Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

I won't travel unless I have a ticket beforehand. What happens if you don't get one, it's 15 minutes before the game and all the pubs are at capacity? Not worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Good luck to every one looking for tickets. Especially those in the draw. Like The Reverend Tod I will watch it at home. For the first time ever....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gigantic09

That happened me in 2006,couple us couldn't get tickets, tried right up to the last minute. Missed most of the 1st half as couldnt get near a tv in Drumcondra and eventually got taxi back to hotel in rathmines to watch the 2nd half. Never again going through that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Fair play to ya,you seem like a well informed Mayo supporter from your posts over the years.

But at the same time,**** that,there'll be 25k Mayo supporters in Croker the next day, are you in the top 25k Mayo supporters?

My guess is yes,were there 25k Mayo fans at fermanagh 16,Derry 17,Cork 17,Donegal 13,15, etc ? No there weren't,that's before we get to league and fbd

I really hope the proper supporters get sorted and I believe most of the hard-core 5k to 8k will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Emails are going out. I know one person who is after getting an email saying they got a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

My fellow season ticket holder got the golden email.

Just awaiting confirmation I've hit the jackpot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Best of luck to ye all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tml73

At what stage should someone stop hitting the refresh button and accept their fate?😥

Not so glad tidings,it's only the person who receives the email who gets a ticket.

• Advertisement

Same, nothing for me. And typical, the lad I know that got one is not someone who goes to many games. Usually passes on his tickets to get scanned in the early parts of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

A big fat nothing !

Its starting to sink in now, I was staying hopeful while there was still a glimmer but fairly gutted now.

The whole lack of communication regarding the draw is really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,439 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hate to be that guy but I got an email

Relief!

Don't feel bad. Congrats! Enjoy every bloody second.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Ah, great stuff!

Be that guy and enjoy your All ireland final :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Delighted for anyone who gets a ticket to this. Go, enjoy it and up Mayo!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Same as most, usually would get a ticket between work, relations etc, have the usual feelers out but will probably have to sit this one out. Bit annoyed with the whole win a ticket craic in other counties but suppose they are just trying to make a few quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’m really pissed off with the whole thing now tbh

Same as that. Ronaldo hasn't helped matters either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

"This ticket shall not be used as a prize in any lottery or competition or for any promotional or advertising purpose unless expressly authorised in writing by the GAA" from the GAA official ticket rules.

I assume all the club's in Ireland raffling them have the express written permission of the GAA. The cheek of some of them to make you pay for the ticket after winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Delighted to get the email about getting a ticket but the site has crashed to pay for it.

5pm Friday is the latest to pay.

• Advertisement

Congrats to all who got them, ye need to roar twice as loud!

From previous finals,nobody has tickets 10 days out ......That's what I'm telling myself anyway!

The scam artists could have made a killing today if they had composed a fake e-mail from the GAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Sure the GAA are the biggest scam artists going. 10k tickets going to each county in the final and then let every club in the country raffle 2 tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I'm not saying your mate is trying to pull a fast one or anything but that would be worth checking with them imo.

If your ticket and their ticket are on the same account and email address, youd be entitled to a ticket each.

I have season tickets for myself and my brother on my own account and if my name came out in a draw, I'd expect him to get a ticket too as there is only 1 email address for the account.

Hopefully I havent made a balls of the point I'm trying to make, it's been a long day, but it's worth checking out if your ticket is linked to their account at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭BandMember

If that is the case, then I can see why so many have been left disappointed. There's a lot of people who have more than one season ticket on the same account (including a lot of families), so if they were drawn you wouldn't be long going through the 500. It could have been a case where around 100 account holders took care of the entire 500, but the whole thing has been so secretive that we'll never know.

Congrats to anyone who got one, safe travels and enjoy the day!

On the Ah Ref score update group there are a few who got no email but the tickets were in their account

https://am.ticketmaster.com/gaa 

Ask for a new password if you haven't used it before, as opposed to setting up a new account, then check invoices when uou get it

Ta

I've just shot Croke Park an email to sell clarification.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Balls. Didn't get one. So off to the touts I'll have to go

Sounds like most of the clubs have allocated their tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

No luck here either. Ah well. Maigh Eo abú

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭muddle84

No email and no invoices in the ticketmaster account either! I fear that was my last chance! Delighted for those of you who got them!!! I don't hold out the same hope of other years where tickets start to come into circulation a week out as the numbers aren't there this year!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Im just gutted with it all. Fkn hell theres on Midwest advertising the clubs raffling off tickets. More so for my Dad than me but I know the closer it gets the more peed off I'll be.

Anyone any recommendations when dealing with people selling tickets outside of the pitch on game day? I assume these will be a page printed out with a ticket on it?

Gutted with it too! The whole system is so wrong, i haven't been this passed off with it all since 2012 because I bought my cairde ticket then but that's been taken from us this year!

• Advertisement

One wonders why there wasn't more communication between the gaa and government about the opening up of things . If for example the gaa had pencilled in the all Ireland's a few week's later than originally planned (i know it would mess things up for club championships this year) as a once off. They ended up doing this anyway to an extent with the Tyrone covid issue. Its like they didn't envisage these capacity issues happening at all and just wanted to get the championship played off with as little fuss as possible. Its a ball's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Dealing with touts is luck of the draw. Could be a genuine ticket they have, could be one they've printed 100 times and you only find out when it wont scan. Personally, I'd never deal with them. Especially the ones in Dublin, they're of the "rougher" variety to put it nicely.

If you're going to travel without a ticket I'd get up early and go around any place where fans are mingling. There will be people on the day who cant make it for whatever reason and there will be spares. I've bought and sold tickets this way for previous finals, including getting one in the train up.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

No harm trying Gills corner on match day. I know of people got them on day for Dublin v Kerry 2019. No harm to ask guards standing at Gills corner and sometime people hand tickets to them if friend can't make it. It long shot but worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

Be fierce careful with buying the printouts anyways. Wouldn't be unlike a scammer to print multiple copies even if there's a name/email on them.

Best of luck to all ticketseekers. Not nice seeing anybody with season tickets missing out after years of travelling the country supporting your team but such is life at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback.

Congrats to the STs who have got your tickets. Give a roar for me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Personally I would prefer watch on TV than give money to a tout.

Can see why you are tempted though.

I’d avoid touts yop. But it looks like I’ll be going up with Mrs G&R and one ticket. There’s bound to be genuine people with tickets to sell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Such is the demand for tickets this year that I wouldn't dream of going up without one.

Sure there might be the odd person who finds them self with a spare, but you'd have to imagine that they would personally know loads desperate to take it off them.

The reduced capacity really lessens the chances of getting a ticket from a stranger in my opinion.

Plus the reduced capacity in the surrounding pubs (shitholes really) could have you scampering trying to get into a pub further afield to watch it and missing some.

If you chance buying a printed ticket off a stranger you'd want your head checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Too true, this year more than any other year buying a printed ticket off anybody outside the stadium is just asking to be ripped off. If anybody goes up give yourself a deadline and then get out of Dodge and watch it somewhere nice. I.e nowhere around Drumcondra

• Advertisement

Speaking of watching the game in a pub in Dublin, where would people recommend? O'Sheas of Talbot street would have been where my gang would always meet before and after games. Decent pub to watch a game.

Advertisement