Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Opportunity Before Signing Contract Proforma

• 23-07-2021 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone. I am about to buy my first house and have had some concerns regarding leaks, boiler and plumbing in general. Due to delays with the process from our end we have had some complications dealing with the vendor and the agent. We are about to have our pre-contract signing walk through the property and allow a plumber to inspect areas of concern.

The property is 20 years old and has a 2nd floor attic conversion. There are two doors one at the front of house and back which contain the gas boiler on one side and opposite side is the water tank. I have some pictures taken by myself pre repair of leak at pipe near boiler (fixed by vendor's plumber) and images from structural surveyance that show two leaks on water tank side we were not aware of.

BOILER : BAXI - DG02136.0310 

The first sign of evidence of any leak was when I saw a patch in the bedroom and then saw the puddle near the water tank. Vendor got repairs done but there is still evidence of stains and some leaks.

I do understand that there is a risk of a bigger job than just a few leaky pips. We really like the property and got a reasonable price so don't want to let it go for the sake of some minor repairs. What does everyone thing of the situation? What should we be looking out for when inspecting one final time? Our plumber can only conduct a visual inspection so obviously we have limited visibility. I was told the gas boiler in the property can be prone top go through parts but maybe someone can clear this up.

Thanks so much in advance. This is the biggest decision of my life and appreciate any constructive feedback to assist.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭DarraghR

Can anyone recommend anything at all? Last viewing tomorrow so under a bit of pressure. Thanks

Advertisement