Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Triathlon predictions?

• 24-07-2021 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭

So who makes up your Olympic podiums in the days to come?

Men: Hard to look beyond Mola and Blummenfelt and maybe Johnny Brownlee to record another Olympic medal? I would like to see Birtwhistle sneak up on the outside and still be in contention when it comes to the run. Javier Gomez may be blowing hard these days but his big race nous has to be a factor, even if it only ends up helping a teammate?

Women: The battle within the British team could be interesting - all 3 girls very close in ability. Will the bike course suit Flora Duffy? Spirig might be 39 now but her big race experience might distract others if she can position well coming off the bike. Or is this finally Katie Zaferes's big opportunity?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Well its been eventful so far in the mens event with the second start but to camera boat being in way of half the field.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

loving watching this. pre covid was in tokyo every 3 months or more, and my usual running route was right out where they are racing today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Hats off to Blummenfelt - proving that triathlon isn't just for the super skinny.

Delighted for Duffy - a long career characterised by steady and measurable progress to the pinnacle. Taylor-Brown a nailed-on future star, along with Alex Yee, the British production line continues.

Would not have liked to have been out there for the women's race - reminded me of a really bad day out in Kerry or that mental recent year in HOTW. Hayes must be chuffed with a top 10 run split in that environment.

Advertisement