Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How does he do be sitting on the stove without sizzling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I have videos of him climbing into the flames caller. I nearly had to call the Fibre gade one night.

Before you ask, I don't know his name because he's not mine. He just appears when it's cold outside. I call him Donnie after Trump because he's ginger and thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's not only the cats hole that requires urgent cleaning Cawlur 😁

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• I always learn best when I “confuse” myself by learning two similar but different things at the same time. It forces my brain to overclock so to speak, and drives stuff in better. The slight confusion creates clarity, if that makes sense. It’s always the way I have learned stuff 😂 Tis like learning to land a helicopter, co-ordinating on 4 axes, when you get it you really do get it.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Got locked out of Boards for a while by this eternal loop message which I posted in feedback. It must have been scripted by Joe Duffy!

You can’t say dat

You can’t say dat

You can’t say dat

…….

• Advertisement

• Will this be on de Liveline tomorrow… except it’s to be self-published bukes an dat. Interesting bit of research he’s doing all the same.

I'm guessing this will be in this chaps Christmas sock so to speak 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Where did he get the gear to do the tests from?

• Presumably Mammy gave him de pocket money for a load of kitsch. Or local Gonzaga skewel as a homework science project, I’m thinking de latter - with agreement of parents. No doubt upcoming Young Scientists will feature any number of Covid projects.

I'm more curious as to where the parents got such a child Cawlur 😁

• Advertisement

• I would have been dat, chiseler, cawlur. I made many scientific experiments, including trying to cure my grandmother’s cancer with my chemistry set 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Whoy are the self published books put on when by their nature having to be posted out by the author means they will not arrive in time for Christmas and as such makes no sense to promote them as Christmas presents.

I suppose if you apply liveline logic to it it makes sense.

100 years old = Young

40 years old = Old

Insurance premiums = repaid at the end of the term if no claim made

Feral children attacking people in St Stephen's Green = medicL students from the RCSI

Parades that have been proven to have started in the U.S = invented by and ONLY take place in Ireland

Everyone should do what ever course their want in college regardless of availability or aptitude = makes perfect sense

Career criminals under 30 = should be let off as there's a chance they might turn it around

This list goes on

I'm just curious if established publishers think the wurk of these writers is Shyte, what is the obsession of Joe and these failed writers self publishing bukes that clearly few are interested in , so to speak .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭mountain

Joe is, in his own mind, a man of the people, the less fortunate,

I reckon he genuinely believes that the self published show, is compelling listening.

in reality however it’s an opportunity for people to promote books that are of interest to in many cases, very few people.

the very definition of “vanity publishing”

I wonder was this a self published buke Cawlurs

• This: I worked in the Music Library for 3 years. One small part of library work is creating timely displays to make stuff easily self-accessible to customers at the most relevant times or for doing sporadic promotions. The Music Library principally catered for serious musician types, very especially sheet music for instrument, choral and solo voice. <and yes sometimes people would come in and sing at us so that we might know the exact sheet music to get them>. But serious music people do stuff called practice and rehearsal, and like to look ahead a little bit if it is of academic interest.

I was tasked to maintain the displays, and in November I would retrieve Christmas carols, the Messiah etc, with appropriate recordings beside the sheet music to best serve the customer base. Unfortunately the manager had not a musical vibe in her body, so would not understand the concept of practice and rehearsal and the interest of musically academic people planning to attend the Messiah that they might like to peruse the sheet music as they book their tickets. She took down my display, saying to only put it up about 8th December when everybody is really into Christmas. Just didn’t understand her client base in any way and didn’t seek to either. 🙄 Two pay grades above me but would have been more suited to looking after a Mills & Boon library.

Some people just totally lack the ability of planning, ie setting about doing the right thing at the appropriate time. If Liveline are to help flog self-published books the apt time would actually perhaps be late October or early November, where people could discuss getting that niche buke on historic foyre hydrants for their neighbour Joe, and to then check if it is in stock and put in an order for it.

• Niche publications can be of great value to their limited market, if they are well-researched and written. By their definition PhD theses are niche publications, not that such will be featured on Liveline. But as I said earlier if you are listening and knowing Aunt Mary has a terrific interest in the Horological Art of Moravia during the period 1810-1880, you hear about the very book to add to her collection, but it’s days out from Christmas. Do you order the book for her birthday next November or leave a note in her card “your present will be on it’s way some time in January”?

• Pat Kenny (well his producer) got me a publisher when I was ghost-writing for a friend awaiting a transplant. The way it worked was that Kenny Live guaranteed to promote the book once it was published, so publisher (same one as used by Brian Lenihan Snr) was happy to go ahead once he got hold of the manuscript, gave it to his family to read and his wife and her sister ended up in tears after reading it. The thing is, was it going to be easy enough to market, would it pay the publisher to take it on. Will it have enough impact with enough readers? Even if the writing is a bit on the shyte side and the content is gripping enough, it could have a decent print run. The book I and my friend wrote became a bestseller for a week, but it wasn’t a long term laster owing to the subject, although every copy got stolen out of the library system owing to its intense niche interest, it being very emotionally valuable to those who wanted to read it. It was decently bound, and second hand copies, where available, ironically cost more than the original.

The book market is an interesting one, but Joe is absolutely clueless about it. And if he believes he can influence publishers…. 🤡

• Advertisement

• The basic cabinet for de future Ray Darcy Button Panel.

Contributions to de project welcome: yer handiwork go go laaaaahv! If yer in any way handy with an auld paintbrush, CSS is really straightforward, it’s only writing down measurements of yer graphics an dat.

If anyone feels they’d like to add a button or two, fire ahead. You can Google “CSS Button Styles” and try it out. Will later add in actions to the buttons with JavaScript.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

body {

color: white;

background-color: black;

font-family: "lucida console";

font-size: 20px;

text-align: center;

text-shadow: 2px 2px #ff0000;

background: rgb(133,133,142);

background: linear-gradient(157deg, rgba(133,133,142,1) 0%, rgba(57,57,71,1) 35%, rgba(4,5,13,1) 100%);

}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" />

</head>

<body>

<p>Radio Ray's Console of Buttons</p>

<p> Press a Button</p>

</div>

<script src="script.js"></script>

</body>

</html>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• In de aulden days before Gee Dee Pee Aar, you could look up the exact name, address, email address and telephone number of the domain owner on Whois, and long ago I stumbled on a website the owner off which I knew personally; next time I saw him I started talking about said website and he feigned innocence until I mentioned I had found out that he was the owner in Whois 😂😂😂 then he claimed it must be his faaaaader, but I said “no it’s your home address, not your father’s”. It was a pretty harmless site (but he didn’t want to be known to be the one who set it up) but he hadn’t reckoned on anyone associating himself with it, lol!

Now, if you look up pets-of-the-pandemic.com on Whois, my identity will not be revealed openly. Before GDPR it was much more interesting 😂

I know Joe will want to focus on what people luv about ireoland today but surely this might pop up so to speak, a new low literally or indeed Blow so to speak in the housing crisis.

I was also remind of the ghoul of Christmas past yesterday 😳

Will he be invited onto the Christmas eve show 🤔

O yes he will, o no he won't 😁

Premium Article no less but then again its the Sunday Indo, every Luvvies favourite Rag.

Jesus the Manic Afrikaaner appeared on this mornings Live line promo 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

"Veteran comedian Sylvester ‘Sil’ Fox"

Thats another knock against him. Disgraceful reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Ghastly, Odious, Horrific, awful , awful individual, Sly is ,

Did I mention, I can't abide that talentless G*T ,Cawlur

Would it be worth a call to the live line to share my love of Ireland since Sly Fox was off da air so to speak 😁

• Advertisement

Advertisement