Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

2021/22 €50 Draft H2H league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I’m happy to go with the crowd on this but I’d have had no problem if klopparama did end up with Ronaldo. It’s part and parcel of the game and you can’t predict the future. Himself and Lukaku could miss half the season with injuries (not saying they will). We’re only two games in - lots of time for stuff to change.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Team falling apart, KdB, Pulisic and now Firmino off before half-time.

Hopefully they recover over the ib.

Aye but you still look good for 3 points this GW and those players are about to get 2 weeks to be ready for the next game.

You’re grand.

After the waiver we have 24 hours free agency.

Does anyone know if we can also do deals that will go through straight away, with each other, during the free agency period ?

From reading that, no.

All trades must be done before waiver deadline.

read the rules twice but couldn’t see it.

If you now sort the players by ‘draft’ they have Ronaldo as the No.1 pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think it’s done by most expensive player in regular FPL. People like Aubameyang would still be very high, higher than they should be.

Dunno if I can really say I expected double Palace attack to be my x-factor this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

They look a different team with Eduard upfront although they were playing an awful 10 man spurs.

Just noticed what you did this week klopparama. Very noble of you, but also not fair on you for you to be down a player. Think it would be better if everyone collectively agreed not to pick him up if you let him go.

I’ve a transfer arranged and already executed for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

I’m confused by your question. I was under the impression klopparama was planning on keeping Ronaldo on his bench for the season to level the playing field.

He has since clarified the situation.

To clear up your confusion about my question.

Firstly, As stated by me earlier in the thread, the rule maybe gave the early bottom player, a huge break, but rules are rules and I was happy to go with same.

1. Klopparama stated on here "I won’t be signing Ronaldo lads if I have first pick after this GW........There is zero chance I’d be picking him for my draft or FPL team." Therefore, as the only other player with no points, in 2nd last position, the opportunity would pass to me, as the next in line.
    2. Klopparama then contacted me about doing a deal for me to swap him Brunno for Ronaldo. My initial thoughts were, well, he has gone back on his word about not signing Ronaldo. We agreed that I would come back to him before the weekend of the International break with a final decision. I emailed him on the Friday before last as we agreed, to do the deal, but he responded that he had in the meantime gone ahead and done a deal with someone else, despite our emails.

So to answer your question, I am not sure how noble he was based on 1 & 2 above.

Anyway it's only a game. I was sold the Draft as the bees knees, but on early impressions, I think I will stick with the routine FF format.

I think you’re misunderstanding some stuff here. When I made my post, I had no idea that a trade had been made. I’d only just seen that Klopparama had drafted Ronaldo in and benched him. Nothing else.

Klopparama subsequently clarified that the situation was different to what I thought it was, and I haven’t made any suggestions or given any opinions after that point.

You sound a bit sore there Xander. Why would I give Ronaldo away for free ? Keeping him 3rd on my bench was not an option as 3rd sub is needed fairly often in draft.

You can interpret my initial words however you want. Although I should have added ‘for my team’.

i offered you Ronaldo in a swap deal but you said - ‘I am a bit ambivalent about Ronaldo. So for the moment, I think I will just hold onto Bruno.’

I did say if you change your mind to get back to me (that’s not an agreement by the way) but another deal was struck and you missed out because of your ambivalence.

i couldn’t do anymore than offer to start the whole thing over from GW4 to spread out the premiums better.

I’d still be happy to start over from GW 5 and do a new draft this week.

We made a huge mistake not foreseeing this problem with the transfer window.

I don’t think the luck of the draw has been fair and I wouldn’t be happy if it was the other way around. I currently have 3 first round picks and for no other reason than luck.

I think Xander has a fair point. You said you were not going to sign him and you did. You should have followed up here with another post if you changed your mind.

And just to be clear you were perfectly within your rights to sign him. Just a lack of communication.

Klopparama, you left out the bit where you said get back to you before the weekend, to give you time if you needed to make an alternative deal. And I did contact you on the Friday of the international weekend to proceed.

It was just the word "noble" stuck in my throat.

Just play on guys.

I mean the word noble was based on a completely erroneous understanding of it (based on the fact that I had none of the information of the trade discussions that were going on in the background).

I know that and appreciate that fact.

It was just seeing the word and me already knowing the facts.

No way could you have known and I wasn't having a pop at you.

At the end of the day Klopparama could do whatever he wanted, it was just he went completely against two statements he made.

The other bit that was strange, is I think we owe it to our opponents to play our best team and not bench Ronaldo for the one week of ownership (despite win).

However, I do believe Klopparama's heart was in the right play, he just ended up going about it all wrong.

Like I said, let's all carry on and enjoy the game.

Yeah, I definitely think the whole thing became much messier than it needed to be. Ultimately, I don't feel like anyone owed me anything outside of the rules of the game, but clearly this has created an unprecedented fiasco on here that was entirely unnecessary.

Fwiw

I think Klopparama should have just kept Ronaldo in the first place.

It would have been an interesting challenge to see if a front line of Kane, Lukaku & Ronaldo could be stopped by anyone, starting from a -9 PTS position.

There's always twist and turns with injuries etc.

I'm keeping schtum on all of this because I'm the one who ended up with Ronaldo. If people really want to go with Klopp's suggestion and restart the league to ensure a fairer distribution of assets I'm happy enough. But I would say that because I'm having a mare :-)

Let’s see how Richarlison gets on tonight before I give an opinion on that one :)

Fingers looked dead and buried 10mins ago then Keane and Gray score. Currently level after bonus points although gray and Keane are sharing 1 point which is unlikely to last.

Didn't think I'd get that close after saturday/sunday.

Will be playing 5-4-0 next week. ☺️

It was a good match in the end. I'm playing 541 too this week, it's much easier to find decent defenders than attackers.

Can't seem to grab a break here. Rock bottom on zero points! 3 of the 4 weeks I scored really well but came up against the weekly highest scorer.

Last minute entrance, Sands is flying on max points.

Playing the unorthodox 5-4-0 system this week.

Can't transfer out any of my front 3 as they will be snapped up and benched through their suspension/injuries.

I've a 1 point lead over CSF and a headache trying to figure out what I need to happen tonight.

He has Sanchez, Dunk, Zaha and Edouard vs Duffy and Maupay. I probably need someone like Gallagher to score and Maupay to get a goal to win. I also have 21 points on the bench with Sa and Sais :-(

I spotted your first two on the bench with 21 PTS, that alone wasn't far off some of the other teams weekly scores. I feel your pain.

I was so close to benching Sterling too as I knew he wouldn't be in Peps strongest starting 11 at the moment. I should have trusted my instinct.

Sanchez booked in the last minute makes it interesting. I'll get a draw if Sanchez loses his mysterious bonus point.

Edit - I forgot you have Zaha so you win by 1 or 2 points.

I'm up against the highflying Sands81 next, who not only has won all 6 games so far, but also has a total of 59 fantasy points higher than the next. I only need to beat him by 71 points to go top. No biggie.

Really impressed with how he has done considering when you look at the team there isn't like 1 player like a Salah or an Antonio where you can be like well thats where tonnes of the points came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Sands81

I have been lucky in many head to heads where I have just got over the line. I have some players who have done pretty well regularly like Jota, Vardy, Cancelo and Pogba (at the beginning). Unfortunately Torres and Mount are not going well now so they may not get much more game time.

I need a wildcard 😂😂😂

Mount is coming back at the right time though, they have a nice run of games coming up. You're in a strong position now.

The 4 Man city players has worked well for Sands81. Some weeks getting all 4 starting and scoring nicely and other weeks getting at least 2 of them with decent returns.

Surprisingly, Kane & Lukaku scored a total of 4 PTS the last 2 weeks. Chelsea have a nice run of fixtures now and hopefully Klopparama will slow the run of the top 2 on the current leaderboard.

I think the 59 points ahead of the next person would indicate you've been anything but lucky. Instead, I'm needing you to take a downturn this weekend.

I thought with Klopparama having Kane, Lukaku and Mane (with my 3 star attackers probably being Raphinha, Zaha and Sarr) the general theme was that it was everyone against Klopparama :) I was quite enjoying my spell as one of the pack.

I don't think anyone could have predicted Harry Kane forgetting how to play football. Spurs are so bad at the moment.

Yea he'll get his act together eventually. I don't think I've ever seen a player with such a swing in performance levels though, he can look like the best player in the world sometimes and then a Sunday league player when he's off form.