Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone PAYG blocked in 4G router?

Options
  • 23-07-2021 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

I currently have a Clear Mobile SIM working fine in a Huawei router.

I went to swap it out for a new Vodafone Xtra Unlimited SIM and all devices keep saying "connected but not to the internet"

All devices are connecting fine to the router, but that's it, can't get internet.

I popped back in the Clear Mobile SIM and hey presto, all is dandy again.

Have Vodafone blocked the use of some SIM's in routers or for tethering?

Or do I perhaps need to update APN settings or what am I missing here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Just to add: router is unlocked and can accept SIMs from all networks and has been tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

Have you disabled the pin on the vodafone sim?

You can do this by putting it into a mobile phone and via the settings..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

check your APN settings on the router, if it’s set to hs.Vodafone.ie (or .com, can’t remember which) change it to live.Vodafone.ie and see if that works. Assume you’ve topped up the SIM so that it has a data allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Thanks guys.

Yes, SIM has PIN lock disabled and is topped up has credit and data allowance etc...

I'll try the suggestion above, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just to clarify the APN needs to be....

live.vodafone.com

Is that the 30e plan? Vodafone X has unlimited data for 20e. The 30e plan includes all calls but if SIM remains in the router, calls can't be used without connecting a phone to the router (some routers have a port for that purpose).

If you're only using data then Vodafone X is the plan to pick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement