Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/22 FPL Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Where is Shane Long these days? thought he was at Southampton but not on FF?

Kane unlikely to start the season either, and he's to expensive to have from the get go if not playing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yep he's at Southampton. FPL are always very slow to add players who were loaned out the previous season.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pointywalnut

2.5 In the bank, intend to swap Vardy for Kane once, Kane's situation is clarified. Any comment

• Registered Users Posts: 38,501 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Two Arsenal defenders, a villa GK and defender. I don't like that, one from each at most unless it's City or Chelsea imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,501 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My latest and I think final squad, I like it a lot.

I dropped Buendia for Bailey as I think he'll be immense in the EPL. I got rid of Watkins as I just don't know how it's going to work out with him and Ings.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Looks good. 2 comments.

1. Bailey is unlikely to start gw1.

2. You'll have a benching headache most weeks, unless you are planning a gw1 BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Arsenal keeping a clean sheet your having a giraffe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Any feedback on the below squad is really appreciated

Sanchez (Foster)

Cancelo, Digne, TAA, Shaw (White)

Buendia, Soucek, Salah, Fernandes (Rafinha)

Ings, Toney (Obafemi)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,235 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Soucek would be the one I'd be a little bit unsure about at the increased price (was a great 5.0 sub option, but I'm not sure he is quite of the threat level to be at a price you're likely to start most weeks). Even within that West Ham team, I feel that Benrahma probably has a higher ceiling if he continues the form he has had in pre-season. Sarr maybe a more safe option, if pre-season form does not convince you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've gone from doubling up on City to having none. May wait until things settle with them. Current draft:

Sanchez

Shaw TAA Bertrand

Salah Bruno Jota Barnes Benrahma

Ings Antonio

A few punts in there. Barnes, Benrahma looking good in pre-season and easy to go to Raphinha/Buendia if it doesn't work out. Jota likely a short term punt, hard to ignore that Norwich fixture. Bertrand impressive so far, on corners and got two assists against Villareal. May not be nailed but it's a nice price point and easy switch if he loses his place. Flirted with no Bruno but just can't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Sanchez/Bachman

James/Dias/Shaw/Ayling/White

Salah/Son/Greenwood/Raphina/Smith Rowe

Ings/Ihenacho/Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭sergioaguero

he is at southampton, but he is so bad they decided not to put him into the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

A bit too much spent on defenders I think, Cresswell to a 4.5mil defender and upgrade Bailey maybe. Not a bad team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ive had a second dabble and I think I’m more comfortable with this.

no bench fodders and plenty of potential with a lot of solid picks

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Is anyone else thinking of really maximizing Liverpool, United, Villa and West Ham from the start then wildcarding around gw 3/4

Here’s my latest draft with this thinking:

Sanchez (Steel)

TAA, Shaw, Cresswell, White (Ayling)

Salah (c), Bruno, Jota, Greenwood (Brownhill) 

Ings, Antonio (4.5)

- I think Greenwood and Jota will start for the first 2/3 gws.

- Ayling in for white after gw 1.

- I think I could get out of this structure and into a template 3-4-3 after 3 game with a minus 4.

For example Raphinha, ESR and Jimenez in for Jota, Greenwood and 4.5 striker.

Or else I just play wildcard if I want to get in Kane if he’s at city or Lukaku. 

I usually play wildcard early anyway so might as well maximize the first 3/4 gws 

Any thoughts welcome. I’m not sure if I’m just thinking I see something that’s not there or makes sense in my head but isn’t as good idea as I think it is.

Yes, with Rashford out I think United will get off to a flying start. They have some decent fixtures & can see them start like Liverpool did when they won league 2 years ago.

I had Greenwood but I think double defence is the best option as they have many attackers & could be a bit of rotation/early subs.

Liverpool didn’t look great yesterday. I have Salah & will leave for now though considering. Tsimikas & Jota for Chilwell & Mbeumo - but not convinced for now.

Villa, yes - becoming a serious side with good management.

West Ham the same & ive gone for the triple up.

Everton players where early thoughts for these but they looked awful agsinst United.

like you said, there is so much gonna change (cause of the major tournaments/signings) in the coming weeks that an early wildcard is a big possibility.

however for now I’m just looking at a fast start & these are the teams I’m looking too

What’s your team looking like if you don’t mind me asking?

I definitely want 3 each from united and Liverpool defence and midfields. The question is, is Tsikimas better than Jota or AWB/Maguire better than Greenwood!?

Villa are exciting but outside of ings and the defence I don’t know who to jump on. I’m very curious to see how ings and Watkins line up for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jota & Tsimikas is cheaper than Salah now. Jota has been getting the goals during pre-season, along with Mane and Tsimikas is going to start now for a few weeks.

The big question now is it going to be

TAA + Salah & Jota

or

TAA + Tsimikas & Jota + a lot of cash ITB

Tsimikas……. Lovely assist for Firmino just now!

Set to start Saturday according to James Pearce.

£4mil Liverpool defender!!! No **** brainer

• Advertisement

My team is posted literally screenshotted just before your post.

However it’s looking like Tsimikas & Jota for Chilwell & Mbeumo

*sticking with Bench boost too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah thinking it alright, might even go the whole hog and get rid of the BB in GW1 too - I always waste too many transfers and effort planning for it later in the year

Ah ok I see now. I like it but no Trent would scare me ha

Bench boost is a great idea too to get out of the way gw 1. I actually find it messes with decisions and transfers too much later down the line. At least triple captain and free hit can be done last minute and don’t need much planning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

GW1 BB would be

Martinez (v wat) Leno (v bre)

TAA (v nor) Shaw (v LEE) Digne (v SOU) White (v bre) Coufal (v new)

Salah (v nor) Jota (v nor) Greenwood (v LEE) ESR (v bre) Brownhill (v BRI)

Cavani (v LEE) Ings (v wat) Antonio (v new)

Doesn't look great when I write it down really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Have brought in Tsimskis for Godfrey and Townsend for Bailey, and have 1m left with the intention of bringing in Firpo for Taylor in GW2.

My only concern now is the outlay of Kane and the certainty there.

I think it looks ok if you can find a viable downgrade for Cavani (not sure he’s with the squad yet) and an upgrade for brownhill. Also you’d probably need to wildcard soon enough so would need to be comfortable with that

Yes it does scare me but short term il go without as the double United & Tsimikas can potentially cover.

On my squad I’d need to do a bit of a re-jig to get triple United.

I wouldn’t be comfortable with double Liverpool defence for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Even if Tsimikas is only selected for a couple of weeks I'm thinking it might be worth bringing him in for those and to possibly sit on my bench after that. I could also just have him on the bench for the first two games as well but think he might get some points having assisted in this evenings friendly and taking some set pieces. Currently on this team and any advice on improvement would be appreciated:

Sanchez

Tsimikas, Alexander-Arnold, Targett

Salah, Fernandes, Smith-Rowe, Barnes

Wilson, Antonio, Ings

subs for week 1: Bachmann, Tierney, Coufal, Bissouma

I know there's some value on the bench but think a few playing subs could be worthwhile this season. Thanks for any comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

I think Tsmikas looks excellent value have attempted rejig my team because of him but Salah is C, Trent had a monster limit and think jota will start and score goals, if I moved him I may not start him

So this is me-

Sanchez (begovic)

Trent Digne Shaw (white Amartey) Pretty standard picks good def and att potential

Salah Jota Mahrez Havertz (gilmour) Mahrez for first few weeks I think be huge, Jota looks like so many goals in him and good opening fixtures, Havertz will start as striker I think and then with Lukaku could be great move

Anto Ings Toney (Have had DCL in here too but flagged and others all playing and scoring pre season)

.5 in bank may upgrade bego/ Amartey or even Sanxhez to De Gea yet. Main issue is no Fernandez or Greenwood- but happy roll the dice to start with

Advertisement