Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PCB Board Repair

• 23-07-2021 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello there,

I know this has probably answered here before but I cannot find anything.

Where is the best place to get a JAMMA board repaired?

Hope yous can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Hi Marty.

Most people repairing boards do it as a hobby as it can take hours upon hours to diagnose an issue meaning it is not really commercially viable.

However there is a chap in UK that does repairs https://www.facebook.com/RetroClinic/ (Mark) and another guy in Italy https://caiusarcade.blogspot.com/ (Caius).

What board is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Martynafagan

Hi, it's a Tekken Bombjack. Sent the screen supply to the board and visa versa (oops). Don't know why both plugs are the same!

Have it on a 60 in 1 but it's just not the same.

Have a few other boards - Mercs, Twin Hawk & Mario Bros, but I'm a Bombjack man.

I'll have a look at those lads (think 8 bit Manshed recommended Retro Clinic on YT) was just wondering if there was anything more local.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nothing I know local either, might as well get a quote from Retroclinic..

Whats your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Martynafagan

I suppose I'm looking at 100 blips. Probably twice that to replace.

Spent a good bit getting the CRT going again after flyback burst - a lot of learning, as couldn't find anyone to fix that either. Think the PCB is beyond me.

Advertisement