Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Definately my player of the year, so far anyway. If Mayo win, and if Ruane and O'Hora have decent games, it could be a close thing for either of them.

I see the Tyrone centre back McGeary is the fav at the moment. Great player. Even if Mayo did win, I'd say he'd be in with a good shout.

Anyway, player of the year is very secondary at this stage. Main thing is for the real Mayo to show up on the day and take the game to Tyrone. And take Sam West.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Just a bit of advice from a Limerick man who was at the hurling final. The pubs were carnage before the match. Impossible to get into to get a pint. So much so that the guards shut down the Red Parrott. If I had to guess the Garda will be very active monitoring the local pubs for the football final and if there are any sort of proper restrictions you wont get near them. Bring your own drink and gather on the open areas / parks. As for watching the game in a pub, I would ring them to see if it even will be possible. I would imagine booking might be necessary in the like of Fagans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I though the Hill was not opened and the stands held the 40K capacity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

Hill definitely open

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

If I can get a stand I might as I want to bring my son. I've promises of a ticket but nothing concrete yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Watched a bit of the Tyrone semi again there at lunch. It's going to be some final imo.... I think.

There's far too much negative talk of Tyrone's style... The usual old clichés get thrown around by some dinosaur's in RTE and they stick. I mean their kick out strategy was refreshingly reckless. Long balls being pumped into midfield, it was like turning back the clock.

I think they play an exciting game. The speed of their break is excellent. What struck me was that even though they didn't cough up a goal, they were opened up enough by Kerry in the first 10 mins. They could have conceded a goal or two before that shocking lack of awareness by Stephen O Brien.

Two very evenly matched teams with two styles that are quite similar. Two teams who are probably more comfortable adopting a disruptive approach to a final, in terms of identifying match ups for opposition etc.

It's a strange build up as a fan as well in this sense. The week before is usually full of excitement, fear, nervousness surrounding these match ups. How will we stop X,Y and Z... It's not as fun when you know they'll be doing the exact same thing and looking to stop our X,Y and Z. Because like us, they're good at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Another draw for 500 season tickets has been announced. draw this evening, results tomorrow by email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,439 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Alright lads, many ones staying in Dublin after the game or heading home?

Was chatting in the group whatsapp there and we've hotels reserved, but unsure what to do with the whole restrictions craic. As one poster has alluded to above maybe pubs will have to be on their best behaviour as regards numbers inside etc.

Group of us would love to stay down but not sure if it's worth it, if we're all gonna get kicked out of everywhere by 11:30!!

In saying that I saw a few Instagram stories of a few pubs on Camden St sat night and it looked like normal times, all standing up etc.

Surely for one night only things will be loosened a bit!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭muddle84

Here we go again, another night of constantly checking emails and ticketmaster!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I wonder is this open to anybody that won in the previous draw? Greater chance for those that didn’t if it is the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

You would expect them to be excluded but it's mayogaa after all.

Be a disgrace if we’re omitted

He says hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Am I reading correctly that us Cairde ticket holders weren't actually included in the last draw? And that's the reason for this extra draw?

If so well what a shower of clowns!

Was it established wether the previous draw winners received one ticket each or the number of tickets associated with the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Iam Cairde Maigheo and won a ticket last week..Good luck to all in the draw this eve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Connaught telegraph are reporting tonight that Oisín Mullin and Eoghan McLaughlin have recovered from their injuries and are in contention to start the All-Ireland final

Won't be named on the published team it seems but will be named to start just before throw in. The 4 weeks to this final has been a real boost to Mayo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Yes, Club+ season tickets were indeed included, I know of 2 that were lucky enough to "win" one in the last draw.

Is it odd that those who won are so secretive or is that just par for the course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

That is unbelievable that McLaughlin is in contention based on the reports of the tackle he took. Mullen will be a huge plus if we get him on the starting 15.

Great new if this is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I won one, but what do you mean secretive? Are they supposed to do a radio broadcast and announce their names/addresses?

I was asking if the winners were allocated just a single ticket or a ticket for all on their account, as in some accounts have like 3 tickets for family. Someone replied that we don't even know who won. Thanks for your reply. Care to answer the question if you know the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

He had a good few against Dublin and a shot for a point that went into the GKs hands hopefully he can eliminate that part of his game. Have watched that game back about 3 or 4 times at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I got a link to buy a single ticket. I heard of nobody getting more than one ticket.

If you think about the practicalities, members would be drawn at random. The GAA aren't going be checking each account number that's drawn and making adjustments to the 500, to see how many are linked to it. Too much like hard work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Clubs have got an extra small allocation as well. For those that missed out, might be lucky this time.

Senior 32 , Inter 28, Junior 22, Hurling 22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

Anybody thay doesnt want to go by themselves my inbox is open for all unwanted links :-)

I am pretty sure that km was referring to the lack of information about the draws from the GAA. nobody knows when the draw was or is, the only people that got notified were the people that won.

• Advertisement

Oh, fair enough. I took it to mean those who won weren't saying it: 'we don't even know who won'. You are saying the GAA should have published a list.

My apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

I cant see it for eoghan if in deed he did break his jaw in two places tyrone will target him big time.

Will he have to wear a mask or anything

In fairness I don't know of anyone that won and is keeping it to themselves. The thing that is frustrating most people is you end up constantly checking emails and ticketmaster account because you don't get any notification at all win or lose.

Publishing a list would serve no purpose, just let the people that are eligible know if they won or not.

Anyone got any emails yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

The reports on the McLoughlin injury was exaggerated it seems. Conn telegraph are usually spot on with their info.

It wasn’t exaggerated at all! He had a double fracture and surgery. Eoghan will wear a mask and it’s not uncommon to make such a recovery from this injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

i hope you are right my friend it will be a massive lift for us.no ticket her either for some reason iam not panicing if it comes it comes it is out of my hands.

It will be the 1st final I have missed in yrs but as long as we win I will keep missing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 The Supporter

It would be great news if Oisin and Eoghan were fit to play, nothing should be leaked from the camp, it is unprofessional in this day and age to have any leaks. John Kiely said before Hurling Final "It's obviously very satisfying to be in the Final but it's no good being there unless you perform", Boy did Limerick perform. Ist half against Dublin we scored 4 points from 10 shots, big improvement in shooting required. Savage work rate required from every player next Saturday, Composure and total concentration also needed (conceded goals against Westmeath and Galway not being alert to shots coming back of posts). Conor McKenna scored two goals against us in Castlebar also scored two goals against Kerry, we have been warned of the threat he poses.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Refresh...... my nerves will be shot.

In fairness to MayoGAA they don't even show the full names of the people in the main GAA draw. And as said anyone who I know who got one (2 people) were straight up about it.

Be really good if Eoghan and Oisin are fit. If they are they will both start as they won't risk a sub to bring them in a game where the subs will be vital. McShane has 1.8 off the bench this year alone so that shows, and we have lost finals to lads coming off the bench over the years.

Its only Tues and I'm in a heap already.

I booked theaddress@citywest for 159 quid for B&B and dinner for myself, Dad and my son.

If any of you are absolutely loaded Dromara GAC in county down are giving a ticket to the highest bidder on Facebook.

not the right way to go about things if you ask me but anyway!

have no affiliation to the club, just saw a friend from Co.Down post it. Doesn’t seem to have gotten much traction so far based on the post.

can’t post the link on mobile but I’ve tried to attach the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Mayo just favourites for me, but there is no form between the two teams to gauge it. Looking forward to a good game, and the unknown between the two teams..

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Any allegation made by any team in any match should be warranted a follow up. Wouldn't be much of a system if allegations/complaints were not followed up. That would be some fun. Its the result of the investigation that is of interest. The allegations did not stand up.

Anyway, You say you were not trying to stir up sh*t, but what relevance had any of that to an All Ireland Final between Mayo and Tyrone in 2021 on the Mayo GAA Discussion thread? I have no idea.

JB

Ah this is a form of torture. Apparently the emails are out, has anyone got anything yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

One of the lads received the good news half an hour ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Thats an absolute disgrace. That club should never be given another ticket to any game ever again. And it makes a good case for tickets to go to competing counties only. I thought those clubs/counties having tickets to raffle them off was bad enough but going to the highest bidder leaves a sour taste.

Surely someone in that club has a Tyrone/Mayo, friend, colleague, acquaintance etc that they could sell the ticket to at face value. Sickening.

Yeah that’s my thoughts exactly. Bit of a joke, pricing decent fans out of the game. It’ll be interesting to see how many of these “draws” all around Ireland in clubs tomorrow and Thursday night go outside of the club / county when it’s not a Tyrone or Mayo club.

I must admit I’ve bought a few but I was reluctant to buy ones from Mayo clubs as I couldnt see it going outside the county :) don’t blame them either!!

My Dad got an email and his buddy also! So I'm now taking my Dads.... so I'm going!!!!! :D :D :D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tml73

Got one, a huge relief!

• Advertisement
Advertisement