Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm usually this exhausted after a Mayo game, not before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Bright start but please leave the short kick outs for a nicer day.

Clifford is struggling.

We're awful open at the back and through the middle

Gough is fcuking star struck.

• Advertisement

How did only one black card come from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

That's was the most ridiculous black card I've seen in a long time.

Can we ask them to add another 10 minutes onto the black card!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The black card period has proven how little impact AOS was having on the game at least.

Would gladly see him replaced by a sweeper in the second half, as unlikely as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Vish81

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Jaysus I think a few on here have been supping too much from the cup of Philandering Joe and Reservoir dregs.

Carr on for Carney.

If Carney isn't injured that a huge misread for me. Was going really well when decent ball went in.

Where was the bloody advantage there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Mayo vs Galway final.

It's braindead stuff really, Hennelly taking short kickouts to the slowest player on the pitch.

Badly need a goal to get something going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Shooting has been shocking. Very frustrating.

Ah well.

Ruane’s miss on the back of the Kerry turnover felt like a turning point at the time, as great as he’s been otherwise. Hard to see any way back now.

• Advertisement

10 wides so far. Poor enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Totally dominated third quarter; should surely have been able to pull ahead during that. In hail mary territory now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hard to watch .

dublin Derry and Galway will feel confident after this . Kerry aren’t much better than mayo .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Kerry vs Galway final.

POH on for AOS. Not seeing how that will turn it around but desperate throws at this stage I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Thankfully we can get on with club football now.

Surely you werent expecting in-game management?

I don't mind the wides it's kicking it into the keepers hands that kills me

Same old, same old ,a missed opportunity

Kerry wont play this bad too often at HQ.

Any momentum was lost with poor shot selection and unforced errors.

• Advertisement

100%, should really have been a few points up. Tommy and Ryan would make a big difference to that front line.

Hard to see what Cillian offers anymore bar his frees, he has no chance of winning any ball with his lack of pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

A bridge too far with the injuries

We need fresh ideas from sideline too

Horan has been a great servant but his time is literally up now.

Who next is the question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Mod Edit.

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

Hession and McLaughlin were impressive to be fair. Plenty of talent still in the back lines but it’ll never shine enough in a Horan team to make much of a difference.

New ideas needed, but that’s not breaking news at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭maximus15

injuries no addition but time to concede there are starting players who need to be considered as impact subs, at best, in the future. Great servants but both o connors and AOS not playing well enough to deserve the game time they receive. Management stale too but no point changing unless plan in place for future.

I'll never see what others see in McLaughlin. A serious athlete, absolutely. Not a footballer in my eyes, rabbit in headlights when things open up in front of him.

• Advertisement

Was a contributor to the momentum quench.

That hand pass over the touchline having done all the hard work getting in a promising position typifies his current development as a footballer.

mayos shooting accuracy at croker would be incredible if the target was our own foot.

kerry looked very gettable for that second half but jesus some of those wides absolutely criminal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Hard luck to Mayo. James Horan to be fair has given massive service to Mayo, both as a player and manager. I feel if Mayo are to win that long awaited all Ireland though, then a change of manager is needed. He should have left after the all Ireland final last year imo.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

no way to blame a coach for the individual performances in shooting tbh

Most of their forwards underperformed today. If they get past Dublin they'll be very strong favourites in the final, especially if it's Galway...

• Advertisement

The players certainly aren’t free from blame, but shot selection is very much something that can be coached. It wasn’t this poor under Rochford, for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

It was a hammering unfortunately. Kerry didn't even set the world alight either. There's just no one on the pitch who can score. We had plenty of opportunities. It doesn't even look like any forward coaching is happening.

Cillian O'Connor had a very difficult day. Those achilles injuries are very hard to come back from, a lot of players aren't the same after them, it affects your pace and agility and everything. Cillian was never blessed with pace to begin with and it isn't going to get better for him now.

I thought Oisin Mullin did quite well in the circumstances though I did feel Clifford didn't look 100%.

Poor individual efforts can certainly stem from poor management. We've been stale / devoid of ideas for most of the year. Horan has brought some good times but there's a newish squad there who could benefit from something fresh on the sideline. I really hope we see that fresh start next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

From watching that a Dublin v Galway final looks more likely.

Not having a go at Mayo, but Kerry were poor enough today and the winning scoreline flattered them having more to do with poor shooting from Mayo than anything from Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Mayo first All Ireland quarter final defeat for 13 years. Horan left after 4 years in his first term with defeat to Kerry. He's done 4 years in his 2nd term will history repeat itself? either way a rebuilding process is required and lets be honest while Horan did well to lead them to back to back All Ireland finals the last two years the same quality and leadership isn't on that Mayo team as what was there 2013 to 2017.

I think Derry are going to have something to say before this is all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I think horan will throw in the towel. So near and yet so far over his tenure. Not sure who to go to next.

I’d be of the same view. Better it go out wide than in to the keepers hands. Too many of those, as well as the wides today. I suppose the result was what was expected, it was just how badly the second half went for us when we were competitive in the first half.

If I’m to take the few positives from the game, Jordan did well and I think he’s one of our best at the moment and I expect he will be for a few year too (I’m biased and I will admit it). Oisin was very good, Hession was decent, and Leeroy was as always, one of the best to play the game. Too many players didn’t play to their potential. Matty and Diarmuid just weren’t at it today. Both were guilty of a fair few shots to the keepers hands and wides too.

Anyway it’ll be interesting to see what happens from here on out. If Horan goes, then at least let it be a case that he’s replaced with someone who offers an improvement. Otherwise there’s no point in change for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement