Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting PENDING APPROVAL on my app

Options
  • 26-07-2021 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,588 ✭✭✭✭

I have always been able to pay my UK credit card using my BoI 365 app, but not this month.

I am told the payment is pending approval, but on my app I have no pending approvals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

You can select the 'Waiting for Approval' option on the app (before you enter any login details) and this should allow you to approve any pending requests.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 33,588 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I finally got it to work last month.

Now more problems this month.

1st attempt, nothing showed up in my BoI app, nothing pending.

2nd attempt, indeed I did have a pending approval waiting. I swiped right. Went back to the Halifax app, clicked on the "I have approved this in 365 app" and I got a fail message.

Edit: 3rd attempt also unsuccessful. Jesus, what a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Thanks for coming back to us here.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties with this.

You can certainly contact our Customer Service Desk on 0818365365/ 0035314044000 (from abroad) and one of my colleagues should be able to assist you with this further.

Thanks, Eve

It worked today, but didn't ask me to go to BOI app to approve. Instead it was the old system of entering a passcode which was sent to my mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Apols for jumping on thread, but exactly same scenario for me. Randomly works as it should/does not. Now have utterly no faith in ability to action online payments. If this keeps up, then it'll be time to hit the market for personal banking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi all,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty with this. We have a SCA Brochure available here with a step by step guide on approving online card purchases via the Mobile App and includes images of what screens you should see on the retailer's website if the transaction approval is to be done through the Mobile App.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Leeside

Similar situation here. I completed three online purchases yesterday. All went through without having to approve them on my BOI app. This no need to approve payment is very much a random occurrence. This morning I wanted to check balance on my account which I couldn't do until I clicked to approve a payment. Next screen tells to to go back to the retailer's site to continue. I assume I was approving a payment made yesterday but which one? No amount was mentioned on the approval request screen. Once my app timed out, I was then able to log in again and check balance etc.

I have made numerous payments which needed immediate approval via the mobile app without a problem but the need to approve a payment without the amount mentioned is a bit disconcerting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Leeside,

Thanks for your post.

When an online card purchase is challenged by SCA the notification sent to the Mobile App would provide the amount, the retailer name and the last four digits of the card being used to make the purchase like the example here. The notification in this instance may have timed out so no longer showed the details.

Thanks

Tara

No harm, but shouldn't need to look at a brochure to see what to do.

It's not rocket science, it's all very simple. The issue is with your app, sometimes it works and other timesit doesn't. It doesn't show this on the brochure I'm sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Thanks for getting back to us here. If you are continuing to experience difficulty with the mobile app we would recommend that you delete and reinstall the app. Should you continue to experience difficulty we would suggest that you contact our customer service team directly on 0818365365 and our colleagues here will be happy to help with this. The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Jim Oakley

I am in France, and want to pay a Spanish invoice by BoI/MasterCard.  I keep getting messages telling me I need to approve the payment, but then receive a message saying 'No approvals waiting'. Can someone from BoI please help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Can we ask if you can approve the transaction by selecting ‘waiting for approval’ in the app? If you are unable to approve the transaction there either, it would be best to call our support team on 0818 200 362, one of my colleagues will be more than happy to help.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

Tried to access 365 yesterday using my iPhone. Both times it was stuck in the checking security mode.

Got a message: "Several unsuccessful Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) attempts were made on your account. For security, we will block your account after ONE more failed attempt."

Tried again today after the Sunday morning computer system maintenance, it failed again and told me my account was blocked.

Clearly a problem with the app/server software.

A real PITA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bank of Ireland: Declan

Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Apologies to hear this has been your experience with the app and we appreciate your feedback. If you would like to contact one of my colleagues on 0818200362 we will be happy to have this unblocked for you

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zimbo1990

Had same issue , seems to be if you log in first it seems to remove the notification. If you go to the waiting for approval section first without logging in the approval notification appears.

seems like a bug with the mobile app.

1) after login you should be able to approve

2) logging in should not clear any existing notifications.

-James

Hi James,

Thanks for joining the thread.

With this 2 step process, the first step is clicking on Waiting for Approval and then it will prompt you to enter 3 digits of PIN, this is the second step.

Once you have entered correct PIN digits, you just go back to the purchase site and click on I have approved on the App.

Many thanks

Alison

Have tried this saves times trying to pay a credit card bill, never worked for me.

Hi there,

Have you currently a transaction you are trying to approve on the credit card? If this is the case, you can send us in a PM with your full name, Branch name if you have other accounts with us and a contact number. Can you also let us know at which stage it is not going through for you? Many thanks, Alison.

It's sorted now, but I had to go into a physical bank branch to hand over cash to pay my credit card bill for a couple of months.

Then I had to get an account set up in 365online, so I could pay the cc as a bill.

All because the app was useless and didn't recognise that I had authorised payment.

Sorry to see this. If you have any further difficulties feel free to PM us.

Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement