Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Vish81

You can bend and twist this to whatever suits your narrative..

Having lost our most influential player in O Connor, you think we be far more cautious with our key plyers especially in the week leading up to a semi final.

I've said it before , you dont pull a quad unless your being pushed to certain limits,

Have you not listened to any Gaa players on podcasts on how they prepare for a "big game in Croker" Running around and pushing themselves on the pitch isn't one of them in the week leading up to it.

Had no business risking any of the team this week on the training pitch.

We dont deserve an All Ireland if we sheepishly throw away any chance that we may have had in doing so.

It smacks or arrogance, and total ignorance on the managements behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭HBC08

You haven't a notion what happened to Oisin.

You're making up a scenario in your head and getting worked up about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I don't have any narrative here, but I think you do.

Notably you haven't answered the questions I put to you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Have we ever before lost a player to a training injury in the lead up to a big championship game in croke park? I don't remember any off hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I've held off saying it as I've had so much free enjoyment out of boards.ie, but this site is gone.

I'd be interested to know how much traffic has dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭spakman

Not trying to blame Finn, more trying to highlight to that other fella that Horan probably isn't the one who determines how much to push them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

Relax man, you sound hysterical!

Dublin have had countless injuries. Mccaffrey, Brogan and Kilkenny have all missed seasons with Cruciates off the top of the head. Mccaffreys gone off injured in 2 AI finals. Look at Cian O'Sullivan. The second half Mayo dominated the last day, arguably Galway's 3 best players were injured and 2 more starters also. There's 26 players in a panel, its uncommon not to have a couple of key injuries on a GAA team.

Bar a couple of notable exceptions, Mayo 2011-2017 had a great run with injuries. And have had a fairly torrid time since. Comes and goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

It seems to have improved in last few hours on mobile actually. Bookmarks etc now appearing

there may be hope yet

for us all :@

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any updates on injuries etc.?

Listening to a bunch of preview podcasts but all recorded prior to yesterday it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

managed to pick up some tickets on Ticketmaster this morning.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Glad tidings.

I'm all set for Croker thanks to a fellow Boardsie.

You know who you are and I'll be eternally grateful.

Are we likely to get a first 15 tonight?

Personally think James won't name the team until shortly before the throw in due Oisin's injury.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Think team out around 1 tomorrow

If Mullins gone I fear we are goosed. How long he will last then too is a factor.

We will be there or there abouts I'm sure.

Really looking forward to it back for another semi final.

41 man squad named by Mayo GAA tonight :D

A nice touch in fairness .

we won’t know either team till around 545pm tomorrow

Did anyone hear of a possible injury to Paddy Durcan :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭naughto

Yes and oshea in a boot just precautionary.

All rumours being sent out

Can’t sleep :@

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I hope to hell that Durcan is just a rumour. If he is out as well as Mullens then what the hell is going on getting injuries on the final week. For Mullens this is not good getting these at such a young age. The demands now are unreal on the body and when you hear of lads getting their hips done around 30 or so, you would wonder is it worth it.

Anyway, Mullens loss is huge and if there is anyone else like Durcan forget about it. Its time now for ROD, Conroy etc to stand up and show us that they are the new guys for Mayo. It is time for them to start deliver on the big day as they have the year or so under the belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I also heard leeroy was 50/50. Can't be all injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Ahh FFS, some lads have too much time on their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

We'll be lucky to have fifteen players at this rate, Ciaran Mc might give us ten minutes from the sideline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭PressRun

Brendan Harrison named on the subs bench apparently. A man who hasn't played in about 2 years.

It’s a weak looking bench now tbh

My optimism is slipping away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Any chance u could throw up the subs bench here.

Not a strong bench at all.

Feeling a lot less optimistic than I did a week ago. I felt back then we were in with a great shout, but losing Oisin Mullin and the look of that bench now isn't really filling me with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭HBC08

In fairness,as soon as Oisin was out the bench automatically weakened as a result.

Surprised to see Harry there but he must be fit and raring to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Yea that bench looks very inexperienced.

I have to admit though I always thought today was bonus territory for Mayo.

In a fecked up year with just a straight championship winning Connacht before meeting Dublin in a SF was as good as I was expecting.

And it was good to once again beat Galway.

I don't buy into the narrative that Dublin have regressed enough to make them vulnerable to a still developing Mayo team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

They was a good discussion on the Mayo News podcast about keeping Kev Mc or Eoin or even both in reserve for the second half. Kev had to start for me but would have been ideal to spring Eoin from the bench in the second hand. Injuries have forced our hand and the bench does seem very light now.

I'm sure by the time the trumpet goes as the Mayo team enter the pitch, the optimism level will be restored but it feels like a near impossible task now.

Going to have to shoot lights out today and goals are a must. Tommy needs to be going from the start today and getting quality ball into Aidan when he's isolated will be key. There is potential in that FF line to do a bit of damage and we're certainly going to need that to happen today to be in with a chance.

Advertisement