Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Form 2N "The applicant claims" What reliefs do you put there?

• 21-07-2021 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have been looking for days and I cannot find an example of this. I contacted flac who said I could put down relief to get a divorce but no clue how to word it. Has anyone got an example of one? I would greatly appreciate your help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Are you talking to a solicitor? There's a veritable shopping list of reliefs which could appear on an application for separation or divorce. The approach very much seems to be claim anything and everything possible and see what sticks.

I've seen a handfull and they all had what looked like a very similar cookie cutter list of over twenty reliefs claimed. I would say solicitors offices have a standard list they work off when preparing an application to the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Questions1245

No I am not I cannot afford it and legal aid won't help. My partner has stage 4 cancer and we are trying to get him divorced from his ex in the mean time . I don't have the money, he cant work and now I have a new €750 bill for school stuff and I can't get any more blood out of this stone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Is there any chance his ex would cooperate and come to an amicable divorce agreement? If it's possible this should be the quickest and least expensive route.

I haven't used any myself and I don't think plugging particular businesses is allowed but if you search online for DIY divorce service Ireland you should give you a list of a few services you could check out. If your partner and his ex can agree on the terms of their divorce it should save considerably on costs.

From experience legal aid is extremely slow, waiting lists in some areas were over a year and I'd think working arrangements with CoViD haven't helped either.

Given your circumstances it might be possible to get on a priority list for legal aid if you are eligible some pressure from local politicians or relevant ministers might help.

I hope things work out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dubal

I'm happy to recommend a divorce service I used successfully via pm if you want

Advertisement