Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you collect maintenance fees for housing estate?

Options
  • 24-07-2021 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

As in title (Lawn, kerbs, strimmers etc)

Do you collect cash? Online? If so- how?

Are there any apps?

Do you have any visibilty over funds? If so- how?

We are small housing estate trying to get it together, but it would be great to not reinvent the wheel.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭frank730

our resident committee collect 5euro per month in cash or you can pay 50euro at once for the year. they do publish end of year accounts etc. so we know how the money has been spent. the old cash/spreadsheet works fine for us, some older residents might not be comfortable to pay online or via app.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This brings back bad memories for me.

I used to live in an estate of 50 odd houses and took it upon myself to organise the communal grass cutting.

I would ask for 50 for the entire season from each house. The amount of people who had no interest in paying this amount to keep their area tidy was scary.

I had to then reduce it to 30 to try to encourage more, but still had a cohort who didn't care a jot. Their logic was that they didn't look out on a grassy area so didn't see long grass.

A total pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

When I was involved with this, there was always a percentage that just won’t pay, we used to collect in April / May but we’d send reminders monthly from January that it was due in May. If we got 55/79 that would be considered a good year, 69% & it was only €40.

We just issued a hand written receipt out of a receipt book available from any stationary shop.

Advertisement