Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ethnicity estimate

• 23-07-2021 12:49am

Hi there I recently had an Ethnicity test done with my heritage and this is the result attached.

I'm not too good at this yet, but if anyone has any insight on how to decipher the results & breakdowns, especially the purple area! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Hello - the best thing to do with an ethnicity estimate is to look at it once every 6 months, have a bit of a laugh & then ignore it. The reason to check back is because it will change as they update their reference population markers (i.e. they get more people and refine).

Seriously, it doesn't mean much. The matches & how you relate to them are what's really important.

What this means is that you are European. Probably white. That's all ethnicity estimates can be certain about.

If you search on this forum for the term, you'll see we've had a lot of discussion on this previously.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My latest one from ancestry tells me I have ancestors in New Jersey. Ancestors.

The Basque contingent seem to have gone on holidays.

Advertisement