Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Side Effects - What side effects did you get from your vaccine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

1st vaccine: Pfizer - no reaction. Slightly sore arm for one night.

2nd vaccine: Pfizer - totally wiped out for 2 days. Fever, chills, felt delirious, aches all over.

3rd vaccine: Moderna - got it yesterday evening and haven’t got a single bit of sleep all night due to extreme chills and aches. My feet are absolutely freezing. Have a strong thirst which I didn’t have with previous vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kittyc2018

Pfizer #1 - extremely tired the day of and day after, swollen glands in armpit a week after.

Pfizer #2 - swollen gland in armpit again. Also my cycle has been all over the place since the second dose in early august.

Moderna Booster - administered yesterday morning, only noticeable side effect is a sore arm

Do they actually know why it’s causing such mixed degrees of side effects in people? Is it possible my immune system is already too strong and thus the “rejection” of the vaccine is causing all the fever and aches?

I just can’t believe how random it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Aside from the mildly sore arm, I didn't get any side effects after Pfizer 1 & 2 nor did I get anything after the Moderna booster received on Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

3rd jab yesterday morning this time Moderna, within an hour of jab feeling light headed and developed really sore arm compared to the previous jabs. Minor headache progressed throughout the day and I drank plenty of water all day. Felt chills last night and after going to bed horrible headache developed and felt I was burning up though temperature was still normal range 36.8, no sleep at all last night. I think once I stopped drinking water going to bed and an unusually warm winter night last night didn't help. Headache and sore arm have both gradually cleared up as today has gone on should be over side effects now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,443 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

First dose had a sore arm for a couple of days and a bruise at injection site for a couple of weeks.

Second dose pretty much nothing, was fine the next day.

Booster felt pretty crap the next day, achey, dead arm and really lethargic. Fitness tracker picked it up with really high testing heart rate and HRV plummeted. Felt fine by day 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Imo it's a good idea to take a couple of paracetamol or ibuprofen tablets before going to bed after getting the injection.

Edit: IANAD

Post edited by Esel on

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Booster dose Monday week ago -Pfizer.All 3 were Pfizer.

Same swollen armpit gland as after my second dose, happened quickly.Two days later (the Wed), I woke up with quite a large tender swelling at the base of my neck, just above my collarbone on the side I had the vaccine.Took myself to the GP because it was new and odd, and he checked it all out - said the chain of glands from my armpit almost up to my ear were swollen.He prescribed an anti-inflammatory and sent an alert to the HPRA.It took a few days for the swelling to go down.

Pfizer Dose 1 - no side effects, apart from a very slight sore arm.

Pfizer Dose 2 - ditto.

Moderna Booster - which I had about 8-hours ago, and haven't had any side effects either (so far!).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BearMarketFresh

It'll come mate.

The Moderna booster knocked me for six this week after getting it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Yep takes around 10-12 hours for the Moderna side effects to kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

AZ 1

AZ 2

Moderna booster

Absolutely no side effects at all with any of them… *wondering*

Pfizer 1, sore arm.

Pfizer 2, absolutely nothing.

Moderna 3, slightly sore arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,015 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pfizer 1 sore arm and that was it

Pfizer 2 sore arm and the evening after I got it i felt really really tired but nothing worse then that

Moderna booster today 12 hours ago and bar some tenderness around where I got the injection nothing. I did take some ibuprofen tablets soon after I came home and again about 5pm and have drank a lot of water and I feel fine so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BearMarketFresh

aches and pains all over. Really bad chills and fever, no sleep, bad flu. I was all over the place at night in bed, could not sleep and a little delirious. Took plenty of paracetamol pre and post booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭macchoille

Moderna 1 : slightly sore arm for a day

Moderna 2 : moderately sore arm for two days, very lethargic for 2 days. Heavy/Restless legs (best way I can describe it) for a few days., night sweats.

Booser Pfizer : slightly sore arm for 1 day, heavy/restless legs (not as bad as Moderna 2), night sweats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Pfizer doses 1 and 2 - Little bit of a sore arm but very minor really, no other side effects.

Moderna booster this morning at 9, feel absolutely fine, my arm isn’t even sore this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Have noticed for the last few weeks my shoulder feels "pinched". Almost feels like a rotator cuff injury, my weight training has almost stopped entirely because of this, zero and I mean zero power in the shoulder I got #2 in. Very annoying, don't suspect it's the vaccine but the method the way the needle was stuck in. Will be asking for a leg injection next time around if that's possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,443 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I have that as well, but on the other shoulder 😄 think I lay on it awkwardly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Pfizer first and second. Slight a bit woozy the evening after the first, nothing after the second.

Moderna booster. Didn't feel a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Moderna Dose 1 - slightly sore arm, wore off after 2-3 days

Moderna Dose 2 - slightly sore arm, wore off after 2-3 days

Moderna Booster - slightly sore arm, wore off after 2-3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Pfizer 1 - sore arm and a bit lethargic for a few days. Out of sorts but nothing bad.

Pfizer 2 - sore arm but that’s all.

Moderna 3 - mini flu after 12 hours lasting now for nearly three days. Swollen glands, headaches, fever, sweats, chills, general fatigue.

Pissed off that on my very few days off this year I am feeling crappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

My wife is 4 months post 2nd jab...the needle mark has been visible ever since, and in the last 10 days has developed into a raised and inflamed pock mark

Anyone get bad lower back pain the next day?

I never get lower back pain, but had the Moderna booster yesterday and the lower back is in bits today.

That and fatigue/sleepiness/lack of energy are the only effects I've had within 24-hours.

Not sure if it's just a coincidence, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I had Covid quite badly in March 2020.

after first vaccine July 21, is a strong reaction, v high temps after 24hrs and felt weird as I did with Covid. Resolved after 48hrs. A bit tired. Slightly sore arm.

2nd dose, felt a bit off, very tired, sore arm but better. Bed early and was useless for a few day and only slight temp. But very tired fir a few weeks.

3rd dose, very strong high temp reaction after 24hrs, felt awful. Very shook. Have desperate gastro pains as I did with Covid… over 2weeks ago now, still feel like shite

but I am glad for vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Why are you "glad" for it? From what you've written, you really shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭sonic85

Had Pfizer 1 and 2 earlier this year - the first jab I had nothing except a sore arm. The second jab I had sore arm, chills, temperature, heart palpitations etc. Was OK after about 2 and a half days.

Had the Moderna booster this morning and was grand up till about 9pm - chills, high temperature, very sore arm, headache, lack of energy etc. These jabs are **** me up. In bed as I speak with a cold compress trying to ease my high temperature. Second New Years in a row I've been sick. FFS.

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

So many scientists all around the world have been saying how terrible they are for your health

Citations please and not from facebook. Or as they used to say on the interwebs; links or GTFO.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement