Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Took an internal promotion but not enjoying it

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Welcome to 90hr weeks.

Startups don't grow quickly by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

OP thanks for the updates! I'm in a similar position myself, became a manager on my team about 6 months ago and am not really enjoying it for the most part. There are aspects of it that I like, but it's a lot of pressure for little benefit. My promotion was meant to be temporary (maternity cover), but now it looks like the other person may not be coming back. I was kind of looking forward to moving back to my old role, but now I'm not sure what to do. Looks like lots of people are in similar situations judging from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Alonzo Mosley

Good for you OP best of luck .....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Maybe people are under estimating how different management can be.

You can be a worker or a manager.

My manager tells me and everyone that workers achieve the objectives through their own work while managers achieve objectives through mostly the work of others.

I am a worker so the idea of being a manager like that would make me feel like I'm cheating or something. It would take a while to get used to it. All you're doing is being a link or guide between levels.

Advertisement