Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car park access issue for apartment

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Jmc25

On the tenant v owner thing I think it's common sense and probably just easier to deal with the tenant for some issues. That seemed to be the case in a development where I owned an apartment. For things like pest control, bins, general maintenance etc the managing agent would deal with a tenant as they would with an owner.

It's efficient and just polite to recognise tenants have a stake in the development (more so in my experience than some landlords who have not set foot in the development in years).

I did also live in another development (as a renter as opposed to owner) and the managing agent would absolutely not deal with a tenant even if the roof was caving in. The attitude was really condescending and rude, and needless really.

Similarly penalising a tenant (who the management company explicitly refuse to recognise as a stakeholder in the development for other issues) for their landlords non payment of fees is unfair and somewhat counterproductive. The tenant may end up moving out as a result of being denied services in a development - a significant ordeal for them personally - on the off chance that having to find new tenants who will put up with the lack of services (easily done in the current market) might slightly inconvenience the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

What obligations do MC Directors have in relation to communicating with anyone other than unit owners?

Post edited by Dav010 on

Advertisement