire Liveline studio and show can be totally automated. JOEBOT should be an entirely simple development as there’s not much intelligence to be synthesised and replicated. By default it will be a Higher Intelligence than the Joe in de flesh. A simple machine ad the original has few enough neuronal connections. 

First thing first I’m hereby in hot pursuit of ideas for a set of conditionals which would determine whether callers could/should get onto de show. 

First I need suggestions for a set of ELIMINATORS, past which no further questioning will be pursuant. 

Once past the hurdle of the eliminators, I then need conditionals which would set the POSITIVE criteria for getting on de show. There’d have to be at least one qualifier to enable caller to be added to the Callers database. 

At the end of the day Joe / researchers need to determine:

1. Does this caller basically qualify to get on de show as decided by Eliminators and at least one Positive criterion? That’s a Boolean Yes or No.
    2. If Yes, •should• they get on the show? The up-ticked applicants would then go onto a database with contact details and a set of tags that could be matched to the tagged content of any given show. 
    3. Joe sets the Agenda of each show, so that’s already laid out in stone. The Show database is daily populated by him with the requisite tags, eg Cancer, Death, Matress Mick, 1916, Fibregade, etc. 
    4. An automated search query is generated upon the addition of each new applicant and  callers are matched for de show, so to speak. Daily a query is run to update old callers in case they should be re-called, so to speak. 
    5. As de show runs Joe is prompted to ask de questions merely by the tags which pop up as he refreshes his his screen; tuples such as (Meeshell, Tallaght) and arrays such as (mother, cancer) updating eg to (mother, dead) could underpin de prompts. “So Meeshell from Tallaght is on line 1; Meeshell I believe your mother has cancer? Tell me, is she in a lot of pain?” “Oh wait a minute I have an update, is it true she doyed? How did it make you feel?” 
    6. The AI JOEBOT (to later replace Joe) model’s drive would be pre-loaded with stock responsive phrases, eg… IF DEAD, audio.log.Doobalinese (“safe in de arms of Mary”) ELSE audio.log.Doobalinese (“de heavier de burden de stronger de shoulders do be gettin”)

Voilà! we have the ultimate Liveline package, available for a modest fee of 10% of Joe’s salary to be negotiated via a certain Mr Kelly. 

Now, please, inspire me with suggestions for: 

A. De Conditionals dat would eliminate a caller.
    B. De Conditionals dat would progress a caller onto de Caller database.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

A. Bad line when its someone pointing out a fallacy in de discussion making the whole thing pointless
    B. Bad line when its an pal of de show

• That’s a secondary application to be developed later, cawlur and will be named: De Call Management App. I haven’t got dat far in my course yet. When JOEBOT is up and running I’ll update him with a patch which will automatically end calls upon intelligent counter-argument, but this is very advanced stuff out of my league atm. Defining the counter-arguments would take some thinking out, yet one could start simple by auto detection of the wurd BUT uttered by caller in a raised decibel. It would risk Joe-approved callers being cut off unintentionally and the studio might want its money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe mangles the cawlur's name, I've no doubt.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I thought the GAA were founded in Hayes Hotel in Thurles Joe.

Hate to burst your bubble-een

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Wouldn't like to be a tourist type who would stop Joe and ask for directions.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

scrotes, Joe, they were just scrotes.

Open for 2 years? So opened in November 2019? Horrible time to start a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Become part of a chain so to speak...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Animals, worst part is Gardai will do feck all, courts will do feck all.

• Advertisement

I thought all of Kelly Harringtons neighbours were lovely salt a de earth people.

Well that's what I was led to believe by RTE during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

pure scobeville down there

• Joe doesn’t speak English dat good either.

lol

community me hole

inner city scrotes

Looked up Denmark Street on Google Maps.

Yeah, that area has been dodgy for a long time.

I came across a similar story yesterday, relating to Walgreen's in the US.

Customer pilfering is becoming such an issue in some areas, Walgreen's are just closing stores.

• I wouldn’t open anything in Dublin City these days. Centre is an absolute kip.

M

I feel sorry for the fools investing in Clery's, they would be better to burn their money in Stephens Green some winters evening.

Joe:"All your stuff is plant-based"

Isn't tea and coffee already plant-based?

• Yeah, someone attempted to break into my car there way back in the 80s.

• Advertisement

I didn't get the logic of the name Joe.

M

That area has been a kip since the 80's and before.

i'd open a big prison on Island's eye - just ship the scum over - send over a boatload of food once a week

M

Get a bit of air...and a stanley knife to the face.

• Dublin 1 is somewhere I avoid at all costs. I love walking about, but I will get a taxi if I have to venture across that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

What colour are de walls in de coffee shop?

Its is such a kip, I've done the odd midnight dash to Temple Street with the smallies and its just so dodgy around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭DaTown

Its a Trap

So is the location of your premises

Advertisement