Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painkillers and Pfizer efficacy

Options
  • 26-07-2021 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I took 2 paracetamol before my first Pfizer dose on Saturday. It is 2 days later and no noticeable side effects. I read this article (wish I had read it beforehand): https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/health-news/painkillers-not-recommended-before-getting-24517970. I am now worried I ruined the effectiveness of the shot since painkillers may hamper the immune response. I read it is known that painkillers affect flu vaccine efficacy so now I am worried.

I know not to take them now for my second shot, but wish I had known beforehand!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

There is nothing to worry about.

Paracetamol does not impair immune response, it is an anti inflammatory that works on an entirely separate set of systems to the mRNA vaccines.

Put it another way. If there was a genuine concern that it would affect the vaccine, would they be telling everyone to take it afterwards?

Advertisement