Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is there a way to hide a gmail account?

Options
  • 23-07-2021 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

You know how you have have several Google/ Gmail accounts "open" at the same time, and there is a drop down in Google and in Gmail where you can select which account you want to use, and you can toggle between them, by tapping on the icon/ logo and then selecting another from the drop down?

Well, I would like to know if it is possible to hide one of those from the drop down and yet still access it really easily?

For e.g. I could have (Icon cup of tea) Tea @ gmail .com , next account (coffee icon) Coffee @ gmail .com and then is it possible to have a third (my spouse is a cheating sicko icon) cheater @ gmail .com which would remain hidden from from the "seelction" and yet I could still access it? As that is what they appear to be doing when they click out of the emails at speed and the 3rd email address doesnt appear in the menu....

Any ideas how this is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Considered using alternate browsers?

Save one for tea, one for coffee?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Open the third one in a private browser window, it'll stay separate from the other two, depending on your settings.

Advertisement