Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company Reccomendation

Options
  • 21-07-2021 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I was hoping to get some recommendations for some proactive and helpful management companies.

Our management company have been in place since the build but I have found them increasingly unhelpful and at times unprofessional. I won't name names nor is it important to go into detail of their shortcomings.

Have you got a really good management company? Have you changed and found a superior service. e.g. reduction in cost as they are willing to tender works?

Any recommendations or positive experiences welcome!

edit: Dublin based in a mixed development - no lifts / electric gates. In general no major issues with fees being paid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Presume you mean Management Agents?

We recently did a tender and found most companies that came back to us were cheaper than our current agents at first glance. But there were lots of extras that we don't pay for that attracted additional charges.

We also did a drive around some of the estates currently managed by those agents. An absolute eye opener. Money isn't everything! We only tendered as our AGM raised concerns about the agent's fees.

Stayed with our previous agents, don't think we can name companies on thread so I'll PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 autoboi

Thanks a million for the response - I did mean agents!

PM received and I'll have a look at them - thank you. Costs are an issue (25% increase in 4 years) but we do live here so its important that the place is maintained. Thanks for the idea having a drive around to have a look, brilliant idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Jmc25

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Paddy3

While putting things out for tender is the right idea, the question is what budget items have caused the increase. Are they legit, maybe they had no control over them. The budget has to be approved at the AGM, Are the builders still directors? Who are the directors?

Then it could also be they have items in there that are a waste of time and could be removes. For example quite a number of years ago I was a director of of a management company where we replaced the agents. One item was landscaping(It was their own people who did it) but grass cutting was under a different line item. now there was no need for landscapers unless a major job was required so in effect we were being double charged.

The part about being unhelpful & unprofessional is a different issue but needs active directors!

Advertisement